Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fishymancer Iron Golem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Thirteenth, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Thirteenth

Thirteenth IncGamers Member

Fishymancer Iron Golem

What else to do with leftover points? my +skill took care of all curses and revives so i have around 40 points to spend, and i doubt ill need bone armour since i mostly stand back so i decided to go with iron golem.

i have NEVER used iron golem before but i got the idea that it is used only for auras, hence i want to make it durable

1 Point IG
    20 Golem Mastery
    Rest in Blood golem

Would this ensure the highest hp golem? or am i missing something?

Also some nooby questions;

I heard people get mad when the golem dies because they lose their item, i thought you lost it anyways so its not THAT big of a deal. or do you get the item back if you just exit the game or unsummon it? I doubt it but i have to ask :)

Thanks

2. XtremeTiramisu

XtremeTiramisu IncGamers Member

Re: Fishymancer Iron Golem

What I did about the rest of skill points in late game for my final sum nec build on ladder is I dump the rest of the points in corpes explosion after I've maxed raised skeleton, raised skeleton mage, skeleton mastery and golem mastery. I use an Insight iron golem so I'd like him to have as much life as possible, hence the GM is maxed. I put 1 point in corpes explosion in the early stage of the game. I don't use it becouse it's quite mana intensive when your char level is low and not be able to equip his final gear to gain boost in mana. After I've maxed RS, RSM, SM, and GM, I started dumping the rest of point in CE. By level 90 I'll have my CE acheive level 20 and above with all the +skill items I've. level 20 gives a radius effect of about 9 yards so it's good enough to do its job right but larger the radius the better of course. I prefer a buffed Insight iron golem that will not die and gives me unlimited mana to spam CE than have a very large CE radius but lesser survivable Insight Iron golem and fear the lost of its life.

XT

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

That would indeed give the highest amount of HP. But points in BG do not ad that mcuh health.

4. XtremeTiramisu

Each skill point you add into GM gives your golem 20% increase in life and each skill you add into BG gives your IG 5% increase in life. Since the skill points are limited to 110 IIRC. It's best bet to max GM rather than BG as a synergy in life for IG.

5. Thirteenth

I don't want to spend my leftover points on Mages, they just do horrible damage and i wont even be using lower resist

using base build

20 RS
    20 SM
    20 CE

1 in each curse except maiden/tap/LR

Using the last points (around 40) on a bone spell or poison spell would be a waste since their synergies are needed, so i just want to go with the IG to buff up the army i already have. So 20 in GM and whatever i have left into BG since there is nothing else to put it in... Maybe 1 point in BA to avoid 1 hits? Though i doubt Ill ever get hit.

6. Grimey

Grimey Banned

I will suggest maxing Dim Vision. Works wonders with fana archers and lightning gloams/souls.

7. Thirteenth

Dim will have enough radius and duration after +skills (for my taste anyways)

And i have it as a prereq for attract already.

making an aura IG seems like it would help me more than magers, support poison or bone skill or more revives (+skill is enough)

Insight if i have manage troubles, some cheap runeword for crushing blow on bosses maybe or if i dare i can use things like Pride or beast maybe even infinity (or have that on merc)

Just need to make sure my IG stays alive, so low damage (for IM) and high HP seems to be the best bet.

8. XtremeTiramisu

Sure, if you're just starting out on ladder and your necro is your first build, his skill points distribution will obviously be quite different than your final rebuild nec with his end game equipments. I've being working hard on ladder for the past few weeks so I've already aquired the end game items to make a perfect attribute build nec with the right proportion of skill points distribution. At first you'll likely max corpes explosion and maybe a few points dropped here and there where you needed. But after you gain a lot of +skill items by late game, 1 point in any curse will be enough. Any godly necro build will agree with me on this becouse the base 1 point on any curse + X# of + skill items will gives you enough radius to do its job right. The larger the radius the better of course but we don't have unlimited skill distribution so we've to consider the diminish of return on adding more skill points to a particular skill. Suppose a player has an end game items like my necro: +2 from Shako, +2 from Enigma, +4 from Homu, +3 from Torch, +1 from Anni = 12 points on top of your base point = 13. Note that this is my necro with his pure MF equip. Switch the goldwrap, 2x Nagel, and Chanceguard, you gain another +7 skills from Arachnid, 2x sojs or bks, Mara, and Trang gloves. 19 +skill points on top of your base point = 20. By that time you will realized that by max on a curse and +19 addition skill points from items would be overkill and you're better off putting the skill points else where.

9. Thirteenth

Yes, quite right... however this what not what i asked, at all

10. Meenah

Meenah IncGamers Member

If you want to kill bosses only, go for a Windhammer Ogre maul iron golem for that 60% crushing... Yum!

11. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Mages do horrible damage? Untwinked, yes, with end-game gear, no.

Anyway, blood golem doesn't give enough hp to be worth it. You probably don't even need to max golem mastery either. With over 20 +skills, I think just a few levels is enough.

Also, what's that gear you're wearing on your nec tiramisu? Maras? Homu? That's not end-game