Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

First barb... i have questions

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by spasm attack, Oct 6, 2006.

1. spasm attack

spasm attack IncGamers Member

First barb... i have questions

So I'm probably going to make a MF/PvM barb this weekend (hooray for ali baba) and I have never had one before and I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions... First of all, can a barb dual wield two two-handed weapons? I know they can dual wield two on-handed weapons, but what about two-handed? I'm going to (eventually) going to get a BOTD and grief combo for my main weapons, would that be a good idea? Also I don't know exactly what to do with my skill points... I have a plan for some of them, but I don't know what else to spend it on.

BO - 20
    Whirlwind - 20
    Sword Mastery - 20
    some other melee attack - ???
    other warcries and stuff - ???

I'm going to use whirlwind to hack through the mobs, but I don't know what I should use on the bosses. I am also considering just using double swing all the time because the 'when you kill an enemy, on striking, and on attack' aren't used with WW. Bash seems like a good idea for the knockback, but none of the guides I have read mention it, and concentrate has the defense bonus, which would also be nice when going head to head with a boss... Also, are iron skin, natural resistance, and increased speed passive, or do you have to cast them? Also, how many warcries can you have active at once? And what ones would be good to have?

And also, what does the break point of a whirlwind attack mean??

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

if you want to dual wield, and you want to take advantage of cast on strike, I suggest frenzy

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=182586

if you go with one weapon, then concentrate or berzerk would be useful skills, there are several more guides to check out in the sticky

3. Raging_Zealot

Raging_Zealot Diablo: IncGamers Member

Might as well throw a point or 2 into Find Item if your going to be MFing