Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fishy sighting

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cauthon, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

Fishy sighting

Hey Nightfish!

I see your name in the "people viewing" area...Hope everything is going well for you. Just wanted to say thanks again for all your work in this forum over the years.

I'm currently playing my first Fishymancer, and enjoying it! Great build.

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Glad to hear you're having fun with the build. ;) I hope it'll bring you a big pile of uniques and stuff. (also isenharts cases)

I'll have to correct you on one thing, though: I wasn't here for years. ;) As I joined last august and left sometime in march (or was it february?), I wasn't even here for a single full year.

And as for me viewing the forum... Well, I still read the stories posted by K_P and Stoney. Also, I like to see when a2m posts new drawings.

Oh, and while I'm posting: How the heck did I get that one referral? :lol: I'm pretty sure I never linked anyone to this place...

Anyway, take care of yourselves, people. :)

3. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

Well, given the volume of your posts and the incredible knowledge you left behind, it feels like you were here longer! I'm amazed at how much you contributed in so short a time.

Drop by anytime, and maybe give us some updates on how RL is treating you, eh?

4. Nightfish

I think I heard a smart statement once about the brightness of a flame being inversly proportional to the duration of the flame burning... :D

As for real life... Well, it's going so-so. I'm still studying, though I've been regretting that choice for some time now. Oh well, too bad I don't have an earlier savegame I could restore... :teeth:

:wave:

5. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

just wanna say Kudos to Nightfish on this great necromancer build - figuring it out and writing it up. most enjoyable. My Fishy just finished NM at p8 and did one more MF run through of WSK 2, 3, ToD, and Baal and jumped from end of clvl 73 to 75 in one run w/o once using a purple pot or a TP scroll. Awesome, just awesome. Thanks again.

6. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Speaking of which, I've had 2 updates or so since you last posted, so boogie over to the "Darken Rahl's Succession" thread and read up.

[/end hijack]

7. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

That was also one of the last lines from Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner - great movie! He is the android leader. He said that the star that burns twice as bright burns half as long. Or something like that.

Good to see you around. If RL leaves a sour taste, you can always go back to Sanctuary and smack some baddies for stress relief.

8. Nightfish

K_P, I didn't miss the stories, of course. Though I read the second update only after posting this. :) But I do check the boards frequently for updates. After all, it is still my "start up page" as I didn't find anything to replace it so far.

Ric: Yeah, that's probably where I heard it. Though I think several movies or series used the line. It is pretty good, imo. :) As for stress relief... I'm not sure computer games are all that good for that... Usually when you're angry, nothing will work in the game, which in turn only increases the anger and you end up falling to the dark side. Which, of course, leads to you having loads of money but your complexion will look sort of funky. On the plus side, you get to shoot lightning from your fingers, which is kinda cool. Hm... The dark side... *wanders off pondering*

9. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

What about strangling from afar? Vader even strangles from a video connection! If it worked on TV, I would tell Yoda gg and start some twisted justice.

By the way, size matters!

10. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

Hey Nightfish, I was also wondering what happened to you, nice to see you're still around somewhat ;)

11. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Yeah I have heard it before it's a saying about how if a candle burns brighter then another candle that it will be use up first. One of those fuel versus energy thereoms on a practical level.

Anyways it real nice seeing you post again nightfish. :wave:

12. Nightfish

Hm, probably I quit in the short interval between your quitting and your return to the scene ;) Or you just missed my goodbye thread ...

13. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

It's been more than a month, that's not a short interval in my book! :D I tried other games, but there's nothing like d2 out there, and I have spare time now, so... ;)

14. Minor_Deity

Minor_Deity IncGamers Member

:surprise: Wow if Rag and Fishy have stopped in I guess I'm obligated to say howdy.

AND now to find that darn bar.:teeth:

15. Artemis.SkF

Artemis.SkF IncGamers Member

Hi Nightfish

Hi there! I don't think I ever got a chance to thank you for your Fishymancer guide. My only Patriarch was a direct result of studying your excellent build (he's posted on my website, if anyone cares). I'm now trying to patriarch a Berserker barb using your build, this time experimenting on bnet. Thanks for everything!

16. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

M_D, long time i saw you her epost :wave:

and good to hear that everything i ok fishy :thumbsup:

17. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

No, actually it was what Tyrell (the creator) said to Roy right before Roy killed him. "The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very brightly, Roy."

The last words speech is the 'tears in rain' one. :)