Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First Time Out

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Remnon, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Remnon

Remnon IncGamers Member

First Time Out

Hello, peoples. I just thought I'd introduce myself before I start asking the Noob questions. Now I've been playing LOD off and on for a year or two now, but I've never been too serious about it as I had a pretty unstable Dial-up connection. However, I have recently upgraded to a cable modem, I thought I'd start all over again. Now in the past I've had moderate success with a free-hand skill builds for a Sorceress, Barbarian, and a Paladin, but I'd always get stuck in Nightmare Act 2.

I was thinking that I'd like to start fresh with a Barbarian. That being said, I have seen many build labeled for advanced players, but I haven't seen anything recommended for beginners. So I ask: What would be a good starting barbarian build?

I apologize for rambling, and also if this dosen't belong in this particular forum. I'm pretty new at forums, too.

2. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

Firstly, welcome to the forum of madness :thumbsup:
    Second, you may receive more help for your barbarian builds if you post in the barbarian forum.

3. Remnon

Remnon IncGamers Member

Ah, of course. Thank you kindly.

4. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver IncGamers Member

Generally I think barb builds are going to be item dependant, and/or require much skill to play well. Look for builds that are easier to play "naked" like Summoner necro, or meteorb sorc. If you have unsuccessfully tried to allot your skill points "freehand" on a sorc or other chars, you will be amazed at how much easier a sorc is to play in NM and Hell once you follow a build and target the skill point allotment more directly to the skills that matter for a successful build. Once you are working on a known solid build, then any items you find or trade for become sweet gravy... mmm gravy.