Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First kill

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by El_Raya, Apr 5, 2004.

1. El_Raya

El_Raya IncGamers Member

First kill

Hi.

After all the reading on this forum how fun hunting and pking people is i made a try.
    I made a lvl 18 charger(seemed to be the best first-time-pk).
    I shopped a pike at larzuk, got a mask with 3 x almost +15 max damage jewels and made a 3 socket armor with perf rubies(don´t have more max jewels yet).

With this setup i went out hunting in sewers and act3 start games.
    Damn its hard getting kills!

After alot of hostiling and alot of almost caught chars I finaly catch one outside town act2. Its another paladin and just under my lvl(dont hurt me!).

But here´s the thing: After I got him, I felt kinda bad.
    What if this was his first game of D2? what if he was a 10 year old?

Does anyone else here feel bad ver their kill?
    (ofcourse this was only act2 normal so I convinced myself that he just started a new char and was fine about it :) )

/Raya

2. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

Well you could think of it this way... You taught him a valuable lesson, that he should not be standing directly outside town or near entrances.

-Relativity

3. det

det IncGamers Member

I won't flame you for attacking one below your level..if fact I figured if I ever give PK a try and my first attempts at hostiling would probably around lv 18, I would not be picky and hostile anything from lv 15 to say..24. Or if my PKer was lv 24, I'd probably hostile anything from 20 upwards (maybe up to 29?)

Reasons: First of all, total inexperience. Second...no PK gear, no max jewels..only life armour. Third...the actual hunt. Gotta find easier hunting grounds at first..and that means: Sewers, Arcane and Travincal..and take anything that runs there.

As one grows more experienced, I guess its not anymore the fact of getting an ear that matters, but rather getting an ear that is really far above you in lvs. But that would be the ultimate goal, not the initial.

That said, I still would not hostile a lv 9 with a lv 18 - if it was however the other way round and a lv 9 hostiled me, I'd expect him to be a killer :lol:

4. Tloopz

Tloopz IncGamers Member

With a lvl 18 charger you shall be hunting in act4 and 5. But everyone needs to test it and get there skills and setup ready first for the "big" guys.

If you feel sad after the kill you maybe dont have the heart for it. My first kill ever was with a lvl 12 dubbelthrower with really crap gear (used 20 posion jools instead of max dmg) Was hunting in the sewers and after some time i finelly got a ear. My heart was pumping like mad and the, and the, and the...FUN!! Its was like sex after 1 week in selebate. I was so happy with myself.

//Tloopz

5. exdeath

exdeath IncGamers Member

i once felt bad when i pked lvl 6x sorc. then i gave him wf and we became friends

6. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

I don't think you're doing much wrong here, but think about it in this way: You're not having fun and he is neither.

I'm on europe where the sewers are flooded with level 18-19 paladins using charge. You need to get a good party that stays together for a few runs, otherwise you'll be standing more in town than in the sewers.

7. det

det IncGamers Member

Oh...if you read Tloopz post, I think he was having fun...even said it was better than Sex :lol:

After a certain time..what will there be to do other than rebuilding you favorite character for the hundreth time..or PKing.

Play this game for 3 years..and come back to tell us you don't PK still ;)

8. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

LAdder HC?

MMMMmmmm mebbie I should try and ressurect BtK-Valkyre and kill them chargers.... then again, maybe I should install Sacred and play that ^_^

9. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

naw.....stick with GW. (did you get it running again?)

:D

10. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Ye, works very well under win2000.... but I've purchased Sacred as well. As soon as I move (4th of may) I'll be able to participate in europe all-call sessions.

11. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

yeah ladder.

come and kill the charge pallys :)

I started a jabazon to try to kill one, but she died at the barracks to a HF ratman, when I was running a bit too fast towards the sewers :hanky: