Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

first night with a ZON, LV 67 ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Clooch, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Clooch

Clooch IncGamers Member

first night with a ZON, LV 67 ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE!!

this is my very first zon, so far im having a pretty fun time, but i dont know really what i am doing when it comes to Skill tree stuff.

anyway here is my char, i feel her DMG is very low, what can i do to improve this?

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/5224/zonke0.png

------------------------------
    **EDIT**

why is it i was in a PRVT game and my resistances were decent, but now i go to a chaos game and they are all real bad?

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6120/zon1wl2.png

crap how do i fix that?
    --------------------------------

my items are

Helm- Tal Rasha
    Armour- Almost perfect FORT
    Bow- almost Perfect FAITH
    Gloves-Lava Gout (i probably need to improve this right?)
    Boots- Gore Riders
    Belt- Razortail
    Ammy-The Cats Eye

Rings

-Raven Frost (18 dex-151 AR)
    -Manald heal ring

i dont really know how to spend my skills, all i know is i have 17 on a Merc and my Strafer is maxed.

ANY advice is well appriciated, this is my first zon i hope i didnt waste my time and ruin the build!!!

thanks so much

**EDIT** nevermind with the new gear my mana doesnt go down at all, now im starting to have fun with this char :D

oh almost forgot! my mana runs out VERY quickly, what can i do? i just got my tals helm my gloves and my ammyso maybe that will help, if not i dont know what to do about that!!

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

1) 2k dmg at lvl67 plus is NOT LOW. I had worse. Your Dex is lacking though, i suggest that you stop adding to vit and add more to dex. A dex of 350 and greater is a good number to aim for. You have already 800+ life which is quite alot compared to my glass cannon of 500+ hp (No im not using vita charms for a challenge ;D but then again i made about 7+ zons before). Get a might merc.

2) The private game was probably in normal mode. In Hell, your resists get cut by -100% in case you don't know. You are abit low for hell mode i wager as well, some NM players are in their mid 70s !

3) Those items probably won't give you much IAS for the fastest killing speeds but that's alright, i wager you are rather unfamiliar with the gear so stick to safe alternatives.

Helm: Tal Rasha (keep)
    Armor: Fort (keep)
    Bow: Faith (keep)
    Glove: Lavagouts, trade for a Laying of Hands asap. 300% extra damage to demons ;) without losing out the speed of lavas.
    Boots: Gore riders, try to get a pair of War Travs. Should be able to get a straight swap.
    Belt: Razortail (keep)
    Ammy: Cats Eye (keep)
    Ring1: Ravenfrost (keep)
    Ring2: Manald (try to trade for a perf one)

Since you have maxed strafe and valk, you should be quite safe. For passives, I say put enough points into Critical strike until you have like 50% chance, Penetrate should not be a factor (although 10kish ar does not hurt but bleh Faith is ITD) and Pierce about 9 points for max pierce with Razortail.

If you have points, continue to invest into Cold and Freezing arrow. Ideally up to 10 points for freezing arrow and then 20 in cold arrow. Believe me, freezing arrow makes your life a heck lot easier since groups of monsters are really frozen stiff giving you free strafe hits.

3. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

if you want to do as high as possible the dmg with your zon then dex should be your priority (1dex=+1%dmg), which means you shouldn't put any more points into vit (imho, you've already placed too many pts into it) - but instead, focus on those scs with 18-20 life to cover life deficiency

if you want to improve the dmg even further then definitly replace cat's with highlord's

and manald is a really weak option here, i'd definitely go with a rare leecher here

4. Bladewind

I still prefer Cat's over highlords, fast run walk and huge dex helps but for a lower dex zon.... yeah HL is better.

Cat's eye is definitely better once the zon breaks into the 300 dex range.

5. Leohappy

i don't think that's true, as a simple damage calculation of a sequence of 10 shots shows the benefit of hl is much better
    if you have a better study of both amulets' effects i'd really like to see it...

that and 1 skill + a large light res boost is definitely worth more than cat's in my view

the 30 frw thing is good for pvp, but in pvm i can just use harmony for a speed boost

so for me, hl > cat's

6. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Atma > Highlords and Cats Eye

7. Leohappy

hmm yeah now that i think about it, a strafer will really benefit from atma's

but i seriously hope the topic starter doesn't use strafe as his main attack
    what a waste of faith that would be...

8. Bladewind

Why bother with Atmas ? Stick a reaper's toll on a merc and enjoy -50% physical dr on all enemies 90% of the time.

Pride might be a great idea but i find it too expensive for taste.

9. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

ur damage is great for lvl60 something. don;t forget you have critical strike too :) if you are pure PvM , then laying of hands is great for those bonuses against those ugly demons.
    but what you DEFINETELY need to do is stop pumping into vitality, bowazons shouldnt need over 800hp simply because they shouldnt be getting hit :) ur merc and valk are there for the tanking. start pumping in dex. i think 1 dex about 1.5 max dmg. i cant quite remember.

try to get a 20dex ravenfrost, AR should not be a problem since u have faith. every dex counts :)
    i find using a dual leech ring to be perfect, with faith all you need is 5% ML and should be all sweet :)

likewise here, reapers toll on my might merc works a treat to get rid of those damn PI's ... but pride would probably the best, bit expensive as you said.

10. KremBanan

Why bother with Reapers ? Stick a Atma on your shoulder an enjoy -100& physical dr :grin: Pride is worth the runes imo:cool:

11. Leohappy

pride is worth the runes but why would anyone want to use atma's for 5%ctc is below me - the worst thing being it doesn't work very well w/multi as only two center arrows carry the ctc effect (and amp radius is really low, at most you'll curse 5 creatures for a few seconds)

now of course if strafe is used all the time, then it makes sense to use it (since all arrows carry ctc), but using faith+fort+pride just so you can strafe better is a major waste of resources

when good equipment is used, multi >> strafe

12. KremBanan

Im not gonna start another debate on this(it has been going on for 6 years now), but those skills have different uses. Both very good ofc, but some situations requires Multi, some Strafe.

13. Clooch

Clooch IncGamers Member

WOOPS LOL

i do use it as my main attack and now i kill thinks in hell with ease. what do i use with my main attack>?

14. Leohappy

try multi :grin:

15. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

strafe and multi have different benefits...theres nothing wrong with using strafe and faith.

16. Mecrusja

Mecrusja IncGamers Member

indeed once u hav all the top gear ama's multi really rocks
    but pls read some guides pls where are you going to put all those skillpoints?

17. Bladewind

I don't advocate a speedazon to go for Strafe. Next delay affects 2 fps Strafe alot, which isn't uncommon at all with a 7 fps MS Speedazon. Of course if you are settling for 3 frame strafe, atma and anything with CTC is awesome.

I rather stick to MS when i use Faith. 5% chance is too low for me now, im so used to see decrip kicking in at under 3 seconds. :D

Also when playing a 500 hp Dexazon, this is alot safer (decrip SLOWS targets and reduce their damage by 50% as well) and my damage is large enough (a hell lot of fine and dex charms) so I am not too worried about Pride. :jig: