Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First SP Char--Seeking wisdom

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AjustinMyJonson, Jun 14, 2005.

1. AjustinMyJonson

AjustinMyJonson Diabloii.Net Member

First SP Char--Seeking wisdom

Hey all, just started my first single player character ever, and i gotta say, its pretty sweet (too bad im on a mac, so no atma for me). As a result every character i make will be completely untwinked, and i just had a question.
    I have a level 24 summoner necro currently dominating p8 arcane, and i started thinking ahead, and i realized that an untwinkted, summoner necro could have a real tough time killing duriel. Am i right? Any suggestions/tips? Thanks.

2. ahcw

ahcw Diabloii.Net Member

There is no greater untwinked character than a skellymancer. As long as you have decrep and a clay golem, duriel will be toast :)

On a side note, welcome to the SPF :cool:

3. Shakes

Shakes Diabloii.Net Member

Duriel is pretty easy. Decrepify, clay golem and a cold skelly mage if you have one and he'll be so slow you should take minimal losses. Diablo is much more of a threat, since he does big AoE damage and is hence far more likely to take out all of your minions.

4. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

matter of fact, the only hard fight you may find on your way, is Normal Diablo. You may try few times, until you can group your troops around him. Once you army is in position, and you keep him decrp, and slowed by CG, diablo want down easy. how to get there can be a problem.

5. robdylan

robdylan Diabloii.Net Member

Speaking of which, why is it that Oblivion Knights seem to be immune to Dim Vision/Attract? Doesn't seem fair to me.

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Duriel is ok if you keep him decreped i find. I agree with others, if you go Fishy, normal diablo is the biggest danger. His pink lightning attack can kill a fully healthy skele in normal in about a second, so just make sure theres plenty of bodies in the RoF that you can go summon if you need them. Decrep him (as you should with all act bosses) and hope for the best.
    For other characters to consider, blizzard or meteorb sorcs can be very strong in hell untwinked, hammerdins for the high damage, and trappers for the safety and the fun only bolts of lightning can provide.

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

But you can use attract on Doom knight, and remember using CE.

The problem with diablo is he can kill your army before they get in postion.

8. robdylan

robdylan Diabloii.Net Member

I had a hell of a time killing NM diablo, 'cause he took out my entire army. I eventually managed to kill him him by slowing him down to a standstill (CG and decrep) and getting him to try hit me while my merc attacked him from behind (ooo-er)

My Trang's fireball's helped very little, but better than whatever physical damage I could do with my Ume's.

On another note, how long does the game keep corpses lying around? Seems everytime I go back through an area I've already cleared, the corpses are all gone.

9. water_moon

water_moon Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome, I'm sure I'd have rememebed that nick so I know you havn't gotten cookies yet. Meanwhile your 'tar is down, reload it, please.

10. essojay

essojay Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the forums!

In any case, like the others said, for untwinked play, a summoner was a good choice.

Slow Duriel down as much as possible and you should beat him down handily. :thumbsup:

11. AjustinMyJonson

AjustinMyJonson Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks a lot fellas, turns out i didnt even need decrep (i actually didnt have it yet) but i amped duriel and let my skeles and merc go at him. I got lucky cause he went after my golem first, and couldnt seem to hit him, meanwhile the skeles and Vikyhat are tearing him to pieces. He went down like i hit him with a sock full of pennies, and i only lost 4 skeles. Thanks for the help. (I have decrep now by the way, stupid prerequisites)

12. Shakes

Shakes Diabloii.Net Member

No idea, but I usually just go back to Act 1 cold plains WP and grab a few if Diablo is giving me grief.