Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fireclaw/'Geddon PVM Bear - Skillpoints after level 80 ifr

Discussion in 'Druid' started by ventilator, Apr 1, 2004.

1. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Fireclaw/'Geddon PVM Bear - Skillpoints after level 80

Hi all. I am currently in the process of building the aforementioned Fireclaw / Armageddon Bear, level 63 now, which shall put the Aldur's Watchtower Set to some use. Now this is not about how much this set sucks generally - I actually thinks this will work just fine for the build, but about my skill point distribution. So far I'm sure I'll put

20 Fireclaws
    20 Armageddon
    20 Volcano
    20 Molten Boulder
    1 Lycanthropy

with prereqs that adds up to 92 skill points which should be attainable at lvl 81.

Usually I get my chars to level 90 before I call them finished, so that leaves me with 9 more skillpoints to spent. But what to spend them on?

get lvl10 Firestorm for some more damage?
    get lvl10 Lycanthropy for added life?
    get lvl9 Oak sage for added life?
    get lvl1 Grizzly and lvl 5 Oak / lvl 5 Lyc?

Currently I am leaning towards the lvl1 Grizzly + lvl5 Lyc route, but I don't know if that poor bear will just vanish at the mere sight of the most lowly Hell monster, thus not helping me, thus meaning my points would've been spent better elsewhere.

Any recommendations?

2. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

IMO you've got a good setup already.

**OPTION1: To power up even more than I suggest looking into SHOCKWAVE for a few points. The stun length is actually quite decent and allows the ARMA to actaully hit alot of times. Also, in cases where there are FIRE immune mosnters, you stunning them consistantly while your allies/mercs hack away is an extremely viable option.

** OPTION2: A bear doesnt suck actually. You see the summoning tree is passive bonuses meaning PLUS SKILLS work. Thus have 1 in RAVES, SPIRIT, DIRE, and Grizzly and have say PLUS 7 skills would equate to level 8 grizzly wth level 8 bonuses from DIRE and Spirit WOlves. Also INVEST 1 point into SHOCKWAVE at the very very very least. You WANT IT.

**OPTION3: ALSO GET 1 pt into shockwave. But you pump the remaining points into your shapeshifting skills. In your case I suggest WEREBEAR becasue your PVM for sure and that makes more sense.

p.s. Of all the options, I like option 2=3>1. Meaning Option2 and 3 are tied. All depends if you want some little spice in your life vs the loner, Im a tank attitude.

3. ventilator

omg, rather than helping me choose one of the options I had been thinking about you present me even more :) But yes, I had been looking at Shockwave and it sure is appealing in many respects. It would give me a lot of crowd control not only for FI monsters but also for non FI while my Armageddon rains down on them. I'll probably give it at least one point. As for the rest, I still don't know. Maybe a little synergy and a little Lyc. One point in Oak just for the sake of having one, it's getting annoying being asked where my Oak is all of the time :)

And yes, striktly PvM for this furball, 8 FPA from ShaelShaelShael Arldur Mace just wouldn't cut it PvP

4. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Consider going wolf and putting the rest of your points in fury for FIs. I have a geddon/fury wolf with final points in fireclaws - works well. Though if you're stuck to a bear, max either werebear or maul and yes, get 1 pt in shockwave.

I suggest going with shael'd azurewrath and adding an IAS jewel to your gear. This gets you to 6 frames with a good mix of damage for maul and fireclaws. Charge up maul and use fireclaws as your main attack, using maul now and then to keep the charge up. This way you get a nice stunning attack with good physical damage at a very fast speed along with insane fire damage.

If you can't afford azurewrath, leave a shael'd ribcracker in it's un-upgraded form and use highlords and you'll have a 7 frame attack that has huge CB (quick boss kills) and decent physical damage - but no shield.

5. ventilator

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am actually hell-bent on using full Aldur's Watchtower. I am building this char just for that set. So no weapon options for me. Furthermore, I thought that for Druids in there Wereform only WIAS is taken into account for the swing speed breakpoints. Am I wrong there?

6. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I'm building the same bear but for pvp. I would probably put the rest in lycantrophy for more life as the dmg is still quite good.

But the idea to put some in summonings is quite good as it gives some nice tanks.

C-Beat

7. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Some off weapon IAS helps, but nothing like WIAS. The werewolf form has off weapon IAS bonuses for putting points into it, which is why so much focus goes into WIAS - the off weapon IAS is negated by the amount you get from the skill.

8. TheMeat

TheMeat IncGamers Member

Hey how do you kill stuff with a 12 second duration?

9. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

dont really matter, just recast it.

C-Beat