Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FIRST sp Build Help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Hacker24, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

FIRST sp Build Help

I just got a new computer in my room, and it won't have the internet for about 1-2 months. So, i figured i would start a SP char. It doesn't have the internet and i will be totally untwinked. I was just wondering what you guys thought would be the best build for me.
    PS
    I hate summoner necros. I find them horribly boring. Same goes for any type of sorc, (I use em, but only for mf) or druid. Also, i want to try a javazon, but i don't think i can get by with such terrible gear. I heard that Trapsins were nice, and i might look into that. BTW, my goal is just to become a patriarch, and maybe do some pit runs in hell.

2. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I really like the TS/DTail assassin. It's fast, furious, and exciting. :)

3. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Actually, Javazons are quite good to play untwinked. If you're focusing on the lightning skills, they all do flat amounts of damage regardless of weapon, so you don't need an uber weapon, and they can be reasonably resilient without uber armour, just shop & gamble for good stuff (resists, +life, +block% on a shield) and put some points into dodge/avoid/evade, and you'll be quite hard to kill.

I made a Javazon for the SP HC tourney (so she was totally untwinked) and am up to Act 1 Nightmare.. and this was my first ever HC character!

I'd definitely recommend that.

But trapassins are also good for not being too equipment dependent.

4. Wraithswind

Wraithswind IncGamers Member

Personally, I'd do a hybrid with an Amazon. Lightning Fury, Valkyrie, and either Freezing Arrow, Immolation Arrow, or Strafe. Lightning Fury does awesome damage, but Hell will play smoother if you have another way to deal damage besides lightning.

5. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Good call. Also, that way, if he should have the good fortune to find a top class bow, he can lean more towards the bow side of things and have the lightning fury become the backup.

6. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

If go for a trapsin, would i be able to handle hell with fb instead od DS? i was just wondering because I want to be able to do great dmg, but i doubt that light immunes will be mixed with nonlight immunes in hell for DS to work well.

7. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

If you just want a patriarch and do the runs in hell, I'd suggest a hammerdin as that's the most powerful character build there is, and it's also the second easiest build there is, easiest being the skellymancer/fishymancer.

Only thing that might be difficult when playing a hammerdin is the first 30 levels when you can't spam hammers that much (shouldn't be that big problem) and the actual aiming of them, which should only take time to learn.

8. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

FB will handle hell for you considering any points you put in your other traps will synergize it's damage. It's actually becoming the skill of choice for pure trapsins to use against lightning immunes. There are a few encounters that will be very tough for trapsins. One is the council in hell. In those situations, don't forget you also have CoS to help separate them and MB to stun them. Take them one or two at a time and use MB to pin them against an obstacle while your merc and shadow kill them.

If you follow the link in Borlag's sig, you'll come across a guide or two for the builds than have been mentioned so far. Some good reading there imo.

jrichard

9. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Try a Charged Strike Zon. A CsZon is lots of fun and can hold her own even untwinked. Cs owns boss even without tremendous gear. Or try a Freezing arrow lightning fury and chragedstrike amazon. Both happen to be my favourite build. Nice raw lightning damage that only gets higher with decent gear.

I do have a guide on a CsZon but the second version is yet to be out yet. Working on the leveling guide. It have small untwinked guide and hold many suggestions to cheaper gear. If you want try searching this forum for CsZon or Hybridzon. Many things are gonna be included in the next version like comparisons made to powerstrike and more equipment variety and not to mention the leveling guide.

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

DS goes to 11 shots with FB maxed and the two work well together. If you add one point into blade fury with ice damage on charms or items then you are fairly well rounded using DS as your main skill, and FB as a secondary. Just make sure to get decent mana leech with your blade fury. this set up put me into Hell at lvl 53 untwinked waited until lvl 70 to attempt making it far into Hell (past Act 1).