firestorm

PimpDaddyWicked

Diabloii.Net Member
firestorm

hey everyone,

is firestorm maxed with all synergies maxed a good primary weapon for hell PvM?

if a pro could help me out and save me getting to hell only to get owned it would be great :) lol

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
You'd probably be better off using fissure with maxed synergies. It is far more effective than firestorm. Though make sure to have a backup attack or merc to take care of the fire immunes.

PimpDaddyWicked

Diabloii.Net Member
You'd probably be better off using fissure with maxed synergies. It is far more effective than firestorm. Though make sure to have a backup attack or merc to take care of the fire immunes.
i'm just a massive fan of the firestorm skill and want to know whether or not it's worth continuing only to find i get my tail kicked in hell difficulty.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
If you enjoy having your tail kicked, please continue! :azn:

The problem is that it doesn't kill fast enough. Monsters will swarm you and be all over you. The good thing about fissure is that it stops the monsters, putting them in hitrecovery. This means they'll never (ok, they will, but not that often) come close enough to hit you.

Also, fissure helps versus ranged attacks too, since you can cast it over the entire screen, while fissure requires you to come close.
That the damage of fissure is better is also an advantage (!)

Firestorm is cute, but sorry, not THAT effective to hold on its own in hell.