Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First Quest - Den of Evil

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by KathRudden, Mar 22, 2004.

1. KathRudden

KathRudden IncGamers Member

First Quest - Den of Evil

How do I get these monsters to stay dead? Is there a trick to it? Or do I just have to keep bashing them and spitting fireballs at them each time they pop up?

Thanks.

2. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

welcome to the forum.
    please tell us a little bit about you.
    if youre just beginning in diablo 2 you are in for a lot of fun and some crazed nights of gibbering insanity

the little imp looking things come in a pack of 5-6 and are brought back to life by a demon shaman who stands back and throws fire balls at you and revives his little minions. you have to kill him to stop the revives or kill the minions with freezing/shattering kills

3. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

I take it your are new to Diablo II so I will help yee. Those creatures who you say are popping back up are the Fallen (little red goblin creatures). What you want to do is kill the Fallen Shaman(s) of the group first (they are pretty much larger red goblins) as they resurrect any of the Fallen you have killed. Once you kill them then you can take out the rest of the pack and they will stay dead. :)

4. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Ah, you've met the fallen. Pesky little buggers they are! They are the first of many monster types you will meet that are resurrected by their pack boss. You have a few options.

1) Hit 'em with cold so that the body shatters

2) Kill the boss

3) Lure them away from their boss (about a screen distance should do it)

4) Some charater types consume corpses with spells (necro, druid, barb), but sounds like you're playing a sorc.

Welcome to the SPF! :wave: Make an intro thread and tell us a bit about yourself.

5. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Yes you have met one of the most insanely annoying creatures in the game, well ok im exagerating, but they still can bug you at times. It seems everyone has explained how and what they are to ya so ill just throw in my two cents. Later on in the game, wont list them here, certain monsters will be like the fallen and have a shaman that revives them. Just 1 simple word of advice, get the little guys to chase you away the run around them and take out the shaman quickly and then they are ready to be fried! Oh and welcome to the Single Player Forum! Kool69 here and at your service! :thumbsup:

6. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Not in 1.10, it won't--they can resurrect from halfway across the Blood Moor!

7. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

as all your questions being answered... welcome to the forum! :wave:

robin

8. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

It still helps to lure them away from the Shaman. The Shaman can resurrect them from very far, but only if the Shaman can see you. If the resurrected warriors can´t see you when you deal with the Shaman, they won´t enter that fight and you can easily kill them afterwards.

9. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

as a starting out player, you are far wiser than i was when i first started about 2 yrs ago, during my first forray into the world of diablo, i spent like 20 minutes killing fallen before i finally got really mad and called my veteran to ask him what the hell i was supposed to do

well, welcome to the SPF, hope that you enjoy your stay :howdy:

10. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

11. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

welcome...

12. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I have seen them revived 10-15 screens away, the distance doesnt matter for the shaman as long as the fallen is in the same area and the shaman can see you. cold damage, corpse use(skelleton or item find), or corpse explosion. are you best routes for destoying fallen.

welcome to the forums, Kathrudden

13. Pucho

Pucho Banned

as yourt answer has been answered (and very fast) let me welcome you to this wonderful place...
    feel free to ask any question, and dont forget an intro thread, we want to know you a little

14. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums....I always go for the Shaman..kill him and then the pesky lil critters. By the way, what class are you?

15. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

Just guessing that he is a sorceress as he said "Do I have to keep bashing them and spitting fireballs"

16. farting bob

farting bob Banned

for a sorc its probably ok, as you can fire those fireballs directly at all the shaman you can see on the screen until they all die. only then bother with the fallen.
    welcome!

17. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, and the highly addictive world of D2. :howdy: You'll want to be sure to check out the Stickied threads above and read the many helpful FAQs and build guides. You can spend hours in there learning, and when you need to know more, ask here. Enjoy your stay here.

18. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Well all the questions being answered so welcome to the forum don't hesitate to ask question thats what we are here for. Good luck with your game.

DX