First Beef... Now Chicken...

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
First Beef... Now Chicken...

now borders are closing to imports of Canadian Poultry...click link for detials...

Link

it wont hit as hard as the BSE infected cow found in May, but it's still a hit.
sorry if this was already posted.

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
bah! more stupid crap with people banning our exports!

I wont be surprised if the states bans us soon, even after we didnt ban them. GRR... sorry guys im still VERY mad at mr. bush and his cronies

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Killfrenzy said:
I wont be surprised if the states bans us soon, even after we didnt ban them. GRR... sorry guys im still VERY mad at mr. bush and his cronies
well for a while the relationship between The States and Canada seems to be under immense pressure (even though they deny it!),

Maybe this time, they wont ban our poultry...just to be nice, but the real reason probably would be that they got the Bird flu too...

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
we already had some fun West Nile Virus or something, my memory is bad

if you see a dead bird on the ground don't lick it or anything!

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
What exactly is the bird flu anyways.
From what i got from it (i didn't do any backround research on this) its basically a flu strain that attacks Poultry, There is a risk of it transferring over to humans, and since we don't have anyway of protecting ourselfs from it, we have to stop it from spreading...

BTW: Influenza can kill you, and so can this strain of it... 20+ people in asia already died from it.

simplyLost

Diabloii.Net Member
MinasMorgul said:
now borders are closing to imports of Canadian Poultry...click link for detials...

Link

it wont hit as hard as the BSE infected cow found in May, but it's still a hit.
sorry if this was already posted.
what the hell.. the us is banning canadian poultry.. because they found a case of flu in birds.. but yet the exact same flu was found in american birds.. yes.. "they're bad.. their chicken has a non-deadly form of the flu.. which ours also have.. so let's ban them from exporting to our country.." makes perfect sense..

-Lost

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
Minas, for the love of God don't use purple :)

It makes my eyes bleed when it's against the blue background.
Sorry bout that, im going in sync with my avatar... this better?

Devolution

Diabloii.Net Member
this is all happenning on a farm in a town called abbotsford which is about 30 mins away from my house so as you can imagine it's all over our news...

it was found on a chicken breeding farm after the farmer noticed some of the birds were mysteriously dieing. they say none of the chickens or eggs etc ever entered the food supply....and this influenza is a different type from the one in asia and apparently poses a fraction of a threat.

my friend works on a chicken farm around there too haha :)

th5418

Banned
Man, sooner or later there going to be some pig disease. Then some sort of meat disease. We will hve to become vegetarians.....

cyclotronic

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually the flu is a duck diseas. Its is only able to harm people because in many parts of asia duck and pigs live so closely together that the pigs contract the diseas. Pigs thoats can harbor human diseases so when the farmers get close to the pig he is infected with the flu. This is the only was humans can get the flu. All flu come from certain parts of asia. If one person in asia gets sick then the whole village can get sick then the whole world.