Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fireclaw bear?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by zuriel, Oct 17, 2006.

1. zuriel

zuriel IncGamers Member

fireclaw bear?

Well, I recently watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hpa0aWcIM&NR

It appears that bear fireclaws damage is godly; granted, I have no idea what gear his opponents were using, or how much life they had.

What I'd like to know is this: how does bear fireclaws damage compare to wolf fury/rabies damage, in both pvp and pvm settings?

2. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

LAWL so that's 4 frame claw...

Um... yeah, he shouldn't have more than like... 12k without facets, right?

Anyways, it's debatable over with is better. I guess it's justmainly on do you wanna Bear, and don't mind the possibility of being sorbed. Or do you wanna Wolf?

Lol if I had the gear I'd make a FC Bear :)

EDIT- He had a GT on switch. I'm too lazy to get the calc so is 120 the bp for 4 frame with a polearm?

3. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

fireclaws is great for killing noobs but alot weaker vs someone with a brain.
    the guy doesn't even use a good phase blade - 5 shael plain ias jewel is just stupid.
    most of these were just clicked on and held until they died.

4. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

double post..for emphasis :rolleyes:

5. Apophis

Apophis Banned

i see the bear weak too.. :) those pvpers were begginers.. and he was kinda medium so.. :)

6. Verashiden

Well yeah. But we're dicussing the build itself. All the guy did was name lock : /.

He had about 10k AR IIRC which puts him in the higher end of FC AR. Also, can Shift FC auto target? I know Rabies can minorly but sadly my experience with bears is VERY limited :(.

7. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

10k AR is HARDLY on the high end of FC ar.

My bear runs 21k w/o Angelics, and can reach 30k in bear form, 50k in wolf.

Just watched the video, the guy's not half bad. As far as the namelock comment, fireclaws not being anything like fury, it's a bit harder to Shift fireclaws than shift fury

All things considered, this guy's build was done incredibly on the cheap. Snowclash, chains of honor? 5 shael pb?, plain shapeshifting gc's?

However, gotta give the kid props, he made a decent video...should have left his equipment off though

lol

8. Within

Within IncGamers Member

True :shocked:

9. Verashiden

XD See? I told you I know nothing about Bears.

My apologies. I remember hearing somewhere that FC AR was ~10k average.

How do you get 20+K AR? I'm curious.

Also, can the build be done on the "cheap"? I thought it was one of the more gear dependent builds.

Oh, and I wasn't dissing the name locking. It just reminds me too much of Pallys u_u.

Finally, without access to something like Feral, what kind of FRW would you need to have this build be viable against casters? Would it be the same as a Wolf?

10. naturebunns

well to be honest, if you REALLY need frw, you can switch to wolf form and use feral. Personally, I just think any fc build should use Enigma and be done with the r/w problem.

as far as ar, demon limb enchant is an easy way to get some free ar, I also use a 4x shael 2x 100ar/15ias phase as my standard phase (that and a perfect metalgrid, perfect raven add a good bit)

Also get some from charms (albeit not a ton, I love rw/36 AR sc's)

11. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Nature, i can get easily over 200% frw on my dru, about 250 in wolf, simply because to bring the above average newb sorcs & zons down {as ttp sort of said}, you need to really pick up some speed.

I dont have any +ar charms, instead i have +frw skillers & sc's, and lots of frw gear switches.

But i also have 2.2k hp, and can only stand up to a smiter if i get the first hit in.

Btw, 11k ar without angelics, no +ar gear {except 1 rubbish frost}. With angelics I get 19ish, which seems to do the job unless theres some barb allied with an exile palli.

12. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

:amend:

I also dont have a limb yet, mephy isnt being nice to me.

On the note of this video...heh.

I can assume that hes using snow clash for minor absorbance. But if hes going to use it for absorbance, then why not go all out and actually stack resistance properly too?

My bear has 250+ res all at all times {again only 2.2k hp lol}, and can easily stack 340 to light & cold, and stack maxed res to 90/85/85/95 at the sacrifice of some damage and speed to the point that only higher levels of plague and rabies actually drain me {although very slowly}, while everything else heals me.

Also, my druid is a big bloody newbit of a build, and I didnt invest hardly anything into his gear other than maybe his weapon.

This guy was showing off how easily he killed a tal sorc, and the few lucky shots he got off on a bvc barb who most likely didnt think the druid was worth going to his stash to get on that one dwarf star it would take to laught at his damage.

Do note how often his hp bar went down although vrs all those duels. My beaer has pathetic hip points, but I rarely walk away with less than half unless its vrs someone who I can barly touch {barb/smiters}. In that case its either I die or they die.

The point that he runs the entire time is bad. The point that he forgot to use /donotpickup and made a movie is annoying {plx kiba}.

But atleast he killed guys and made a bear look good.

13. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

lol, cute vid, sorta nubbish bear. I mean, pRuby in his jalal? One 15ias? Well, he was so cute in it I'll give him props 'cause it reminds me of my bear a while back. I think everyone can see though, if the kid had an annihilus, proper lifey GC's, and a lil' more speed, how deadly Fireclaw can be. Personally I'd go 20/-20 monarch vs casters like hammerdins, necros, sorcs. He should also not be wasting anghellics on casters, he should be able to use 2 ravens and +3shape-lifey ammy and stay at around 14-15k ar, well at least mine is. Then go anghellics for that 26k ar boost vs barbs or smite. Oh yeah... I felt sad, he had no cta :[ I wanted to show up and give my bear brother a boost.
    I think Nature should make a vid

14. naturebunns

personally, I love a raven/wisp/metalgrid setup vs casters

nice balance for pubs

15. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

this looks like an in-house game to me. people in pubs normally put tons of sorb on. 95% fire resist + rising sun is not hard to attain.

16. Vortexh

Vortexh IncGamers Member

Well its kinda fun checking out this forum for the first time in 4 month and see my noob movie which I made only so my friend could have a laugh at the bears attack speed.

The movie was so far from a â€skilled†one, It took about 1 hour to frap this movie by joining duells duels games, my gear was kinda weird because I showed my gear when I had some random crap on, not my normally set up.

I have about 32k ar with limbs, I use CoH becuase I have really low resist, there is no P ruby in my helm its a 5/5 fire facet, I also use Verdungos with 40 vit and 2300 hp, 13-15k fire dmg.

My gear is very budget because I simply couldn't afford anything if u wonder.

also yeh hes phaseblade has 5 shaels and 1 15 ias jewel, couldn't afford anything better.

When I made this movie I didnt even play d2, I installed the game and frapped=9, I had 2 days left on my bear before it would have been experied rest of my mules were gone etc, so yeh this movie has nothing with skills or anything seriouse to do with.

but if u can get the best gear, life charms etc the bear can become alot better.

but yeh I dont play d2 anymore

17. naturebunns

nice editing job imo though

18. Verashiden

Especially the replay of you one hitting the pally :)

19. Treguard

Treguard IncGamers Member

Im just wondering what the best way is to put your skills, i made a wearbear like this once a long while back.

20 firestorm
    20 moulten boulder
    20 fissure
    20 volcano

1 werewolf
    1 lycranthopy (spare skills topped in here)
    1 werebear
    1 maul
    1 shockwave
    20 fireclaws

1 oak sage

now my dmg was massive but my life with charms and good gear i had only about just over 2k life,

would it be better to lose 1 or 2 of the fire skills and add more in lycranthopy or would it be best to do another way, he had huge life at 6k on his video, I like the idea of fire claw but wondered if i put too much on fire skills for the fireclaw making me have less life,

a few words of wisdom would be great, thanks

20. naturebunns

simple solution: don't max all 4 synergies