Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fishy or poison or bone or hybrid ??

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by litokrn, May 14, 2008.

1. litokrn

litokrn IncGamers Member

fishy or poison or bone or hybrid ??

so im thinking of making a necro but i cant decide which one to try
    choices are:
    fishy
    poison nova
    bone
    hybrid of something

suggestions?

2. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Re: fishy or poison or bone or hybrid ??

Depends on alot of things really. Which style interests you the most? What is the purpose of this character: PvP, PvM, MFing, ubering, etc...?

Generally, people build summoners and poison/summon hybrids for PvM and magic finding. Most people build boners for PvP. Full poison necro is good in either PvM or PvP. Really...it just depends on what style you like to play.

3. litokrn

litokrn IncGamers Member

hmm im thinking pvm/mf
    i was considering a poison/summon but i think i read somewhere that they arent really hell viable?

4. MANTICORE

MANTICORE IncGamers Member

i have a lvl99 poisonmancer , with some summons on the side..... he rocks his way through baals hordes lol..... just rem to add lower resist - to break immunities and well.... lower enemy resistance.

5. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

They are certainly hell viable. Even a poison necro without summons is hell viable...so adding skels or revives to the mix is just gravy. Great build for pvm/mfing. There's a few guides on this build floating around but basically you build a poison necro (synergies maxed) with the usual poison necro gear/charms and then either (1) max skels and then put as much in skel mastery as you can, or (2) max skel master and then 1 into point revives (Enigma is a must, of course, with Revives).

Have fun.

6. litokrn

litokrn IncGamers Member

hmm how viable is trang set for a poisonmancer?
    i read they're pretty good for fishys but iono about poison

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Trang's Set has some great bonuses for a Poisonmancer. Might not the most ideal set-up, but certainly works well.

8. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

My poison nova necro is just about the fastest legit geared Pit runner I have at the moment. He slows down a little in other acts with more poison immunes, but not enough to bug me.
    Basic build is Maxed poison skills and the rest into Raise Skeleton, or balanced between Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery. One in each curse, and go far enough into the summon tree to get revives.

Gear to shoot:
    Death's Web! This adds a huge amount of damage. Highly recommended!
    3 pieces of the Trang-Oul's set. Gloves, Belt, Shield. Easy stuff to get, and adds some punch.
    Poison facets. Stuff these into sockets when you've kind of got your gear figured out.

You'll kill non-poison immunes fast. Because of that, you'll want to bone up on a decent amount of -Enemy Poison Resistance gear which helps kill poison immunes that are broken with Lower Resist.

I also really like the summon necro/Fishymancer for MFing. He's a little slower than my Novamancer in the pits, but he's a little faster everywhere else due to the brute strength of physical damage + Amp Damage curse. He's way better at Baal runs.

Everyone should have some idea of the gear for these.
    My favorite is Homunculus + Wizardspike + Thundergod's vigor. All other gear slots can be MF flavors or +skills. Or both ;)

9. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

Poison necro is the fastest runner everywhere, along with javazon and trapsin, but he neads more expensive gear (death's web, good bramble..), and is somehow more fun to play (for me, that is. I love corpse explosion and poison nova :))

Think about a hammerdin without the need to position himself because one click kills the whole screen of monsters at once.. Nothing can hide in between the hammers and survive. That's how perfect poisonmancer works.

For those with unbreakable poison immunities, you have CE, and a strong mercenary (suggested gear: insight in eth gp, fortitude in ebugged armor, eth andy visage). Nightmare merc with might aura and the stuff described above + amplify damage curse kills nearly everything in 1-2 hits, and from there you just start corpse exploding and everything is dead).

If you can't afford great items like death's web and bramble, you can use skeletons to help you out, but if you can afford the expensive stuff, forget the minions, they will not be necessary (everything dies anyway + you are nearly immortal). Max CE instead to make booming even more fun.

I'm in the middle of making the ultimate poisonmancer, bought 2/49 death's web (couldn't get 2/50 anywhere, shame) socketed with 5-5 facet so the worst part is done. Now to get 45+ bramble and the job is done, the rest of the stuff is very cheap.

PS. he can also make uber trist runs, but it takes some skill, a lot of good gear and a lot of time since he's not the fastest there ;)

Cheers.

10. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

I have a poison/summon, he clears areas pretty fast, one nova is all it takes. But I find that he is item dependant, needs lots of +poison damage, and -enemy poison resist items. If it starts taking more than a few novas to kill regular monsters, he starts to really slow down.

I made a fishy first, as they are less critical on gear.

11. Jednowlosy

true, although he is really insane with good gear.

12. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

I made a Poisonmancer a few months ago with maxed Dim Vision, so I could blind monsters and then kill them with Nova. It worked great; my Merc and Corpse Explosion took care of the poison immunes. I used Trang's set because it's cheap and looks nice, and had Blackbog's Sharp as a weapon.

But a Fishy is also great, and possibly the nicest way to start making necros.

Stay away from bone skills in PvM though, at least until you have somewhat decent gear.

13. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

I agree, without a decent amount of +skill items, the damage is kind of low. They do ok with good gear, but I still think the fishy and poison/summon are better PvM though.

14. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Trang gloves+shield+belt probably gives you what you need from the set (+skill damage and -enemy resist) with minimal losses (only losing +2 skills from shield unless you have a +3 P&B +3 PN shield in which case you lose 4 but it's probably still worth it for the -resist). That is, if you intend to kill things with nova, not summons.

15. Jednowlosy

trang belt+shield+gloves is the best combo damage wise. -25% poison resists is extremely good. Beats what homunculus + arach has to offer imho.