Firefox Myths: Read And Cry

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont care :p

All I want are my precious extensions and being able to browse like the lazy person I am.

:cloud9:

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
i've already know about 90% of those myths but as people already pointed out.. extensions > anything else.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
IE is an ugly piece of crap, and whether or not it has more security flaws, the fact is more people write exploits for them.

That said, it is true that there are a lot of FF fanboys out there who say all kinds of absurd things. I hear Firefox's tears can cure cancer, too bad it has never cried.

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
Please continue bumping this thread so that as many people as possible see the mass propaganda that's been spread by spiteful Firefox supporters unravel before their gullable, beady little eyes.

P.S. I'll let you know when my IE's been exploited...which will be never.

Heil

eds01

Diabloii.Net Member
Theres two things that I've gotten used to while browsing that i really cant live without anymore without severe fustration: Tabs and mouse gestures (which i use mostly for going back and forth in my history). What browsers support this other then FF and Opera?

Also, about the memory useage thing, which uses more memory? 17 tabs open in FF, or 17 windows of IE, or 17 tabs open in IE (using the tab extension)?

WebDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Theres two things that I've gotten used to while browsing that i really cant live without anymore without severe fustration: Tabs and mouse gestures (which i use mostly for going back and forth in my history). What browsers support this other then FF and Opera?

Also, about the memory useage thing, which uses more memory? 17 tabs open in FF, or 17 windows of IE, or 17 tabs open in IE (using the tab extension)?
Opera does both and much more. Its always been my favorite.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Please continue bumping this thread so that as many people as possible see the mass propaganda that's been spread by spiteful Firefox supporters unravel before their gullable, beady little eyes.

Heil
By all means, indulge in the reverse.

Make sure you have your foil hats on when you go to that website. Half of it is babble, most of the sources used are picked to support their view of 'Firefox iz badzor', and a lot of the 'sources' are from blogs. Way to not look like a nutter. Maybe the website creator should lay off the mercury for a bit.

Gertlex

Banned

Heil
What a arsehat. Firefox != Naziism.

P.S. I'll let you know when my FF's been exploited...which will be an equal length of never.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
WTH is your problem? We're talking about internet browsers here. It's not that big a deal.

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
Lmao, I looked at the link, and the EQUALLY LOW ridiculous Min. Sys. Req for both browsers made me not even want to read the rest.

and you should probably stop being so mad at Firefox, it doesnt sound too healthy to get so upset about browsers.

Phesto

Diabloii.Net Member
What a arsehat. Firefox != Naziism.
Apparently you missed the point. People have ALWAYS passed Firefox off as perfect WITHOUT question, yet it isn't. It's just another fad that's being perpetrated by totally ignorant followers, i.e. mostly 14-year-olds.

and you should probably stop being so mad at Firefox, it doesnt sound too healthy to get so upset about browsers.
Claiming someone's mad over the Internet? That's very unoriginal and extremely lame. And in this case it's also ignorant because I've been using Firefox for about the past 3 months.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I like how the site says Firefox isn't that good because IE7 has so many better features. Where was IE7 when I downloaded Firefox? Oh right, it wasn't made yet.

edit: Why should I rely on a site that plugs Microsoft products to give me accurate information about its competitors? Fortunately I'm not that dumb.