Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First time in NM Act 5 in 1.10...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Naraka, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

First time in NM Act 5 in 1.10...

... and MAN! Blizz sure toughened up the place. I thought the 'guest' monsters didn't show up til Hell, boy was I wrong. Dodging those stupid skeleton archers, the lance throwing lion boys, and then the stupid Sirens in the Crystalline Passage... with their stupid Red Balls of Instant Death (tm)... worse than the doom knight mages with their Colorful Globs of Near-Instant Death... man!!!

Got far enough to open Pindle's Portal, and I'm just going to sit and run him for about 10 levels or so and then think about moving on.....

And this is just nightmare? What could Hell Act 5 possibly be like?

Funny thing is, I was cruising NM in players 8 all the way thru act 3. Got to act 4, my merc and I started getting stomped left and right.... kept trying and trying, finally decided to just drop it to players 1 and race thru to the 'easier' act 5 for better exp and better items... man was i wrong.....

But now i'm running pindle at players 3, it's taking roughly 5-7 runs a level, and I'm not finding any real good stuff... granted I only have around 68% MF, and merc has none, I did come across an exceptional assassin claws, as well as the IK gloves i think, i can't remember at the moment. Other than that, mostly useless stuff. A few decent mid-level rares I plan to put on my other chars, and a few decent items I'm thinking of runewording...

But wow Act 5 NM got hard.... 8(

Naraka

2. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

Lance throwing cat warriors uh? These 7 foot poles hurt a lot dont they? ;)

And yes, it indeed got lots harder, and plenty more fun because of it.. Making the game more "testing" was certainly the best they did in the patch! hurray!

:wave:

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

My HC CB sorc is in A4NM now and I can't wait to experience what you are talking about.

Seriously . . . I don't think I'll make it there with her. :teeth:

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Yes, it is harder. It is much more fun too. Act 5 in 1.09 was a joke, it was easier than act 4 and you got much more exp there. It is better now :drink:

5. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Yes, it gets decidedly more difficult in ACT V NM. You really have to have some strategy because the mix of ranged attackers increases dramatically. That's why most of the 1.09 builds foregoing shields (and blocking) had to be dropped or re-designed in 1.10. Blocking is very important now....

If you're looking for goodies, you should spend more time with NM Mephisto. I think his drops are better than NM Pindle.

Also, you could head on to NM Baal. His drops can be quite good, though you'll spend a lot more time getting to him.

6. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

What could Hell Act 5 possibly be like?

it's the same like nightmare but with resist. and uniques have 2 resists.

you can have closed monster immune to you're first attack and ranged immune to you're second.

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

sure, you get guest monsters in a5 nm, but in hell you get quill rats and fallen! unfortuantly they are about 100 times tougher than there normal brothers (makes you wonder why they dont all wp back to act 1 where they'd realy screw you up)

8. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Welcome to the new-and-improved Act 5. Yes it is VERY tough at times, but just keep your resistances up you'll be fine.

Oblivion and Doom Knights anyone? Doom is FI, ON is CI. NOT fun for a met/orb sorc.

crg

9. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

Yeah... NM mephy is hard enough... well he himself isn't, it's the damned blood lords spamming meteor and firewall at me, not to mention the council members harassing us.... luckily my merc gets over 5k def and all 4 75% resists in nm currently, he can take quite a beating. But I still have a tough time getting there.

NM Baal? You kidding? I'm getting trounced by the 'regular' mobs, Baal would wipe the floor with me!

NM Diablo was hard enough, even on players 1. I tele'd in close, my merc tanked a bit, luckily Big D was kind enough to limit himself to just taking punches at my Merc while I static'ed him down... then he let loose with his lightning hose, got my Merc, so I tele'd away, went back to town and revived.... came back, and teleported around trying to get him to follow me into that little corner right above his star. I managed to get him parked there, my merc unfortunately decided to try to be brave and melee him, and got wiped pretty quickly... i just sat back and spammed FO's until he went down. I feel really cheap, but I just wanted to get out of act 4 and into the riches and experience that I thought awaited me in Act 5...

Man what a wake up call that was! Let me go back to act 4! :)

Nar

10. Amiron

Amiron IncGamers Member

Its true that the game is alot harder now, than it was before, so now you actually in some cases have to use some tactics (mostly against bosses) before you can take 'em down. One tactic that almost works everytime is the good old hit and run tactic.. :thumbsup:

11. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Nah, Baal's not the guy you have to worry about. It's the gloams (don't know if those only appear in hell...) and his minions that you have to worry about. Once they're dead, Baal's not all that hard.

12. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Nope, they're in Nightmare, too. And just as much of PITA.

Here's to hoping Blizz fixes that damage bug sometime in my lifetime.

13. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Yeah it gets alot harder and it's much more fun aswell it feels better when you beat the game if it's a tough game. The only thing that was scary in 1.09 was the hell ancient which could really hurt you bad.

DX

14. spiral55

Or not having the best gear. I NEVER beat the game in 1.09 because it was so gear-dependent. The game was too easy only for those with the best gear and/or excellent playing skills. The poorer and less gifted among us struggled with it tremendously.

15. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

Yeah. I've only had one character make it into Hell, and she was heavily twinked by bnetizens..... she couldn't handle Big D, Meph, Baal all by herself and always needed help. I tell ya though, playing single player I think has really helped me be a better player as I'm forced to solo everyone and not allow my self to have any assistance...

I'm not sure if the build I've got going now is going to make it to Hell... but she's only lvl 68 right now, so she's got some room to grow before I'll think about advancing her any further. Act 5 NM pindle is just fine for now, decent items can be had from him, Meph, council, countess, and other superunique's....

16. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Ah ... nothing like the fresh smell of getting pwned by quill rats in the morning once you step out of the Rogue Encampment. :D I was in for a nasty shock once I first reached A1 Hell. !!

--T

17. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

So was i... Always considered poison resistance useless... Then one happy sunny morning just outside camp my health dropped from 9xx to 1 in few secs.. sweet morning that was :D I liked it :uhhuh:

18. Wolfgang Abenteuer

Wolfgang Abenteuer IncGamers Member

...Which is precisely why I'm back in 1.09. ;) IMO 1.10 is also gear-dependant, even moreso than 1.09, because enemies are 10x harder than before. The synergies don't even come close to making up the difference in power, either. I had a frenzy barb in 1.10 that had really no problems until Act V NM, when I came upon a retinue of Burning Dead Archers. Nasty. I had 90% Fire resist, too, and they still made me squirm. Got through most of Act V fine, and had a little trouble with the Oblivion Knights in Baal's area, but other than that I just cruised through it, usually on players 5-8. Then came Hell. Once I reached Hell, my weapons didn't do enough damage to kill anything well - and this was with a couple of decent %ED Executioner Swords as well, and later a King's Grace Legend Sword - and my merc would die in 2-3 hits, so he was no good, either. I just didn't care for the 1.10 experience (yes, I'm a wuss, but I like actually being able to WIN a game instead of having it hand me my head on a plate :teeth: ) so it was back to 1.09 for me!

'Sides, there are still a LOT of things for me to do in 1.09. One day I'll go back to 1.10 (and hopefully the FE and Gloam bugs will be gone by then), but for now I'm happy in 1.09. :)

~Wolfgang

19. spiral55

Hehehe. Well, each patch has made the game more and more gear-dependent, so I thought it went without saying that 1.10 is more gear-dependent than 1.09.

I hate to sound like I don't like 1.10, because in some ways it's better suited to my abilities, and one of my two favorite classes is much stronger thanks to the synergies (paladins are now just plain awesome). I'm finding it just as fun as 1.09. I just had to point out that 1.09 wasn't as easy as a lot of people like to make it out to be. :D

20. Wolfgang Abenteuer

Wolfgang Abenteuer IncGamers Member

True that. :) 1.09 has given me PLENTY of challenges in itself and I only started using ATMA recently (as in less than one week...all I've done thus far is started an MF Sorc to gather gear for the rest of my soon-to-be-characters), meaning no twinking, making 1.09 quite difficult, especially for the more gear-dependant characters like Pallies. It seems to me that 1.10 is more focused on the MP aspect of the game, and less on SP, because the amount of great equipment that's almost necessary would pretty much have to be traded for, if you couldn't self-mule. *shrugs*

~Wolfgang