Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First High Lvl Sorc Dueler

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Jules, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Jules

Jules IncGamers Member

First High Lvl Sorc Dueler

Ok so im mostly new to the whole High level dueling scene. Im trying to work myself in this category and i have created a Cold Sorceress (debating FO or Blizz). Im debating over many things and i could use some suggestions. I suppose there will be some wondering, why ask here? Reason: There are many expierienced high lvl duelers and duelers in general who browse this forum.

Anyhoo, my sorceress is now lvl 66 im leveling her. As for gear wise i have 10 cold skillers around 3 with 15+ life. Im debating a few things with her i will list them.

A) Shield- Storm or Spirit?

B) Max block or All Vitality? ( Ofcourse dont suggest spirit, and max block lets be realistic )

C) Helm- 15/-4 Faceted NightWing or Um Shako

D) Armor- CoH--Blizz Ormus faceted--or something else?

Anyways i basicly am clueless on all of those and also debating what to do on the Boot situation im deciding between sandstorm trek waterwalks and marrows.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

a: You should probably wear Stormshield and go max block....otherwise it's gonna be 1 whirlwind and you're dead. Spirit and vita route is nice if you're only going to duel other caster types. Against melee you need max block or be a brilliant teleporter and even then...

b: see a....Spirit with max block:)

c: Shako is really nice...damage reduction and huge mana/life bonus is very sweet, very useful when teleporting which is very mana consuming. Also you can MF some if you get tired of dueling.

D: I'd take Chains of Honour, but that's just because I love that armor not because I know what's best.

Also consider rare boots as some really nifty ones can spawn from time to time...

3. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Ok, First off pros/cons of orb vs bliz
    Orb - Pros :allows for eshield, great damage if you aim well, does well vs most builds
    Cons: Doesn't kill as quickly, hard to aim at first
    Bliz - Pros: Huge damage, can stand in it vs melee, good to trap with, harder to absorb
    Cons: No esheild, good duelers can avoid unless you out play them
    (I could spend a entire thread going over these in detail but meh)
    Since this is gonna be your first PvP I'd go Orb over Bliz.
    You want to reach 105 FCR so you can get some insane damage from Nightwings/fathom/Ormus (ideally all 5/5 cold died, and a 3 esheild ormus)
    With Orb/Icebolt/CM/TK/Eshild (max last) Max'd you are set to go. Rest of points in pre-reqs (1 in teleport) and warmth.

With a HUGE esheild, there is no need to have any resistance at all (the more the better tho as always), max block is not important IMO with this build.

Here's what you want
    105% FCR (Necissity) / Frostburns (40% more "life") /and huge damage.
    I'd imagine the build going like this
    Nightwings (5/5 cold die)
    Ormus robe (+3 Esheild, 5/5 cold die)
    Fathom (5/5 cold die)
    Spirit (huge mana/fcr and +2 skills)
    Frostburns
    arachnids
    sandstorm trecks (you need some FHR somwhere)
    a magical ammy with +3 cold skills +10%FCR if you can't afford a rare with 10%FCR and extra mods
    2 SOJ's

There you go HUGE damage, lots of mana (wich equals lots of life)
    if you want small charms, go for ones with big mana over ones with big life.

Edit: If you want to go bliz I'd go for max resists, max block, 105%FCR and as much DR as you can squeeze in... most caster builds will die if they get hit with a blizard... and watch out for wind druids they can easily woop you!

Last thing you NEED a high level Cold Mastery as it's easy to absorb cold damage so you gotta ensure they aren't at max resists

4. 72_5

72_5 IncGamers Member

Stats would be something around str/dex for gear and rest energy then for the es variant? or do you want some vit just because or?

5. parkerbsb

Well since you arent going lit tree, you won't have the skillers (unless you prebuff wich I hate doing) So even with (+2 ammy, +2 rings, +2 sheild,+1 belt, +1 anni, +3ormus) you'd be absorbing ~85% with your sheild. So you do still want some health; also if you get nailed by a EBOTD whirling barb and loose your mana you are mostly toast, but it's happened that the sheild builds up so quickly that they came back and won... so a little extra life is a good thing (espically if you can afford a 6BO CTA to buff life before the duel :D)

With the frosties on you'll have significant life, so I'd do like a 3mana/2life split every level, after str/dex are met (enough for equip for those 2 for sure).

6. Jules

Jules IncGamers Member

Ok ive decided i am going blizz due to the reason i want one hit KO's due to lots of chicken users in hc. I also have decided on um'd stormshield--um'd shako--archon coh. Still a bit puzzled as to manually put into ES or use an orb/ormus robes. I am also deciding how much life i would be losing say i did go max block with stormshield.

7. parkerbsb

Well if you are wealthy, get a +3 es staff for rhyme, a 3 ormus bliz (15cold) AND a 3 ormus esheild, 10 lit skillers (in your stash)... there 40% ES wich is 95%absorb IIRC, all without using a single point :D

Then max bliz/synergies, and go for HUGE damage (btw max block with stormsheild at level 99 is around 230 points IIRC... that's alot of life, but you could use a 6 BO call to arms to make up for it).

1 peice of advice, if you see a druid using armageddon save and exit asap! They will own you (volcano under your feet = stunlock = dead)