Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fireclaw+Maul pvp Trick?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Jary, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Fireclaw+Maul pvp Trick?

Something that just came to mind recently...it'd be sorta tricky to pull off but I think it'd be pretty tite to see.

I noticed that for most fireclaw builds, there tends to be around 60 points synergizing fissure... and the rest tend to go to maxing Fireclaw & Lycanthropy. However, what if instead of maxing lycanthropy, max maul instead?

This is the trick though, you'd need two accounts running at the same time or just a friend who is a barb to be in the duel game. Your other alias can bo you, then hostile you at the edge of town. Since you don't need the cta/spirit, your build would consist of a 6shael phase blade to town charge off the barb (if someone's at the edge of town hostiled, u can build charges off them by attacking them,fyi), then Grief PB on the switch! With an extra +15% ias, you'll fireclaw at 6 frames with fully charged Grief doing both ~14k fire+ physical from grief. And I know a lot of people will see this as...blehh, that's cheating, but with maul's handicapped damage it seems like the only fair way to compete. That sound like an interesting idea to try?

2. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

wups, I believe I meant 7 frames attack, my bad : /

3. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

I dunno. Without Lync what's your life going to be at? On paper it seems that you'll be extremely fragile with that setup. Can you give a ball park range of what your life would be? I'm thinking ~3-4k

Of course, the idea of stun locking with FC is tempting...

4. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

7fpa is to slow for Maul or fc IMO, 4fpa PB using Fireclaws bear with 1 in Maul, would still work far better.