Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

first ever pindle runs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by chipsanddust, Nov 10, 2006.

1. chipsanddust

chipsanddust IncGamers Member

first ever pindle runs

Chipsanddust here. I haven't posted in a while. My Fishimancer just opened the portal to Pindleskin in hell and I decided to do some runs. This is something I have never done but figured I had nothing to lose by wasting some time on pindle before moving on. Wow. About ten runs in what should drop but my first ever Harlequins Quest. By the end of 2 hours I had acumulated another HOZ, Athenas Wrath, Bartuc's cut throat, and Heavenly Garb as well as a collection of useful rares and sockets. I also almost leveled to 87 from beginning 86. I think this will be addictive.

2. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Finding the good stuff always is congrats on your finds

3. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Congratulations!
    Are you doing pindle on /players 8 or /players 1?

4. Tupsi

Tupsi IncGamers Member

Wow, great drops :jig:
    Same question as above, what /player# and were you heavily loaded or just loaded with MF? I'd just like to know so I could try a Fishy when I find a few items more... But very nice drops, congrats. Keep it going!

5. chipsanddust

I have been running him at players 5 with very little mf. About 150. Most of my stuff is for skills and what little resists I could accumulate to this point.That is what surprized me about the drops.

6. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

I've never liked necros for pindle runs. A druid or a zon that can summon a tank right on top of the pack and then kill the pack before the skellies outside ever even wake up is my prefered method.

7. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Congrats man!

Question though, sort of similar to Shagsbeard's comment.

I've run pindle a couple times with my necro and I always find that my minions are busy attacking, or stuck back in the open area while I'm left taking charges from pindle and his pack. So how do you actually get your minions to enter the "room" with you? Teleport would obviously work wonders, but if you (or anyone here) are using some other trick I'd love to be enlightened!

Thanks
    -hps

8. chumley669

chumley669 IncGamers Member

The key with a Fishy is to realize that they won't be as fast as a sorc. Anyway, without teleport, you have to handle the monsters in the garden first. I go through the portal and resurrect my skellies from the corpses there, that disposes of 12. When the others raise up, Of course amp then CE as fast as you can. With everything dead, they then follow you into the room. It doesn't take that long, really.

9. Pavel

Pavel IncGamers Member

I've done my share of Pindle with Fishymancer. I summoned only 3 skellies, ran towards pindle & his minions, stopped before they could hit me and backed behind the pillars. Those 3 skellies would continue running at Pindle and tank him, the tricky part was to get that damn moron (merc) through the door for the 1st kill.

10. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

Yeah.. after reading that --^, im gonna have to say... build a sorc :) blizz > 3 skellies & moron

Even if you hate sorcs, they will do wonders for your speed against pindle. i have both a very leet fishy, and 2 very nice sorcs, and there is just no comparing the two classes for pindle. so id say pindle some stuff for a sorc... and make a pindler (blizzballer/pure blizz)

side note:my brothers LF/CS zon also "pwns" my nerco at speed, and can take more of a beating than my sorcs, so yeah, a zon will do aswell.

11. chipsanddust

I agree that sorcs, druids etc. would be faster than a fishy at the runs, but this is my bootstrap character for single player. I have always bogged down in nightmare with sorcs and low level hell with druids, nightmare with pallys and barbs due to lack of decent items. I'm hoping my fishy and a billion pindle runs can take care of that for me. Pindle is by far the fastest run. I have a great map for Meph but it still takes longer than 5 pindle runs.

12. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

I also fully agree.My last char was Skelie and now i am currently playing Blizzsorc and these two cannot be compared...But fishy is really good for running WK2,3 Area.

13. MaliusArcus

MaliusArcus IncGamers Member

Honestly, with any teleport item (some arent too hard to find, I use naj's) raise 3-4 skellies, 3 teleports in back up a hair amp, first corpse CE twice and done... takes me all of 20 seconds... sure thats longer than a sorc... but my chance of getting touched is next to none. In my short pindle spree (~500 runs) last week I didnt die a single time, and only got touched maybe twice. It takes practice... but its such a short run that in no time you will get into a pattern.

Another note though is that while you can run 5-10 pindle runs in the time it takes one mephy run, you will get 5x more 'good' items from mephy. Pindle will drop the occaisonal 'great' item... thats what separates the two. Meph hands down is better for you if you need gear to make runs faster, or gear up a sorc/hammerdin/etc for MFing.

yet another note, as stated necros are not very good at running pindle compared to other classes. Pits/WSK are my favorites on my fishy, pits are boring... but you could do them in your sleep, naked, and very intoxicated. WSK has baal at the end, and is fun... cause you can die in there if the wrong things spawn and you dont abort the run, or you get a couple unlucky aura packs spawning close (gloams + conviction = toasted).

But if you are set on running pindle with a necro, it is VERY possible, and not really hard (but yeah the merc doesnt like going inside without tele). If you enjoy it, most cookie cutter necro builds can run pindle without being touched, so if you arent experienced at making MF runs a necro might be a good place to start.

14. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

I would like to agree that pindle with a fishy (or any necromancer with a point in amp and ce) is completely underrated. Charge in, cast a clay golem in their face, attract on one minion, merc catches up, lays out one, CE after amping and you're gg.

15. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Blizz sorc or LF zon is already starting the second run by this time. Fishys just aren't time-efficient when it comes to MF.

16. MaliusArcus

Actually necro is great at MF. Fishy is one of the best WSK runners, hands down. Name any other class that has the safety net a fishy has? No deaths, less downtime. A fishy can carry fewer res charms, free inventory space means fewer pitstops.

With TP the necro picks up serious speed (especially if using a purdy iron golem that doesnt need to be recast, I think I used bonesnap for my latest set of pindle runs).

You also forgot that I can pack 4 times more MF on my fishy than any other char and barely change killing speed. Can your blizz sorc teleport around naked? Without FCR and blocking she would get eaten alive if she hit a bad pack. If I am teleporting around and hit a bad pack I have 11 skellies, up to 14 revives, a fire/iron/clay golem, a pretty mean merc, and sometimes even mages (5 IIRC). I have well over 2 dozen tanks for me at some points in time. Well the moron isnt a tank.

17. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Those are great reasons why necros are good for WSK runs, but WSK runs are definitely not efficient for MF. Run WSK however many times you want with a necro, and I can guarantee you that in the same amount of time you'd have more items if you ran Pindle or Ancient Tunnels with a blizz sorc instead. And yes, a blizz sorc can run Pindle virtually naked as well, although you'd need FCR for Tunnels.

Of course, this is all assuming welfare gear. Summon necros get left in the dust at the highest level of gear because your primary killing skill (CE) doesn't scale with gear, and actually takes a bigger hit at higher player settings than other skills.

18. MaliusArcus

Eh, NO class kills fast enough on p8 in hell to MF well enough to warrant it over p1... BUT p3 is a reasonable MF setting for some builds. But remember I can drop 3-5 CEs and clear a room, amp doubles the physical dmg of it. @ p3 with amp cast I have never came up against a pack that didnt go down in one additional CE (if on p1 it took 2 CEs to take that pack type down, it would take 3 on p3. sometimes it will leave a few at a sliver of life)

WSK > Ancient tunnels hands down. Remember both are 85 areas. Both have the same treasure classes. But WSK has Baal. I dont think the ancient tunnels have baal. they do have a shiny little chest dont they?

And if you wanted to see who could clear baals minions faster (a necro or sorc) A CE necro will take them down faster everytime. 50% phys 50% fire never a complete immune. amp doubles the physical dmg. baal leaves 1 corpse from the previous fight. it takes the last corpse from the previous fight to open at least one corpse, from there drop another one and clean the minions off and one more for the boss (unless fire immune and or stoneskin, then maybe 2-3 more... still quick)

I am not saying a fishy is a speed killer, compared to others. But a fishy is still one of the best MF chars there is. You cant deny that. Can your sorc run WSK on P8 hell? doubtful. My fishy can... its slow... but I wont die (my merc will.... at least twice). How long does it take you to clear baals minions? less than 5 seconds average? Maybe. but so can I. And how would ancient tunnels or pindle provide more items than baal? pindle is quick to run, but chances of dropping a lot of end game items is slim, also no skiller/vita GCs. Ancient tunnels? lol that its absurd. both places drop from TC87 (on boss packs) with the same frequency. Ancient tunnels has 6-8 boss packs. WSK 2+3 and Throne = 16-21 boss packs + Baal, I dont think thats counting baals minions either... but they drop crap usually. I will have to run over more area, but I can TP too. I dont worry about immunes (amp breaks physical immune, all I need... rarely it wont, then I will still be ok unless its fire immune too). I dont need to carry a single charm to add skills, I dont need max resists (other than LI for gloams), I guess I dont NEED a teleport item but it doubles my speed easily, heck I really dont even need FCR, my +3 summon skills + 3 iron golem + 1 skelly mastery was bought from ormus. not some uber nice weapon but I dont need anything better.

I rely on my skills, thats it. I lose no more than 10-15% of my speed 100% naked. that is because of the lack of mana/mana pots to CE constantly. And can a bliz sorc even run anything other than pindle/meph/andy/tunnels? hardly. I can break immunes without expensive runewords (elemental and physical). Can your bliz sorc even take down a CI Lister? Yes you can, with 2 bers, a mal, and an ist in a 4 socket polearm (read: infinity). I dont need that. I can save expensive runewords for my other chars.

ok im tired. point is a bliz sorc is designed to make a very select few runs very well. but it cant do much else. a fishy can run any map in the game without major problems, even naked and probably p8 with some talent/good merc. But because they are so flexible they lose direct killing power. (blizz sorc does more dmg than a tri element sorc. more focused).

And I have 4 sorcs, I love my sorcs. IMO A well played fishy is a much better general MFer. now if only I could get an enigma.... I hate charges.

19. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

From what I'm told, a blizz sorc can kill every superunique boss pack in Ancient Tunnels in about 90 seconds. Pindle is equivalent to 2 superuniques, and can be done in 30 seconds (closer to 20 seconds with a good computer). There's no character in the game that can keep up that killing rate (15 seconds per superunique) in the WSK, and Baal doesn't drop well enough to make up for that discrepancy. I don't know why you're so fixated on running WSK anyways. How well a character fares in the WSK is irrelevant to how well it MF's, because the WSK is an extremely poor MF area.

20. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

I don't really see how anyone can stand running Baal. Even if you kill his minions fast, you still get the:

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-go-take-a-dump-I-will-still-be-laughing-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Followed by a decrepify.

Followed by more ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I'd rather have a shiny chest any day. :p