Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fireclaw Bear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by krisjeh, May 17, 2008.

1. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

Fireclaw Bear

Hi, I am currently thinking of making a new fc bear and I would like some piece of advice here.

First of all, will it be sufficient without those godly 3/20/20 etc. charms? Since I can't afford them at present state.

Do you think it is better than the flaming rabies build? (besides looking way cooler :p)

And is it an all-rounded nice char for some public action, since I will be playing on public ones most of the time anyway?

Thanks in advance, any advice is welcome :)

2. frums

frums IncGamers Member

Re: Fireclaw Bear

3/20/20's are a waste on a fireclaw bear, you need 9xshapeskillers(with life preferably)
    i like it a lot for pubs, though there are some opponents that are very unlikely to beat (eg smiters...)
    i suggest you read jary fc guide, and verashidens flaming/rabies, and decide for yourself what appeals most to you
    good luck!

3. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

yeah I did read them both, just wanted an extra opinion. I played a fury/rabies one before but somewhy I had trouble hitting people although I had around 15k ar.
    thanks for the reply !

4. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

jary has an fc druid guide ? news to me.
    try reading MY guide instead. way more upto date. http://fcdruid.tripod.com/fc.html. or check the guide stickies.

i dont know why you would use 3/20/20's. this isnt a physical damage dealing fury wolf so it would be pointless. not to mention it will take away over half of your fire damage, which this char is based upon !

an fc druid is alot better than a flaming rabies build.

fc druids are fun and easy to play in pubs. most people are idiots there and wont have a clue what happened when you one hit ko them. even with basic gear. although with more experienced/wealthy people (they do exist in pubs) theres a bit more of a learning curve.

5. frums

frums IncGamers Member

sorry for the mixup there, i was just awake xd

6. superjayson

ahhah no worries bro

7. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

oh yeah, that's what I read. really nice piece of work there dude, helped me a lot. it seems fun to me and I will prolly give it a try, the only thing I'm a bit worried about are the resists, with the gear suggested they wont hit near max or do they? I have never properly played with a melee char with no teleport, hope I can still kill something tho. :p

8. superjayson

max res is possible, but obviously thats easier said than done. get a hold of some res all/life or a single res/life sc's. or if you can find 15ias/15resall jewels for your pb thats 30 res right there (remember you need 110ias on pb to hit 4frames)

my fc druid has max fire/light/cold res with a bit of stack. poison is a bit lower, but you wont have to worry about poison much. and for when you do put on some treks.

what you cant get with your gear you can always make up for with charms.

9. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Aside from more Fire Damage, how are they better? Flaming Rabies sacrifices fire damage for a secondary attack that can either force the tempo or kill the opponent after one attack. Pure FC is better against Melee, yet I find Flaming Rabies fairs better against high mobility casters.

10. superjayson

flaming rabies of old maybe, but now i find them to be too much of a hybrid. i find you need really, really good gear to be be successful. id give flaming rabies the edge against casters though. rabies > casters.

11. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying since it has to spend the points into Creeper now it's too much of a Hybrid?

Yes, it does need good gear to be effective, especially to hit good life totals.

12. superjayson

if you want to look at vs melee and casters seperately then fc druid > flaming rabies vs melee and flaming rabies > fc druid vs casters.

if you want to look at it over all then fc druid > flaming rabies.
    rabies is better vs casters, but even then both fireclaws and rabies only need one hit to KO most casters and both have the exact same problem with playing catch the mouse vs one. although anyone with minion stack is a whole different story and the advantage goes to the flaming rabies.

i think its too much of a hybrid cause you're basically taking a weaker fireclaws and a weaker rabies and putting it into one char. it still makes a pretty decent char i just dont think that puts them over the top with an fc druid. Unless you have almost perfect gear then i think its an interesting challenge.