Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First Time PVP with my 1.10 Pally

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by assmuffin, Mar 5, 2004.

1. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

First Time PVP with my 1.10 Pally

So I recently acquired a ethereal Razor's Edge Tomahawk and Zod'ed it. I figured that it probably is a great PVP weapon. Well I entered a game to put it to the test, and I hit the other Pally a couple times, his life barely budged. I died in two hits. Looks like I need a hand to make my pally into PVP material, so here's my setup.

Vamp Gaze 8/8/16
    Stone Archon with 2047 def
    Herald of Zakarum with a PDiamond, 200% ED
    Gore Riders, 198% ED
    Ethereal Verdungo's with 123% ED, and 13% DR
    Dracul's Grasp with 9 LL, and 10 Str
    Carrion Wind Ring
    Raven Frost Ring
    Highlord's Wraith Ammy
    Ethereal Zod'd Razor's Edge

247 Str (I was using a Schaeffer's Hammer and Templar's Might, reason for high Str)
    127 Dex
    280 Vit

1139 Life and 75 all resists or 80 in Lightning if I wear T-Gods. 21374 Def with Holy Shield on. I have Fanaticism maxed, Zeal maxed, Holy Shield maxed, Sacrifice maxed, and I am building Defiance now for the added def in Holy Shield.

I am thinking that I should try to get a CTA but those runes are hard to get, I tried trading for them for a week and then I gave up. Also, I can get about 250 more life if I restart my Pally and only put about 80 or so in Str, which, with +Str items I will be able to use the above equipment. Thanks for your help.

2. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

How much attack rating do you have? My guess is that you have overpumped your strength when those points could have gone to dex or vit... When you attacked him, did he go into a hit recovery animation? Maybe due to your low AR, you missed your attacks and he blocks even if you hit him.

3. assmuffin

My AR is only about 5k considering there's no added bonus to ar from Razor's Edge, but there is -33% target defense which helps. I know that the points in str could have been used for dex or vit but there's no way to change that unless I restart him, he's ** and I've been workin on him since 1.10 came out.

EDIT: Just wanted to reiterate the fact that my stregth is that high because of the items I had to use, this is non-ladder so I figured I'd just use the Schaeffer's because I had one, and I found the Templar's Might, so that's why it's even higher.

4. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Youll get eaten alive with only 5k AR. Try using Angelic ammy/2xrings, that will give you a massive AR boost, it gave my zealot almost 10K. And if you have a demon limb laying around, enchant yourself before you go duel, that will add another 3-5k to your AR.

Boosting your AR should help alot, and that Razor is a damn fine zealot weapon indeed.

MajorB

5. assmuffin

Yea, I found an Angelic Ring and decided to hang onto it but I haven't been able to find an ammy yet. Okay, so if I improve my AR then I'll be able to hit more. But I still guess I have to restart in order to get that extra life considering there's Pallies running around with BOTD and CTA with like 2k life.

6. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Yeah, unfortunately, unless you can match their equipment, the botd, cta, exile guys will probably slap you around pretty good.

MajorB

7. wake_n_B@ke

[email protected] IncGamers Member

i hate to say it but building a good melee pally is the most expensive character in the game, but there are alternatives to being unable to get the godly garb

FOr example:

first off i would go with a Deadly strike (DS) setup

Guillaumes
    valor
    gore riders
    draculs
    SS
    verdungos
    the razor (which its good that you have an ethereal one)
    and as many life charms as you can get or, if possible, 3/20/20s

try to get 40/15 ias jewels if you can or at least 40 ed jewels to compromise damage, but overall, the DS setup is a cheap and effective way to go, but for this setup it is critical to max the defiance synergy before sacrifice to assure the most defense you can possibly have because you will be limited without exile as your shield. Also, keep a hand of blessed light and zak on your switch weapons to assure max defense

Good luck bro.

8. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

#1 i bet you maxed Sacrifice.

#2 you ar needs to be alot higher

#3 the only way a Eth Razor can compete is if its 200+ed

#4 Maxing synergies isn't always the best idea.

What do i mean?

well lets take zeal for example. Zeal. looks good on paper with its massive damage thx to sacrifce. But wait!!! this isn't .09, there is no eth bug to carry you through.

Thus y maxing sacrifice is plain ol dumb. Zealots need Ar / Defense to do pvp effectivly. Not insane damage.

I can wager money on a battle between a 40k damage zealot with 8 k ar and a 10k damage zealot with 25k ar. I will place my wager with the 25k ar. :thumbsup:

If the 25k ar zealot is made right it would never get hit and leave its opponent in the dust. ALmost every hit would connect.

nowthose numbers arn't real. But that 25k ar isn't that far fetched.

I believe by good buddy chris's zealot had near that.

Instead of trying to get "uber damage" aim for "uber ar / defense" to balance you more..

20 Zeal (adds ar +damage)
    20 Fant (no brainer)
    20 HOlyshield ( defense , blocking , o yea, and defense)

now up until that point its standard. But here is the killer. im not gonna recommend maxing sacrifice.

20 Blesed Aim (adds passive ar bonus 5% per lvl = 100% more ar. :thumbsup: )
    20 Defiance ( passive to holyshield, adds defense, you won't take as much damage or get hit as much :thumbsup: )

(assuming you wish to get to lvl 95+)

So ar is quite important.

9. Kirby Hunter

Kirby Hunter IncGamers Member

hey lovely
    whats more important
    blessed aim or holy shield?(Im gonna lvl to about 85~)
    i mean
    5% ar
    vs 15% [email protected]@

10. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

That all depends on how much defense you have now or how much ar you have.

5% isn't alot but when you max it, it does help.

If you feel your ar is fine then go ahead put pts into Defiance.