Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fishymancer good for MF?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by piggybank, May 5, 2008.

1. piggybank

piggybank IncGamers Member

Fishymancer good for MF?

I'm starting fresh. New account, new character, no friends in the D2 world to hook me up with items.

I want to make a fishymancer, as that's my favorite build to play. I've never been much of a magic finder, but I'm thinking of making this guy strictly for magic finding. Are fishymancers good magic finders?

Now I realize that I won't have the shear killing speed when it comes to boss runs that sorcs have, but I'm not really concerned with speed. I plan to take my time clearing the pit and world stone keep, just walking through it all, not porting.

Is this a reasonable plan and will I be successful? How much magic find should I be shooting for, about 400 or so?

2. solutionx

solutionx IncGamers Member

Re: Fishymancer good for MF?

Yep Fishy's great for MF, specially WSK to Baal. Once you've accumulated enough wealth you'll have an Enigma (like I recently got) and you'll be able to do so much more so very fast.

Personally I have 300 MF with Alibaba and Spirit on secondary (another 110+MF) to switch before Baal dies. Still no confirmation if that really makes a difference, but I do it.

I wouldn't shoot for too high MF since you'll sacrifice killing speed; and besides, doing pits and WSK means you'll have a good chance at getting some Eth or Plain gear you can cube socket for potential HRs. With too high MF, plain/eth armors and weapons will become less common. Lots of fishys do runs with NO mf just for the armors and weapons.

3. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

It does make a difference with an MF switch, but why Spirit? Rhyme is a much better MF switch shield.

4. DaveTheGreat

DaveTheGreat IncGamers Member

Sorry to interrupt, but I'm making my very first fishymancer as well for mf.

You guys use your mf gear on a switch? I was just going to run around with an ali baba all the time, what do you use instead? And would it be okay just to put mf jewels in my ali baba, since I wouldn't be able to afford Ists?

5. piggybank

piggybank IncGamers Member

I plan to have a single set to use, because I want to be MFing all the time, not just on switch for bosses.

My ultimate goal is:
    Shako with P topaz
    Skulders ire with P topaz or Enigma
    Ali Baba which I will leave open for ists as I get them (this will be a long time, heh)
    war travs
    chance guards
    gold wrap
    2 nagle rings or sojs if I'm lucky.
    mara's
    homunculus with P diamond
    Summon charms

I think it should be a good balance of MF and +skills. If I get an aokl then I'll use that on switch for summoning.

6. DaveTheGreat

DaveTheGreat IncGamers Member

Heh, thats going to be almost my exact setup! I have 10mf and a 7mf jewel I'm going to put in the ali baba, since they're cheap and if I ever do get Ists it will be easy to get another. Have almost all of it, just need the hommuculus. I think I'm going to throw in some mf scs too, not the pricey 7mf ones but some of the lower variety. If you're US east we should meet up sometime ;)

7. solutionx

solutionx IncGamers Member

I meant Rhyme. I have no idea why I keep getting those two mixed up.

Rhyme is a great shield, by the way, for an untwinked necromancer. It's what I used until I got my hands on a Homonculus.

8. Kryyn

Kryyn IncGamers Member

The best there is! :scratch: