fireclaw druid

alexandrux

Diabloii.Net Member
fireclaw druid

gore/sandstorms/waterwalks?
max last sinergy or max lycantrophy/werewolf?
jalal upped with facet or um ?
pb 6 shael/pb 4 shael 2 um, 2 um = 50% ow, with duress and gore = 97% ow?

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
gore/sandstorms/waterwalks?
max last sinergy or max lycantrophy/werewolf?
jalal upped with facet or um ?
pb 6 shael/pb 4 shael 2 um, 2 um = 50% ow, with duress and gore = 97% ow?

Jalal's upped with Ber (to max my DR as I don't use dungo's)

I prefer Rare boots with r/w, fhr, and resists

pb= 4x shael, 2x 100ar/15 ias jewels (or 4x shael, 2x resists/ias jewels)

you could facet your jalals if you're using a dungo's setup I guess

I prefer lycantrophy over maxing the last synergy

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree on maxing Lync. IMO survivability > damage.

This is a build that wouldn't use Fort, right? The ED would be wasted. Would CoH be the better choice?

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree on enigma, u can always find resists.... but I totally disagree on Lycanthropy:

Take my word for it, I go 100% fire synergies and even with no facets I crank 16-17k damage @ 5.3k life. Ask any dueler, damage is the key to victory, and what good is 3k more life if you haven't the power to back it up. Here's the funny thing too, I only use 3 shapers.... if you chose to use 8-9 shaper/lifeys you'd honestly be cranking out 22k fireclaws with a few facets. Now this is only if you go hardcore on synergies (clvl 90 per se), if you choose to water it down and only throw like 40 points into fire, you'll only do like half the damage. This is just another point of few, but I've made 4 different fireclaws in my day so this isn't just what I figured on paper ^^

Oh yeah, and perfect aldurs boots are a pretty good balance with stormshield I found ><

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
I couldn't disagree more

I've made fireclaws both ways

I crank about 15k damage out of a setup, that if I prebuff, I can easily top 8k life (with only 1 point in sage).

If someone's gonna sorb you, 15k or 18ish k isn't gonna make much difference.

I have 2 level 92 fireclaw druids..in some cases the extra damage is nice, but most of the time massive life is much better, especially in general pub dueling when you are chasing casters a lot.

if you're gonna strictly duel melee characters, then yeah, go damage

but general pub setup definately go with the lycan setup

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
I couldn't disagree more

I've made fireclaws both ways

I crank about 15k damage out of a setup, that if I prebuff, I can easily top 8k life (with only 1 point in sage).

If someone's gonna sorb you, 15k or 18ish k isn't gonna make much difference.

I have 2 level 92 fireclaw druids..in some cases the extra damage is nice, but most of the time massive life is much better, especially in general pub dueling when you are chasing casters a lot.

if you're gonna strictly duel melee characters, then yeah, go damage

but general pub setup definately go with the lycan setup
I guess we just have slightly different play styles. Since my life is in the 5k range, it isn't impressive but enough to hold my own... I guess I compare my build mostly identical with a Javazon build. They get just enough dodge and stuff to suit their needs, then stack all out light damage so they can finish the target quick before they die. Also, it helps their projectile damage too.
In the same way, I tend to play more finess, I guess, and use fissure almost more than bearform since I'm always moving/teleing around so I need all the damage I can get... fissure with lots of lower resist is like one of the few ways I have a chance against ww barbs/smiters at times... and if it does like 1.2k damage I'm fudged :[
So yeah, your right that would be better for bearform but I tend to play more hybrid so it fits my style, I spose, I believe ya though :grin:

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess we just have slightly different play styles. Since my life is in the 5k range, it isn't impressive but enough to hold my own... I guess I compare my build mostly identical with a Javazon build. They get just enough dodge and stuff to suit their needs, then stack all out light damage so they can finish the target quick before they die. Also, it helps their projectile damage too.
In the same way, I tend to play more finess, I guess, and use fissure almost more than bearform since I'm always moving/teleing around so I need all the damage I can get... fissure with lots of lower resist is like one of the few ways I have a chance against ww barbs/smiters at times... and if it does like 1.2k damage I'm fudged :[
So yeah, your right that would be better for bearform but I tend to play more hybrid so it fits my style, I spose, I believe ya though :grin:
:)

there are definately specific sitiuations where one might be better than the other

but 7k life w/o oak is pretttty nice