Fishymancer - Version 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SincereX13

Diabloii.Net Member
Leave it to me to ask the question w/o reading the entire guide :uhhuh: . However it seems their really is no place to put the points. My lvl 43 skellies (with Beast on switch) pretty much never die and kill so quickly. I guess I'll pump Golem b/c at least I use it...

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
No problem. All that text is basically just an elaborate way of saying "post your necromancer related question here. :lol

Well, the golem is only useful if you use iron golem. The others can just be cheaply resummoned. But yeah, with +13 skills and beast you won't need much.

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
I find that I can get by just fine just picking up the potions that drop on players 1. You can swap out your wartravs for silkweave, that could be a big help, too. A blade of ali baba with 2 Tirs might be an option, too. Slightly less MF than gull but more gold find and +4 mana per kill. Hey, I think I need to do a weapon switch.

Incidentally, I think I'll add a mini-guide on the WS K since I spent half my life there. That sound like a good idea to anyone?
hmm, i will consider those gear switches.
The WSK mini guide would be indeed very nice, though sounds like a rather difficult project due to the fact that almost anything can spawn there (though only a small part of the monsters are actually a threat).

As an experienced mf-er do you think it would make any sense to just run level2-3 of the WSK with my necromancer? I am not sure on the theoretical chanches, but in practice i found at least half of my good items there, during wsk runs. And struggling on the last level often takes up more than 50% of the time i spend running there. They are lev85 areas, with several uniques after all. And I am not all that motivated to get more exp on this char.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Artagas said:
As an experienced mf-er do you think it would make any sense to just run level2-3 of the WSK with my necromancer?
Personally I wouldn't do it that way. I think you might just need a bit more practice with the Throne of destruction. There are pretty much only 2 things that I would bypass: WS K 2 if it spawns the self exploding monsters and WS K 3 if it spawns both kinds of PI monsters. Everything else I have absolutely no trouble taking out. I got a lot of good stuff from baal and his minions too. Sure, he seems to drop few TC87 items but when he drops them they are usually green or better.

Imo the most efficient way to run this place is to try and kill as many things as you can in one pass in WS K 2, WS K 3 and the throne, and then finish baal and his minions. Don't go back to check every nook and cranny, that would take too long.

Fishy's rock.
Its been a while since i checked the guide, so cant tell whats new, although i think after 3 fishy pats i have mastered it. Sincere, i suggest bone armour if you dont use marrows, or revives. having 20ish revives beats 1 golem, which with 1 point will do all thats required from it (slow, tank against bosses)

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think + to mana or health per enemies killed items will transfer health if your minions do the killing. I'm 99% certain that's the case with Death's Web. I haven't taken a pure summoner to Hell Cows yet Nightfish, but have you tried Hell Cows with it? With Beast I imagine it would be a cinch and it's a great place to find socketables (especially Monarchs) for trade.

Edit: Ah, but this is single player so NM on the trading.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
I don't think + to mana or health per enemies killed items will transfer health if your minions do the killing.
Did I claim it does? Don't think so. 95% of everything that dies, dies to CE where mana per kill and life per kill works fine.

Why would I want to run hell cows? I find everything I need just running the WS K.

Pherdnut said:
I don't think + to mana or health per enemies killed items will transfer health if your minions do the killing. I'm 99% certain that's the case with Death's Web. I haven't taken a pure summoner to Hell Cows yet Nightfish, but have you tried Hell Cows with it? With Beast I imagine it would be a cinch and it's a great place to find socketables (especially Monarchs) for trade.

Edit: Ah, but this is single player so NM on the trading.
'X something per kill' will work if your minions kill, otherwise it would be very pointless for this build.
Ive killed hell cows with fishy's and its defionitely do-able. your only real threat is something like might boss packs, they hurt. alot. watch your minions disintergrate as 40 might enchanted cows attack.

vajurewi

Diabloii.Net Member
Excellent revision, NF.

Fishy is my main MF'er and he's up to clvl 96 now.
Id like to move along on the XP bar doing WSK runs, but killing speed and runs slow way down for p>3. But I see people talking about doing WSK runs on p8.

Heres the setup
Harley pTop
Rare ammy w +1 skills, Tele, piddly + resist
Skullders p Top
Rhyme in a head that gives bone spirit and some other useful stuff
Ali Baba w 2 ISTs
Chance Guards
Goldwrap
Nagel x 2 for 60
War Travs
Gheeds
bunch 7 mfsc, GC w resists/life - but no skillers.

Merc = Gface pTop, Skullders, Reapers or sometimes Hone w Amn, Shael

Im willing to trade off some MF if the killing speed will improve a bunch say for p5, but I dont see it happening with what gear?

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Vaj, you do realise that each player adds 50% XP for 50% life, right? So basically you don't gain that much from adding players unless you're playing a really overpowered build. Personally I would just MF the WS K normally and take the XP you get with that as a bonus. I don't really see the point of getting a char to 99 anyway so I never really bothered to find the best way to do that. Imo it proves nothing.

You can of course increase your killing speed if you have lots of skillers, a beast runeword and preferably a runeword mod to allow use of the new overpowered battle.net runewords. With all those auras and level 40+ skellies nothing could stop you.

vajurewi

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Vaj, you do realise that each player adds 50% XP for 50% life, right? So basically you don't gain that much from adding players unless you're playing a really overpowered build. Personally I would just MF the WS K normally and take the XP you get with that as a bonus. I don't really see the point of getting a char to 99 anyway so I never really bothered to find the best way to do that. Imo it proves nothing.

You can of course increase your killing speed if you have lots of skillers, a beast runeword and preferably a runeword mod to allow use of the new overpowered battle.net runewords. With all those auras and level 40+ skellies nothing could stop you.

1. yep I do - just didnt see dudes talking about fishys doing WSK on p8
2. yeah, I might throw in a couple summoning skillers and see w happens...

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
vajurewi said:
1. yep I do - just didnt see dudes talking about fishys doing WSK on p8
Because they aren't meant to do that. ;) I wouldn't pay too much attention to what people say, too. :D Let everyone run at what setting he is happy with. So long as you do it with a good reason all is fine.

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
just a quick comment:
when WSK running, I actually like reviving gloombats. Not because they do any great damage, but because if I can get some on lvl 2, when I hit lvl 3 they will fly ahead and trigger any gloams/serpents before my army (or more importantly, my necro) are in their path. I call them my distant early warning system. I suppose if you hold to the claim that gloams/serpents piercing attack isn't all that dangerous then it's not such a big deal, but for us mere mortals who can die in 1 or 2 gloam hits, avoiding them becomes important.

Llathias

Banned
excellent guide, Nightfish! as with the previous. :thumbsup: if i did not miss a version, you've added the Fire Golem, removed the skill progression for each lvl and pulled back the initial Clay Golem/CE point, as the main strategic changes in the build. i had mixed feelings seeing you made changes i'd mentioned in your guide survey (and got a bit harshly replied). the added MP part was something else i expected and liked. pointing out to put a point in Summon Resist before Diablo will be very useful for me!

one thing that's been missing in the previous version as well is the HF vs Might comparison. we know why HF is not a good choice for this build, but it seems forgotten among all the other Act 2 mercs. bringing back the lvl by lvl skill distribution (or just saying like 24-30 --> skeleton mastery) could also be nice.

again, excellent guide. with every version, you're tempting me more to start a fishymancer. :clap:

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm glad you liked it, Llathias. I'm not sure what you're implying, but the changes I made were not based on outside input, they were simply the results of stripping the build down to the bone so I can add several variants. It's basically just another way of saying what was previously in the guide.

The added MP part was there in the last version already for all I know, btw. ;)

I think I could add a HF vs might comparison but I think that's really pointless. It's a very minor thing and it should really be obvious that with 30 summons you want aura to help them out... If I do another update (which I really, really doubt) I'll add it just for the sake of completeness. But that alone is not worth another version.

The detailed skill progression is not coming back because it is too much of a hassle for me to calculate and the little paragraph of text says all you need to know.

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Running vs. Walking: Another of those things that are frequently brought up. Personally I prefer running for several reasons. For one, walking looks strange to me and I prefer to be as fast as I can. I got my necromancer to guardian without dying and without walking so I guess I can safely say you don't have to walk. Just don't charge along blindly leaving your minions behind. That's not really a good idea.
As opposed to the guardians that die on the way to hell Baal? :lol:

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Great guide, Nightfish. I made this build using your last version of the guide. Maybe I'll do it again. :D It was great fun.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Always glad to see a happy customer. ;) If you already have a char with this guide maybe it's time to try another one. *cough* Assassin Guide *cough*

/shameless self-advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.