Fishymacer WS K Runs Mini-Guide

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
m.a.a.m, good job on finding the answer to your question#1 in time to edit ;)

mad.as.a.meataxe said:
2) How much inventory space do you keep clear while running? Do you just ID as you go or have one big ID'ing session at the end. I would presume the former.
Space is 4x2, just left of the cube and my tomes. I used to have the cube all to the right with my free space all to the left but after a year or so I realised that was dumb.

I ID stuff as I go. That's one of the big advantages of this build, I can pick up stuff and ID it and not lose any time because my army keeps on killing. Usually I would pick up the item, say a rare war pike and then move to engage the next pack of enemies. In the time it takes my people to get the first corpse I have the thing ID'd and dropped or moved to the cube, whatever seems the logical choice.

mad.as.a.meataxe said:
3) How long would an average run take you?
That really depends. I don't run as fast as I used to since
1) I play HC which makes me proceed slightly more carefully than I'd do in SC
2) I do other stuff while I run
3) Some enemies slow me down more than others
4) I haven't done excessive runs in a while so I'm not quite as practiced as I could be

I just did one run and was finished before Dante's Inferno was done playing, took me about 13:30 all in all. Getting the game up and Baal down. Spawns were:
WS K 2: Gloams, Vipers, Beeltes (almost my favorite combo, cleared the entire place)
WS K 3: Ghosts, Succubi, Stranglers (my least favorite combo, still cleared 2/3rds since that's one circle on my map)
Throne: Succubi (yay), OKs and Balrogs (about 80% clearance, didn't go to the two top chambers since those never seem to hold bosses)

I'd reckon the clearing took about 10 minutes with the rest of the time devoted to baal and his minions. Another 30 seconds or so because I did a pindle run first. No notable finds except for an ethereal Verdungo's off baal. Lots of TC87 stuff, though. I like my 100 durability dimensional shard. >_<

Ashmer Amadeus said:
Not to be picky NF, especially since your Fishymancer is the only SP pat I've ever had, but any chance you could make a list of lesser, but maybe still allowable MF gear? Before I deleted everything I didn't have a UGH so I used a Peasant Crown(PTopaz). And would it make that much difference if I went ghetto mf and used a 4PTopaz elite armor instead of Skulders? I know I lose the skills, but more then likely I'll have more MF for it.
Well, of course you can use other stuff. How do you think I started out? :D Just refer to the general section. The specific one was just to show what I use in specific. It's one example out of a million setups you can use. Maybe I should make that clearer. You can even make do without teleports it just takes you that much longer. But sooner or later you'll find something that has TP charges.

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
NF, great job.

I agree with your gear selections, don't sacrifice killing speed for MF. The difference between 350 and 380 is very small, put those Frosties back on if you really need them. Do what it takes to make your runs fast and safe, then worry about how much MF you can carry. The WSK is dangerous enough without gimping yourself.

On my sorc, I find myself getting into Tal's gear and 2xSoJ when I run areas. Even though it's way less MF, I end up killing faster and staying alive longer, which means I find more items, and I have more fun doing it.

-GG

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks GG. ;) As far as sorcs go you can't get any better than the complete tal's set, imo. Best balance of MF, life, skills and resis out there. I use the set for each of my sorcs that runs anything.

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
I think he uses fire golem, because his "aura" draws monsters attention to him while skellies pound them to death.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Zavior said:
I think he uses fire golem, because his "aura" draws monsters attention to him while skellies pound them to death.
Correct and it's in the updated necromancer guide, too.

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
Minor nit--You wrote:

Belt: Goldwrap
Mainly used because there is other belt that seems to be very useful

Think you left out a "no" there.

Still haven't got gloams perfected, but I'm working on it. Another good guide :thumbsup:

Day

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm currently Baal running at the moment. Players 1 up to and including the minions and Baal at players 8.

I find Attract really useful. I have it ready to spam if I smell Gloom - usually if there is somthing near they get embroiled and I'm safe! Its also great against the minions as each pack appears Attract a couple of the pack and it takes all the heat off. Then amp and c/e raise revives and top of minions.

I tend to have summoning gear as one weapon set (a magic wand and magic head nothing elite or even rare) and my magic find top up gear (Gull and Rhyme) on switch.

I get my teleport from a gambled magic amulet Teleport charges and plus 20 resit all - I have another with plain teleport - found or gamnled I don't know. I have also gambled teleport on a criclet with (plus 2 Bone skills and resist all-not used on this character). A telelport amulet/circlet opens up some intersting gear options - particularly for those with not so good items or who can't find the Naj's item - (I got my first one on Sunday).

Of course, you can also get reasonable MF on rare boots and gloves so they are always worth a look.

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Thanks GG. ;) As far as sorcs go you can't get any better than the complete tal's set, imo. Best balance of MF, life, skills and resis out there. I use the set for each of my sorcs that runs anything.
You're right in that it's got pretty good mods. Even without the full set, you can get some nice mods (like the massive dual leech of the mask, though what Bliz genius put this on a sorcy helm, I'll never know).

I have one set of the armor, two or three of the amulets, and a zillion of everything else, but I've never actually assembled the set on a character. Why not, you ask? It's not the mods- it's the fact it's so damn ugly. Forget keeping Baal imprisoned- one look at that outfit makes it pretty obvious why the Horadrim really chained Tal Rasha to a rock and buried him in the middle of nowhere.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Thanks ;)

Yes I did. :teeth:
Tsk. Silly fishy.

Where would you be without people proofreading your guides? :p

I would do it, but I'm lazy. (That and I've got class in a couple hours :O )

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
I ain't seen any of you publish over 50 pages worth of guides so shut up... :p Nah, just kidding, I love you all ;)

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
quick question fishy:D if i do 1000 wsk+hell baal runs on players 1 and full clears and document it all am i crazy;)

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I did about 1k myself but I didn't document. I can tell you that it got me within 14 items of a selffound grail, with lots and lots of spares. And more spares. And spares. And some more spares. >_<

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
You guys are both crazy.....but I will say that your guide is about as good as it gets NF :)

lone_wolf

ehh crazy :lol: after these 1000 runs i will do 1000 hell meph runs, and after that i will do 1000 hell pit runs.

so somewhere next year i might be halfway done:clap:

of course i wont do them all at once

lone_wolf

true nightfish the meph runs will be the fastest thing to do:)

i hope to get most of the stuff he can drop too

I do 1000 pindle runs every week on average, and whats the difference between a P1 pindle run and a P8 baal run? probably wont take more than 20 seconds extra, maybe 30. :uhhuh:
And we all love you to NF, although it would be better if you were a woman, late teens, long brunette hair.