Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fishymancer Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SeDnA, May 31, 2005.

1. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Fishymancer Question

Here's a n00b question for the pros out there.

After maxing CE/SM/RS, where should I go?

Currently:
    Curses
    Amplify Damage 1
    Terror 1
    Weaken 1
    Decrepify 1

Summoning
    Skeleton Mastery 20
    Raise Skeleton 20
    Raise Skeletal Mage 1
    Revive 1
    Clay Golem 1
    Blood Golem 1
    Iron Golem 1
    Fire Golem 1
    Golem Mastery 1
    Summon Resist 1

Poison and Bone Spells
    Corpse Explosion 20
    Teeth 1

What should I do now? I mean, what other skills should I go? Mages? Revives(Retarded AI)? More curses? PnB Skillz (No Marrowwalks)?

2. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

My personal recommendation is to bump up your curses. I'm supremely lazy and like to hit everything around me with one cast of Amp, for example, and therefore place extra points in it.

Nightfish has a list of viable options in his guide

Check it out.

3. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

personally, I went with revives. sure it's probably poitless and possibly even slowing to have 20+ revives but it makes for a really fun army.

if you get bored waiting for your skellies to kill things, bone spear can help, but without synergies, it's pretty minor.

summon resist helps although isn't needed all that much.

The beauty of this build is that everything after those first 60 some odd points is gravy

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'm not as lazy:) so I'd get some more Revives, but your build is pretty much already finished, so whatever you put points in from now on won't really improve it that much. I think branching out into Bone/Poison skills is a bad idea since both will be very weak without proper synergies, and to have decent synergies you need to take your build very close to lvl 99 and even then...:(

5. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Long back before my computer exploded I had a good Fishy. I put spare points in Amp until it was ~15 before skills and the rest went into Golem Mastery.

Being able to Amp the entire screen is nice.

Also, wouldn't this have better gone in the thread with the guide itself? *shrug*

6. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I think I listed pretty much every half-decent option in the latest installment of the guide. If none of that float your boat I'm not sure what will. ;)

7. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Maybe It would've been better if this went in the guide thread, but well too late.

I think I'll go revives but I don't even have a Naj Staff so I'll just leave the points there for a while.

8. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

i put some points into AD as well (it is at 5+9 now i think) and never regret it (not like i would have a reason to regret with still having a bunch of spare points).

I was chatting with a guy who plays on bnet a while ago and he said he could mf efficiently having some crazy level in revives (30+) and just reviving everything he passed by basically (the entire eldritch pack, and other seemingly pointless things), but than he has enigma (the n00b) so i guess "navigation" is much less of a problem for him.
    personally i regard a large (10+) number of revives as annoying things that get into my merc's way, who is the fastest to get that much needed first kill after which everything will go booom.

9. HBeachBabe

except that in your guide, you don't like any of the options. you might as well recommend putting them into "advanced nose picking"

10. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Eh.

Advanced nose picking gets diminishing returns around 5 points or so. It's not really worth more than 1. Especially after +skills.

11. SkaMan

SkaMan IncGamers Member

I usually go the same way as serdash - bump up amp 'til you can cover a nice area (it's great for lighting up dark areas too!) and the rest into golem mastery... There's nothing worse than making a nice honor in an ethereal decapitator or similar and having the golem die!

~Ska

12. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

i put 5 points to Summon Resist, 5 in Amp Damage, 5 in Revive, 5 in Attract, 5 in Dim Vision and i have a point or 2 still floating at clvl89

:) matt

13. Nightfish

That is untrue. Of course I said none of these were so awesome that you must have them, that's the whole point of these things being optional. If any single option stood out as clearly superior to the others that'd be part of the main build. Which is why CE is not optional. I see no compelling reason not to be truthful about none of this mattering much. I also said what my past necromancers did well with so if you really have no clue what to do you can always follow in my finsteps. (yes, finsteps, fish ain't got no feet)

14. HBeachBabe

does that mean my 5 points in Advanced Nose Picking were wasted?

15. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I can´t believe you have no points in Life Tap. That´s a merc saver if ever there was one (especially good against otherwise unleechable monsters).

Also, I don´t know how strong the 1.10 skellies are vs the Hell act bosses, but if they should all get killed somehow, golem + Iron Maiden can always get you through (and IM is a prerequisite for Life Tap anyway).

And while you´re at it, get a point in Lower Resist, too. Stone Skin bosses of PI monster types can´t have the immunity broken.

16. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

they dont inflict real damage, as i think they dont have the AR to hit Meph (for example) very often, but killing boses... that's my merc's job, especially if equiped with guillaume's and a sweet hone sundan
    skellies are mainly for distraction and keeping the boss busy.
    though, as i was only doing meph runs lately, i've noticed that he kinda focuses on my golem...which is at a click of a right mouse button to recast :)

17. Nightfish

Oh, do go ahead and believe it jiansonz ;) Those curses were left out on purpose. Life Tap is unneeded because the only thing mercs die to is iron maiden. And I doubt Life Tap would save them there. Iron Maiden itself is left out because everything dies faster to Amp & your troops than to IM. Skellies really don't die very often (or at all), even against act bosses. No need for the tedious golem / IM thing. LR might be useful to CE unbreakable PIs but to be quite honest they are so rare that I don't really want it. Especially since more often than not plain CE is enough to kill them anyway.

18. Nightfish

I don't think that's all correct. Yes, CB from your merc will do a lot of damage while the boss still has a lot of life but I am quite sure that once he's getting low on life your minions make up a pretty large chunk of the damage.

19. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

indeed, when there's a small amount of life left on the boss you can see the effects of might and the damage the merc and skellies do...but till then (at least in my case) its only that 80% chance of CB that does the real damage

20. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

If he´s twinked for survival/power, maybe. But in this case, we don´t know that.

Life Tap won´t save him from IM, correct. 50(+what is on gear)% life steal won´t help much if the damage is returned several hundred percent!

OK, then it´s not needed. But I still have my doubts about Diablo. His Firestorm should be able to fry them (especially since they will stand right next to him). If you look at my latest update in the Rare Pleasures tournament, you can see that NM Diablo fried both merc + golem in one attack (and they have more life than the skeletons, right?). Yes, Diablo was constantly Decrepified, Clay Golem-slowed and chilled by mages. I sure needed Iron Maiden after that. :) But I suppose it´s better to buy a wand with IM if you only need it against him.

BTW, it´s not that tedious to do the golem + IM thing against act bosses. They have a big bonus to damage against minions, and that gets reflected back.