Fishymancer - Version 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fishymancer - Version 2.1

Diablo: A lot of people have problems with him, too. Usually this happens when they forget to cast Decrep, don't cast the clay golem or don't have points in SR.
Honestly, if you do what I wrote in the guide you should have no problems with diablo. If your Golem dies... recast it? It's not like there was a "one golem per game" limit or something...

baldanders

Diabloii.Net Member

Honestly, if you do what I wrote in the guide you should have no problems with diablo. If your Golem dies... recast it? It's not like there was a "one golem per game" limit or something...
I do recall that Normal Diablo was the hardest part of the game for my Fishymancer. I might have done something a bit wrong, as I didn't have quite as easy a time as you are describing.

But it was still not a big deal- D killed my skellies pretty fast, but since I wasn't near him he couldn't kill me before I portalled out. And since he doesn't regenerate you can just go raise a new army as many times as you need to. I have to admit that I find Fishymancers a bit tedious in places, but I agree that there's no part of the game they can't safely handle even without particularly good gear. The only times I've ever died with a Fishy I was stupidly rushing ahead of my minions.

OsyncO

Diabloii.Net Member

since I wasn't near him he couldn't kill me before I portalled out. And since he doesn't regenerate you can just go raise a new army as many times as you need to.
That sounds a lot more feasible than my tactic. I was running around with Andariel chasing me while I was trying to find corpses to turn into skeles. :crazyeyes:

baldanders

Diabloii.Net Member

That sounds a lot more feasible than my tactic. I was running around with Andariel chasing me while I was trying to find corpses to turn into skeles. :crazyeyes:
Generally speaking you want to avoid that kind of situation with a summoner. An ungeared Fishymancer can't do real damage to a boss, and runs the risk of getting killed if they face one even briefly. So when you see your army going down fast it is time to scram.

Like I said the only times I have died with this kind of build it was because I got careless about making sure I had a lot of minions guarding me. If you like taking risks go ahead and run from Andariel, but... if you want to be safe you should be gone by the time she turns her attention to you ;).

EDIT: also, Andariel should not be able to take out your skellies unless you get there at a very low level, or you misallocate points.

OsyncO

Diabloii.Net Member

Andariel should not be able to take out your skellies unless you get there at a very low level, or you misallocate points.
I started off fighting her at level 15 and I'm now 16.

I did misallocate 3 points. She takes out the skellies very quickly. Prior to Andariel they almost never died.

Does your statement mean that the stats of the skellies is tied to my level?

baldanders

Diabloii.Net Member

I started off fighting her at level 15 and I'm now 16.

I did misallocate 3 points. She takes out the skellies very quickly. Prior to Andariel they almost never died.

Does your statement mean that the stats of the skellies is tied to my level?
I'm not one of the forum mathemagicians, so take this with a grain of salt. Your skelly stats are not tied to your level but points make a big difference. Clvl 15 is high enough to easily kill Andariel, but you really don't want to misallocate 3 points. One in SM, the rest in skeletons. A bit of +skills can help here.

baldanders

Diabloii.Net Member

According to that, I have misallocated 5 points. I put one in amplify damage and one in corpse explosion. Perhaps it would be good to reset my points.
One in amp is a good idea, actually. Not necessary, but probably optimal. The main point is that you should be putting points into skellies. Not all the points, but most of them. You also want decrep when you hit Diablo in Normal. Other than that, keep pumping skellies.

akiradiablo

Diabloii.Net Member

My level is currently 28..

here is my skill stats...

Yeah i can recast decryp and golem but the problem is skellies... They die even before going near D :( and after that ... i have to TP back to some map to get them again. They are able to land only 2 or 3 shots on him :(

Am i doing it correctly.. once skellies die i have to get them from someother map... caus nothings around in that map.

akiradiablo

Diabloii.Net Member

Incase if the image is not visible ...

RS - 8
SM - 10
Golem - 2
Golem mastery - 2
Skele mage - 4
summon resist - 2
Decrypt - 1
(i have +1 summoning amulet)

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member

The thing is if you drop the clay golem on diablo and cast decrep on him, he should barely do anything at all because of all the slow. If you followed the skill progression you should be able to kill him easily. Go back to /players 1, if you haven't done so already. There's no extra credit for doing it on /players 8.

edit: Yea, I can see your problem now. You spread your skill points around randomly. Of course that's not going to work very well. There's a reason I put a skill progression in the guide, you know?

And quoting myself FROM THE GUIDE:

Finally, the one most frequently asked question, once again because I get asked this all the time:

Q: I get pwnd by normal Diablo! What gives?

A: Here are some thoughts that might help you:

1: Follow the skill progression. Roughly 2/3 of all people that asked this question just put their points in random skills and then wonder why it doesn't work. Max RS first, SM after that and put points only into skills you need right now. That means that on the curses tree you get only decrep and the prereqs of it before fighting diablo. Everything else should be spent on your skellies.

2: Use your skills. About 1/3 of all people that asked this question didn't use their skills properly. First, cast decrepify on diablo (and refresh the curse as needed). Have your clay golem out to slow him down further. Recast it as soon as it goes down. 90% of the time diablo will focus on this guy (no idea why, he just does) If one of your skellies goes down, recast it immediately. There should be plenty of bodies around, usually.

3: It is possible to bring down normal diablo on players 8, I have repeatedly done that in HC untwinked. But if you find that you followed step 1 and 2 and still have problems you can lower the player settings to 1.

Updated Version of the guide here: Fishymancer Final Version

I didn't change much but it's a bit easier to read now. I removed some unnecessary stuff and a few things that no longer apply in 1.13. Also there seems to be a higher limit for characters per post so I condensed the whole thing in one post. This thread here can be closed, I guess

Last edited:

OsyncO

Diabloii.Net Member

I reset my points and put 1 in Amplify, 1 in SM and 15 in RS. I have a preserved head with +3 Golem Mastery and +1 SM. So I used a wand with +1 Clay Golem and +2 SM. I used a clay golem and 7 skeles and Andariel killed them all. I raised a few more skeles during the fight. I didn't have time to find out if a second round would be successful but I'll try that later.

My skill tree shows 3 points in SM and none in Golem Mastery. So I did some research and see that I need to equip the head.

Is a clay golem, +3 golem mastery and +3 SM better than +2 RS?

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member

Yea, give it a shot with the golem set up. Just keep casting the golem on andariel and you should be fine. Honestly, I don't know why people sometimes have problems there. I always steamroll her pretty much completely. Often on /p8. This is hard for me to reproduce so I don't quite know what to tell people beyond what I've already said.

I do tend to get some good necro heads and wands early in act 1, though. Or run areas a few times until I get something decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.