Firsttimer with some quick questions about making high lvl items.

Bllizz

Diabloii.Net Member
Firsttimer with some quick questions about making high lvl items.

Im am working my way up to the higher lvls finally and I been thinking about spending the time to actually make some of the best gear and want to make sure I know what Im doing first off I want to make enigma armor and this is what I know so far.

Need: 3 socket armor thats grey or white.
need: Jah, Ith, and Ber runes

so far I have read a few different ways of hows it made. and I have even heard you can use a 4 socket armor.

So I need to know if I just toss the items into my cube or do I put the gems into the armor while in the cube, or that the cube isnt even needed to make.

Also I have heard you put the gems in alpha order into the armor but I also saw someone saying you put it in the order I listed them above.

Last question is about making a Call To Arms to a weapon, is it made the same way as I would make enimga (thats once I know the correct way) ? and I take it, I will need a 5 socket white or grey weapon and add these runes Amn + Ral + Mal + Ist +Ohm ? and once again is this correct order or alpha order.

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions I greatly appreciate any and all assistance.

Bllizz

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Firsttimer with some quick questions about making high lvl items.

You need a 3-socket armor that is grey, yes. Runewords do NOT work in magical (blue), rare (yellow), set (green) or unique (gold) items. A runeword will also NOT work in an item with more sockets than the runeword requires. Trying to make Enigma in a 4-socket armor will only cause you to lose valuable runes.

(white items are always unsocketed, but you can use the cube [random number] or Larzuk's quest reward [maximum number] to add sockets to them)

Once you have your armor and your runes, you need to place the runes in the armor in the listed order. For Enigma, that is first Jah, then Ith, then Ber. You do not need the cube to make runewords.

Be aware that HRs (such as Jah, Ber, Ist, and Ohm) that are traded on Battle.Net are often dupes and can poof on you.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

Read this

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

That has everything you need to know to make all the runewords.

There is one more thing that is good to know. When you make an engima, you'll notice that it adds a lot of defense, not enhanced defense, just +defense. Also, you might want to swap it out among a few different characters. Because of that, you should probably make it in an armor with a low strength requirement. A lot of people make them in a breast plate, mage plate, archon plate or duskshroud. I like the way scarab husks look, so that's what I used for mine last ladder.

Any elite or exceptional armor you find will get 4 sockets from Larzuk, but for normal armor, it depends on where you get it. If you want an elite armor, you will have to find one with 3 sockets in it, or use the horadric cube recipe "1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type" to get 3 sockets. This only gives a 1/6 chance of getting 3 socs however, so it may take several tries. If you want to use a breast plate, look for it in the first three acts of normal difficulty (not cows though). You could larzuk a 0os one, but that would be a waste of a socket quest, just keep looking and you'll find one soon enough. Act 3 is the best place to find them.

Last edited:

carnivore

Diabloii.Net Member

no offense, but you should play and learn the game first and worry about high-end stuff later.

i also wonder where you are planning to get your jah, ber and ohm from. this might be a little more difficult than you think, at least at the moment on ladder.

Bllizz

Diabloii.Net Member

carnivore,

My necro is closing in on 72 atm and I have a paladin thats a little lower than that one. As for the runes I have saved every rune so far and been upgrading them as I go to get up to the higher lvl ones which I believe (dont quote me Im at work not in game atm) that Im 3 combines away from the first one or somewhere near that. So I just wanted to get all the information I could now because so far my necro is a MF summon and he pretty much walks thourgh the lvls except for a few parts, where I recruit the help of 2 friends (druid and Barb that are about same lvl).

As for the armor I was thinking of using I think it was called Wyrmhide ? maybe, not sure because I dont have the actual engima chart in front of me. I do know that certain was are better than other as in more def vs str I just know I have alot of work still ahead of me but I dont want to screw it up by not knowing everything I can.

Thanks again and thanks for any and all advice,

Bllizz

Garisdacar

Diabloii.Net Member

your best bet is just to make it in a Mage Plate. they still get 3 sockets from larzuk, have up to 25x defense, and only require a little bit of extra str (usually what you get from anni/torch or a good ring/amulet combo). the low str req + the str/lvl mod means you can use it on many different characters over the course of your playing time.