First SP Guardian (hopefully) - any hints?

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member
First SP Guardian (hopefully) - any hints?

Hey guys,

as the ladder reset soon is here and to actually do this solo for once I've decided to make an untwinked zerker barb. I hopefully will be able to complete all diff's.. Need to try to get those mods workin' (I can't make 'em work..).

Any tips or ideas for this? I don't really need stats and skills help as I like to figure such things myself - and I'm not completely n00b (I think) :crazyeyes:

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Re: First SP Guardian (hopefully) - any hints?

Which mod?

EDIT: Downloads, and guides in the first post of the Sticky. Please use that for mod/muling questions.

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

Barbarians should be doable, due to very good warcry skills.
Remember that use of besrserk renders your defense 0, and plan accordingly.

A good option is warcry to stun your enemies, and then pick them off one by one. Howl is also going to be useful to sink some points into, and taunt always gets 1. Probably one of the most important barbarian skills, taunt.

If you are familiar with diablo and barbs, there's little useful to say. Max BO, max warcry, max your chosen weapon's mastery and sink points in berserk. Forget about synergizing it with shout, a ridiculous synergy as far as I'm concerned, since shout is useless for a single player zerker. Howl on the other hand is a good alternative, as the skill is quite useful on its own :p

Choose your weapon of choice wisely. I think axes are quite good, + you can make blood item crafted axes... There is a good zerker guide out there though, peruse it for any infor you might need

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

I will wait with mastery ti'll I find a nice stick or something to build around.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

Any tips for what? The mod help, or the barb?

If mod: Read the stickies - there are installation guides someone in the stickies (possibly still linked to in Thyiad's signature?) If you have followed these perfectly, post pictures relating to your shortcut and folder structure. That would help us identify the issue.

If Barb: You know the build you'd like to make, so have a look at ther 'zerker barbs in the SPF Pat/Mat/Guard thread (stickies.) They should give tips, dangers etc others have experienced, and an overall layout of the barb. Being untwinked, just keep upgrading items when you find something better (especially weapon,) and look out for damage, resists, life leach, CB and DS.

GL with the zerker.

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

Any tips for what? The mod help, or the barb?

If mod: Read the stickies - there are installation guides someone in the stickies (possibly still linked to in Thyiad's signature?) If you have followed these perfectly, post pictures relating to your shortcut and folder structure. That would help us identify the issue.

If Barb: You know the build you'd like to make, so have a look at ther 'zerker barbs in the SPF Pat/Mat/Guard thread (stickies.) They should give tips, dangers etc others have experienced, and an overall layout of the barb. Being untwinked, just keep upgrading items when you find something better (especially weapon,) and look out for damage, resists, life leach, CB and DS.

GL with the zerker.
I won't bother with the runeword mods and such until I actually have a need for 'em.... and I will not search for leech - zerk is unleachable. :)

I'm now soon 17 and I just found jail wp.. I can't wait ti'll NM - then the real fun starts!

[OT]: Btw, how do people get all these dupewords in single player? Since there are no dupers here nor in these forums (I hope) these should not be THAT easy to find. I see most of the Pat/mat threads are full of CtA's/Enigma/HotO's etc.. I don't really wanna believe that they do use some kinda editor but, please tell me - do you find all of them yourselves?

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

Don't underestimate life leach. I may be different because I'm HC, but I know if you have no mana while zerking, you use a normal attack. I would still look for leach if I made a zerker (although it would be a lower priority,) but that's due to HC's one chance.

Here, they aren't dupe words. Here, they're runewords. And I'm willing to bet that "most" of the pat/mats don't use those items (minus the CtA's, cos they're all around cool, and the first 'high' runeword most people even consider.) Some of the longer timers here have played enough SP to have found a few higher runes. And I mean many years (on and off,) so they may have some, but most people don't. Plus, CtA and HotO aren't actually all that expensive compared to some others. If they do get one of the RW's, most people will use it on all their characters.

I myself have made over 10 guardians, and I still haven't seen above a ~Gul (although I can cube up slightly higher.) Other's have made even more mat/pats, whilst others run LK, cows etc and hope to get a lucky drop.