Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fishymancer help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ehawk, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ehawk

ehawk Diabloii.Net Member

fishymancer help

I have read the guide, but I still cant seem to beat diablo on normal without either dying a hundred times, or getting some higher level char. to help. So I am either missing something or too low of a level. I have a point in summon resist like the guide says, and cast decrepify on Diablo. Clay golem is only one point. My RS and SM are 14 and 7. any thoughts?

2. Kirah

Kirah Diabloii.Net Member

What level are you? Do you have enough light / fire resistance? Diablo's lightning / fire hose is a combination of damage of the two. I usually end up having to go into combat myself to help out gumby and the skellies. I also end up using a lot of potions unfortunately. I also use skellie mages (poison mages helps to slow the diablo healing rate). Of course the skellie mages only get off one shot before dying :p Which merc are you using? I"ve yet to kill diablo without having to go back to town to get back the merc and get a new batch (or two or three) of skellies. But I'm a pretty lazy necro player. :)

hope this helps, diablo is a pain though...

good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

3. Bandit

Bandit Diabloii.Net Member

be sure to keep casting decrep and clay golem at him to slow him down to a crawl....when I do that only occasionally will he cast his fire/lightning hose goodness and take out 2 or 3 skeles plus gumby...he usually goes after the golem from what i've experienced, so I always cast the golem on the other side of diablo from where my skele's are at. happy hunting! ;)

4. Nerigazh

Nerigazh Diabloii.Net Member

I'll second Kirah's questions about your level and merc.

That being said, if your skellies are dying fast you could put a couple more points into Summon Resist or get some +skills things that raise it a bit more. It doesn't start to really suck until after a few points, and as a fishy you will have a lot of leftover points anyway.

You yourself shouldn't be really getting hit by Diablo much, other than his fairly weak fire nova attack; the two strong attacks are shot in whatever direction he's facing. Pay attention to which of your minions he's killing (probably your golem) and don't stand behind that minion :)

Remember Decrepify doesn't last long at all, you have to recast it constantly. Also make sure you instantly recast your golem if it dies. Between those two things Diablo really shouldn't have much dmg output.

If all else fails, just get some more levels and raise skellies; I'm pretty sure mine was maxed when I killed him the first time.

5. MaxMax

MaxMax Diabloii.Net Member

If you are lvl 30+ revive urdar/mauler (big club guys.)
    Personally I find their CB paramount when killing bosses with fishy...

6. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia Diabloii.Net Member

Since I now play offline a lot (so without good gear) what I tend to do is create a Coral and Garnet ring (Horadric Cube formula), and a shield with either Ancient Pledge (runeword Ral-Ort-Tal) or 3 Flawless/Perfect Diamonds. That will give you 70-75% lightning and fire resistance. I prefer this shield over a head with +2-3 RS. If necessary get your runes by running the Countess a couple of times and upgrading with the Cube.

Then again, just returning to town or dying a few times may get you past Diablo quicker than going through this trouble.