Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First time playing single player from battle.net

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by haffy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. haffy

haffy IncGamers Member

First time playing single player from battle.net

Havn't played Diablo in a while and wanted to play through the game properly and was hoping for some advice. This is also my first time playing single player so was hoping for some answers to these questions.

Which patch is in your opinion the most fun to play? I've only played 1.10+ so would like to try something new.

Is there any mods for single player I can use that make the gameplay more fun? Not intresed in map hacks or anything, just something that could be fun.

Also is there any useful things I should know about the switch from battle.net? I know about the /player 8 command but thats about it.

2. tavaritz

tavaritz Banned

Re: First time playing single player from battle.net

Read the stickies. Most of your questions are answered there.

What comes to the version then each has their own. You will find persons who vouch for which ever version.

3. Smips

Smips IncGamers Member

If you're looking for a different style of play, 1.09 and prior is radically different than today's D2. The number one change is that 1.10 added synergies. Prior to that, there were no synergies and many spells scaled up enough to be powerful enough to take on Hell with only a 20 point investment. This allowed you to make characters that could effectively take on any monster (ie: 3 element sorc).

If you're looking for mods, the accepted ones here are Median, Hell Unleashed, and Eastern Sun. I've play Eastern Sun and Median and both were pretty fun. It was a little tough to keep at it though since I had so much wealth in D2 at the time. It was like starting from scratch so I found it a little less exciting. However, they are fun games and worth checking out if you are interested. Also, there is the Runeword Mod(RWM) and two rune coloring mods(RRM and CRM) to enhance SP play that we accept here as well.

Lastly, just know that there is no DClone and there are no Ubers. Also, without the RWM, you can't make the ladder-only runewords. I think the higher cube-up recipes for runes and weapons/armor might be SP/Ladder only as well.

If there are more questions, feel free to ask or browse the stickies. You can find much more detailed information on what I've talked about there. Welcome to the SPF :)

4. Hoop76

Hoop76 IncGamers Member

Not sure what kind of mods you mean, but if you want to play something alot different with alot of new items and skills the Median mod is great. You can find alot of info about that if you search.

NVM i was a minute to late. But it is still worth mentioning twice

5. haffy

haffy IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll give 1.09 a shot since I didn't get a chance to play it. Wasn't really sure what I wanted with mods. Was just woundering if there was a mod that wasn't considered cheating but made the game more enjoyable to play like in other single player games. So I'll check the mods mentioned.

6. ScionOfStorm

ScionOfStorm IncGamers Member

Make it thrice.

If you don't want to play LoD, Median is the way to go. Otherwise, DII can be fun no matter what version, don't we know it since we've been playing it for such a long time :D

7. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

I'd suggest firing up 1.09 to check out the bugs/imbalances (lightning hose rogue merc, piercing GA Buriza Zon, etc.) and to do some builds not viable in 1.10+. Get a character to 99, grab some items that get a nice bonus in conversion, etc.

But I'm kinda stuck on 1.09 myself, so I'm not completely unbiased. :whistling:

8. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

If you are going to a previous version, I would start with 1.07. It is harder, but it has items that are unattainable in any other version. 1.09 has no such useful items (raven claw is the same in .07, so no advantage). And if you want bugs, 1.07 is where its at!

A few examples:

Max damage charms with +6 dmg per inventory slot are very easy to acquire, I can't wait to finally move a stack of these forward to help out some fun weapons that lack top damage.

Magical items can get up to 4 sockets from Larzuk. My shield for all three of my characters has been a +87 resist all tower shield. It is too bad the deflecting suffix lacks fbr. A "Cruel Hydra Blow of Amp Damage" could very well be the 2nd best bow behind Faith.

Crafted items can get up to 3 sockets. I haven't used this yet as I am waiting to level more before I start crafting, but I am planning to craft a "Cruel Hydra Blow of Amp Damage" because crafts could get magic only affixes.

If you want to be unique, do 1.08. They can get the great uniques from 1.07, and actually drop from killing monsters! I can't think of one person who has played there on this forum, as the magic find is said to be broken.

9. haffy

haffy IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice on the older versions but I ended up playing 1.13 because I couldn't figure out how to get older versions working lol. I downloaded diablo from the blizzard website if that makes any differance. Also sorry about the bump but had a few more questions.

I just made a trader profile yesterday but I have to wait a week before I trade? Is there any way around this? Also I read this in the FAQ.

Probation Items

It is STRONGLY recommended that you do not trade these items with NTPP traders. Many thanks to Neksja for that page, a text list is below.

Uniques: Any item with a TC level of 84 or higher
    Sets: Any item with a TC level of 84 or higher
    Jewellery: SoJ, BKWB, Metalgrid, Tals Amulet, Serephs Hymn, Highlords, Mara's
    Runes: io and above (i for indigo not l for left) or any item upgraded using one of these runes.
    Jewels:
    Any combination of these affixes: Scintillating/Ruby (Enhanced Damage - Fire Resist is ok) with Fervor/Freedom/Carnage/Bliss
    Rare jewels with the modifiers given by the affix/prefixes above. It is best to check with a Mod if you are unsure
    Perfect Facets
    Charms:
    Skillers
    Any combination of these affixes is banned: Prefixes: Shimmering/Fine/Sharp with the Suffixes: Balance/Inertia/Sustenance/Vita

Anyway I found these skillers.

Chilling Grand Charm of Balance
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 42
    Fingerprint: 0xfdafd8f3
    Item Level: 80
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
    +12% Faster Hit Recovery

Sparking Grand Charm of Sustenance
    Grand Charm
    Required Level: 53
    Fingerprint: 0x36422b39
    Item Level: 75
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
    +33 to Life

Am I able to trade these? Or am I to new to single player to be trusted? I've been using the cold skiller but since I only use my sorc for memphisto it isn't that useful to me and the lightening skiller is completely useless for me.

Also how do you actually trade over single player?

10. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

You posted your start 11 days ago, and you've got two really nice charms there. If I was to trade with you, I'd certainly like to know how you played to accomplish that. It's not unheard of to rush a character through the game and to have some really good luck, but usually people don't start trading until they've gotten to know people.

If you have used any short-cuts in finding items, all we ask is that you let people who you trade with know that you did.

11. haffy

haffy IncGamers Member

Yeah I can understand that these can look cheated in some way but I have had a lot of time off after spraining my ankle since I can't work play sports jog or do the things I would usually be doing. I'm also having surgery on my arm next week so thats even more free time.

I've made a level 80 sorc so far that's actually equipped quite nicely with spirit sword/shield, skullders, tarnhelm sallet which I upped. tal rasha belt, raven frost ring/nigel ring and a +1 sorc amu. (also just got a andy visage but not level 83 yet)

I've also a level 79 necro and a 65 assassin.

So far from hellforge I've got 2 fals one from nightmare one from hell not sure what I got for my other nightmare hellforge.

one gul from a ghoul in catacombs 4 which I took a screenshot of.

I've had 5 skillers so far one assassin martial arts, 1 plain cold skiller, 1 summoning skiller and the two I posted.

The two skillers I posted the cold one was from trying to do LK runs for runes but I gave up and the lightening from memphisto.

I'll post the screen shot soon of the gul and my durance level 3 map which is letting me run memphisto in about a minute and a half.

*edit

heres the screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  12. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I have responded to your PM of yesterday, haffy. I really think you need to review the rules on Probation though. :)

Welcome.

13. haffy

haffy IncGamers Member

Ahh sorry I think I read over the rules too fast. I thought since I was new to this section of the forum I would be on probation still. Sorry for being a pain with all this but I've been quite keen on trading these charms because they're pretty useless to me otherwise.