First Kill Baal Runs

Baroni

Diabloii.Net Member
First Kill Baal Runs

I just have question about something I read a while ago regarding first kill Baal runs.

The question is just this - Does it still work?

If you don't understand what I mean here is how it goes.

1 - Player who has killed Baal creates a game and clears out Baals minions.

2 - 1st time killer joins the game and kills Baal, thus getting the 1st time Baal kill drops but not getting the quest completion.

I know it used to work a while ago, just wondering if it still does?

Baroni

Diabloii.Net Member
frozenmagic said:
i think it doesnt work anymore. I read sumwer that it was patched

Thanks for the reply Frozenmagic. I guess my Hammerdin had better whack on some more mf and smoke Baal himself then.

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, i havent heard anything about it being fixed. I think its still in effect. I'll have to do some runs like that and see how the drops are.

Baroni

Diabloii.Net Member
Zenkat said:
Hmm, i havent heard anything about it being fixed. I think its still in effect. I'll have to do some runs like that and see how the drops are.
Interesting. Well, I have now managed to get my new Blizzard only sorc to Hell Baal, so I think a few tries should sort this matter out.

BTW is there a set number the the drops that will come from 1st time killing Baal? Say for instance at least 4-6 items, or maybe a minimum number of Uniques/sets?

Baroni

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, the early signs from my testing are indicating to me that this tactic still works. In 7 runs my drops have been as follows :-

1 - 1 uniq, 1 set, 2 rare, 2 magic

2 - 2 uniq, 4 rare

3 - 5 rare, 1 magic

4 - 3 rare, 2 magic

5 - 1 uniq, 1 set, 2 rare

6 - 5 rare, 1 magic

7 - 1 uniq, 2 set, 2 rare, 1 magic

These drops are better than would be expected normally from a 0% mf bosskill if the tactic did not still work. My 450% mf Hammerdin doesn't get this amount of itmes dropping, and can expect on occasion to only get a couple of magic items drop.

Obviously 7 runs is not enough to draw any conclusive proof from, so I am off to do a bucketload more.

Lord_Beaner

Diabloii.Net Member
Baroni said:
Well, the early signs from my testing are indicating to me that this tactic still works. In 7 runs my drops have been as follows :-

2 - 2 uniq, 4 rare

3 - 5 rare, 1 magic

4 - 3 rare, 2 magic

6 - 5 rare, 1 magic

These drops are better than would be expected normally from a 0% mf bosskill if the tactic did not still work. My 450% mf Hammerdin doesn't get this amount of itmes dropping, and can expect on occasion to only get a couple of magic items drop.

Obviously 7 runs is not enough to draw any conclusive proof from, so I am off to do a bucketload more.
What kinf of stuff did u find? heh.

Lord_Beaner

Diabloii.Net Member
Baroni said:

2 - 2 uniq, 4 rare

3 - 5 rare, 1 magic

4 - 3 rare, 2 magic

6 - 5 rare, 1 magic

What kind of stuff did u find? heh.