Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fishymance by Nightfish

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Vorsha, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Vorsha

Vorsha IncGamers Member

Fishymance by Nightfish

I have necromancer level 70. He is a fishymancer made by Nightfish guide.
    Is it ok to put one point to iron maiden? And how many points should I put in summon resist? I've made all skill points that Nightfish said that we should. Give me some advices plz.

2. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

The rule of thumb for Necros is one point in all curses, and let your +skills boost them -- including IM. I just put one point in summon resist, with a modest +6 to skills, and it's already getting big time diminshing returns. So, I'd suggest only one point in Summon Resist also.

GL -- Fishys kick arse! :thumbsup:

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

If you're going to get and use Lower Resist, then you'll have to get IM as a pre-req. Otherwise, do not bother. Unless you happen to like Bad Manners dueling...

And yes, 1 point in Summon Resist is all you need.

4. Vorsha

Vorsha IncGamers Member

But what should I do with my other points? I'm only lvl 70.

5. FrostBurn

What is your current skill allocation and gear?

6. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of the Undead!

Gooooo fishys!! (ahem, must be more serious here). I went with maxxed summon skellie, skellie mage, skellie mastery. Then one point into each curse (you don't have to have all the curses, but I did for fun), gumby, golem mastery, revive, summon resists, teeth (rereq), CE (you could max this if you want). I've got over a dozen skill points left and like 70 or 80 attribute points left that I'm not sure what to do with.

Viable Options:
    (1) Max golem mastery for more life on golems (I find that gumby does not die all that much so I leave that up to you, I didn't like the other golem types, but my friends swear by the iron golem)
    (2) Max CE - greater area of effected = more dead monsters (I've got enough +skills from items that my area of effect is sufficient for my purposes so again I leave that up to you)
    (3) Max Dim Vision - blind everything on the screen and some things off the screen (again my area of effect is fine with just one point so far I find)
    (4) put a point into bone armor then put lots of points into the synergies (bone wall or bone cage) to max your defensive capabilities. (I tend to favor a high block % personally and have lots of dex charms which are nice).

There are probably more options that my pea-sized brain has forgotten, but I hope that this helps some!

Good luck and Good hunting!
    Kirah

7. Vorsha

Vorsha IncGamers Member

I have + 3 to all skills. My equipment is bad, very bad.

8. FrostBurn

Ok. But how have you spent your skill points so far? What skills have you maxed and what skills have more than 1 point? If you list them, I'll be able to give you more informed choices on your build.

9. Vorsha

Vorsha IncGamers Member

I have 1 skill points in all curses. I have maxed CE, skeleton mastery, raise skeleton. I have put 1 skill point in other summoning spells and they are all on lvl 3. All my curses are on lvl 3 also. I have 22 CE. and one point in teeth.

10. Vorsha

Vorsha IncGamers Member

CROWN OF THIEVES- grand crown
    GRAVENSPINE- bone wand
    BRIMSTONE BADGE- overseer skull
    VIPER SHROUD- plate mail
    HWANIN'S BLESSING BELT
    INFERNOSTRIDE DEMONSHIDE BOOTS
    ENTROPY LOOP.........

11. FrostBurn

By my calculations, you've spent 78 skill points (79 if you had put 1 into Fire Golem). Which means you have enough skill points to come to max another skill, and pump one more if you play to a high enough level. I recommend that you get as many +skills as possible, and ideally, an Enigma for teleporting yourself and your minions together.

1. Currently, your Clay Golem is still a little weak, but if you get enough +skills, it will survive very well with 1 hard point in CG, GM and SR. If you can manage to get those +skills, I suggest you keep the skill points in these skills at 1 each.

2. Likewise, your main curses, like Amp, Dim Vision and Attract, have a relatively small radius due to low skills points. Again, get enough +skills, and the radius will be much larger with just 1 hard point.

3. Skeleton Magi are a good candidate to max. When maxed, you get as many Magi as you get Skellies, and they do more damage compared to just 1 hard point. When you face a rare unbreakable PI, using LR and maxed Magi will kill it fast. The only problem here is if you have no source of teleport, the Magi can block doorways, or narrow passages, but it is a small problem, and teleport (e.g. Enigma, teleport ammy, Naj's Puzzler) will solve that problem.

4. 1 point Bone Armour and max Bone Wall. This gives you a Bone Armour of several hundred points, which will absorb all physical attacks, melee or ranged. Not necessary, but if you have the spare points, it is a nice extra layer of protection, especially if you max vita, and do not have max block.

5. Do not bother with the Bone spells or Poison spells. You do not have enough remaining skill points to synergy them properly, and the damage they do unsynergised will be weak.

6. 1 point in Revives is all you need.

EDIT:
    Sorry, I didn't proof read this... I meant to say Lower Resist. :smiley:

And you are welcome.

12. Vorsha

Vorsha IncGamers Member

Thx very much.

13. Fang

Fang IncGamers Member

um whats a fishmancer? i keep hearing about it and how it "owns" things. whats the basic biuld of it all?

14. FrostBurn

Please look in the stickied guides library when you need to know what a particular build is.