First amazon with a weapon question..

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
First amazon with a weapon question..

Hey all have gave everything a whirl but want to check out a lightningzon and was wondering she will basically need javalins replinished all the time like arrows so how do u make use of all these special and unique javalins that builds talk about.I know this question is a noob as it gets but just curious what i'm missing as far as how javalins work...getting ready to goto bed but starting one tomorrow .

Thanks in advance for help!!

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
rayschaller said:
Hey all have gave everything a whirl but want to check out a lightningzon and was wondering she will basically need javalins replinished all the time like arrows so how do u make use of all these special and unique javalins that builds talk about.I know this question is a noob as it gets but just curious what i'm missing as far as how javalins work...getting ready to goto bed but starting one tomorrow .

Thanks in advance for help!!
Depend what u mean by a lightzon???!!
Is it a lightning fury or a charge strike amazon you are thinking about?

When making a lightning fury amazon your best weapon is Titans! the quatity of the javalins are 140! And it has replenish quatity! So this mean that if you stay in town and not to anything it will replenish back to 140 after a period of time! But youn can also go to Charsi (or other NPC in other acts) that repair items and swooosh they get repaired to 140 again! ANd it cost only 1 gold! :D

Not If you use Ethereal titans (which is better and if its upped its even better, though the requirements are greater, that means when upped u need more str and dex to use them) you cant repair at the local NPC (in each act). So you have to wait untill it replenishes! To keep you runing and not wait for them to replenish you can have a spare titans on switch! In this way you continue fightning!

Charge strike works the same! After a certain each javalin use durability and the number diminish! Same as above applies when replenishing! Both for non eth and eth javalins!

Hope it helps!

/Dec

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
Depend what u mean by a lightzon???!!
Is it a lightning fury or a charge strike amazon you are thinking about?

When making a lightning fury amazon your best weapon is Titans! the quatity of the javalins are 140! And it has replenish quatity! So this mean that if you stay in town and not to anything it will replenish back to 140 after a period of time! But youn can also go to Charsi (or other NPC in other acts) that repair items and swooosh they get repaired to 140 again! ANd it cost only 1 gold! :D

Not If you use Ethereal titans (which is better and if its upped its even better, though the requirements are greater, that means when upped u need more str and dex to use them) you cant repair at the local NPC (in each act). So you have to wait untill it replenishes! To keep you runing and not wait for them to replenish you can have a spare titans on switch! In this way you continue fightning!

Charge strike works the same! After a certain each javalin use durability and the number diminish! Same as above applies when replenishing! Both for non eth and eth javalins!

Hope it helps!

/Dec
Fantastic thank u for the heads up...sorry never picked any up yet that replinished so have to check that out,can u repair any javalin set and get full quantity back?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
1. if it has the replenish mod, it only costs 1 gold to repair.

2. for melee, each javelin in the stack has hidden durability. however, i've never seen one get used up through melee.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
1. if it has the replenish mod, it only costs 1 gold to repair.

2. for melee, each javelin in the stack has hidden durability. however, i've never seen one get used up through melee.
Hidden durability for other javalins should work in the same way as for normal melee weapons! As long as you use the as a melle weapon! Like the skill Jab or Fend! In time you will loose quantity (hidden durability) when using those skills as main attack on a javazon! If you throw javalins that dont have replenish as a part of the javalin attribute then you will loose them forever!

This applies to Thunderstroke!

/Dec

Peregrine

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
Hidden durability for other javalins should work in the same way as for normal melee weapons! As long as you use the as a melle weapon! Like the skill Jab or Fend! In time you will loose quantity (hidden durability) when using those skills as main attack on a javazon! If you throw javalins that dont have replenish as a part of the javalin attribute then you will loose them forever!

This applies to Thunderstroke!

/Dec

Actually you won't, at least with uniques. I've tested it with Thunderstroke, all that happens is the weapon breaks (like any other weapon) and you have to repair it before you can use it again.

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Peregrine said:
Actually you won't, at least with uniques. I've tested it with Thunderstroke, all that happens is the weapon breaks (like any other weapon) and you have to repair it before you can use it again.

That's nice to know, and thank u to everyone for the help...so far only level 8 but amazon seems fun enough jus wish javalin stacks came in bigger sizes.

Tarantella

Diabloii.Net Member
rayschaller said:
That's nice to know, and thank u to everyone for the help...so far only level 8 but amazon seems fun enough jus wish javalin stacks came in bigger sizes.

Aim to move on from pilums and javelins to throwing spears as soon as you can.They have 80 in the stack but need a dexterity of 65. Better still look out for 'compact' and 'thin' prefixed rare javelins and as its your first amazon and if its appropriate repair and imbue the first maiden javelin you find(just for luck) :)

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
actually, even if it breaks, the replenish mod will kick in and repair it.
This applies to Titans without a doubt but Thunderstroke does not have replenish quantity!

I was wondering what happens if you use Thunderstrokes in the same way one use Titans with Lightning Fury? If you use the Thunderstokes and they get to 0 can you still repair them??? I thought if quantity of Thunderstokes reachos zero u cant repair them and they are gone forever!

/Dec

Peregrine

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
This applies to Titans without a doubt but Thunderstroke does not have replenish quantity!

I was wondering what happens if you use Thunderstrokes in the same way one use Titans with Lightning Fury? If you use the Thunderstokes and they get to 0 can you still repair them??? I thought if quantity of Thunderstokes reachos zero u cant repair them and they are gone forever!

/Dec
Like I said a few posts up, they will reach 0 quantity and break (just like breaking a melee weapon by using up durability). They'll be red and unuseable until you repair them by cube or NPC. It doesn't matter if you use them up by throwing or by poking things, you'll never lose the item.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Peregrine said:
Like I said a few posts up, they will reach 0 quantity and break (just like breaking a melee weapon by using up durability). They'll be red and unuseable until you repair them by cube or NPC. It doesn't matter if you use them up by throwing or by poking things, you'll never lose the item.
Very nice then!

Never used Thunderstrokes before! Thought that if they reac 0 they will dissapear forever!

Thx!

/Dec