Fireclaw bear versus Smiters/WW

mrtyronebiggums

Diabloii.Net Member
Fireclaw bear versus Smiters/WW

Hey I've been playing as a fire claw bear and smiters are untouchable. With angelics on I have 22k attack rating and still can't consistently hit them.

What are some strategies against smiters and also against whirlwinders?

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey I've been playing as a fire claw bear and smiters are untouchable. With angelics on I have 22k attack rating and still can't consistently hit them.

What are some strategies against smiters and also against whirlwinders?
<sigh> yeah, I hate smiters and ww too :wink3: . I've tried range 5 vs smite and it just doesn't work 'cause fhr on bears is too weak

I guess, my advice is that you can't beat them at their own game, so you have to revert to option B: Fissure. 'Cause no matter what you do, if the smiter uses Exile and has 80% fire resist+ you'll have no chance... even if you get close they'll tap you and you're finished ><

My advice, run back and get your "fissure equipment"
Ravenlore
+3ele ammy
30/-30 pb, 20/-20 monarch (not cheap, but best option)

My tactic that I'll use, and this is really cheap but it just owns, is to find a bush or obstacle to keep yourself inbetween you and the smiter/barb. Just keep stacking fissures around yourself, and when your opponent has to slow down to run around and get you, just let him ring around the rosie a whole circle till he dies. Bvc are predictable, they always teleport into ww, its soo friggin' predictable :wink3: ... just cast ontop yourself and dodge the ww as soon as he's gonna' tele again and keep moving back and forth ><. Dont run away if he gets you, just hold your ground or you'll take even more damage. Usually what happens though is once they do it twice and lose like 3/4 their life, they just give up and go heal mehh, but w/e

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, summon 5 spirit wolves/ravens while your moving around and fissuring to throw off his aim... basically your job is to just confuse him with all the clutter and get him to chase you around a few secs till he dies, anyways...gl. lata playa

Lord Nyax

Banned
Give me one second, I need to do something. :grin:

Okey, all done. One more sec to get it set up.

<sigh> yeah, I hate smiters and ww too :wink3: . I've tried range 5 vs smite and it just doesn't work 'cause fhr on bears is too weak

I guess, my advice is that you can't beat them at their own game, so you have to revert to option B: Fissure. 'Cause no matter what you do, if the smiter uses Exile and has 80% fire resist+ you'll have no chance... even if you get close they'll tap you and you're finished ><

My advice, run back and get your "fissure equipment"
Ravenlore
+3ele ammy
30/-30 pb, 20/-20 monarch (not cheap, but best option)

My tactic that I'll use, and this is really cheap but it just owns, is to find a bush or obstacle to keep yourself inbetween you and the smiter/barb. Just keep stacking fissures around yourself, and when your opponent has to slow down to run around and get you, just let him ring around the rosie a whole circle till he dies. Bvc are predictable, they always teleport into ww, its soo friggin' predictable :wink3: ... just cast ontop yourself and dodge the ww as soon as he's gonna' tele again and keep moving back and forth ><. Dont run away if he gets you, just hold your ground or you'll take even more damage. Usually what happens though is once they do it twice and lose like 3/4 their life, they just give up and go heal mehh, but w/e
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, summon 5 spirit wolves/ravens while your moving around and fissuring to throw off his aim... basically your job is to just confuse him with all the clutter and get him to chase you around a few secs till he dies, anyways...gl. lata playa
Better way

More on-topic: As a Fireclaw druid, you chose to go against the regular stream of BNet PvPers. Unfortunately, most of the BNet PvPers are copying, almost exactly, other, more intelligent people, who designed very strong characters. Nothing against the Fireclaw druid, but against a similarly equipped Smiter/WW-Barb, you're not going to be able to win, even some of the time. The Smiter's Knockback is simply too...difficult to overcome. It makes for a lot of very angry Druids...:angry:

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
<sigh> lol. "more intelligent players"? :rolleyes: hopefully Nature won't hear you say that or he'll show up in your realm to collect your char's soul ><.

Just like cs zons, fireclaw has the potential to be reaaally powerful too, kid. With lvl 42 Fireclaw and 45% in facets (jalal, armor, monarch), were talking potential 22-24k damage with -45% enemy resists too. If were talking raw damage over time, as in killing cows, etc, Fireclaw has one of the highest damage outputs in the game, but against cheap uninteruptible attacks like smite and ww you have to find other means of winning, that's all.

Fissure is just part of the build so I dont concider using it cheap. If your gonna' have a powerful fireclaw bear you need to have desc fissure damage... that'd be like having a cs zon with crappy lightning fury, doesn't make any sense:laugh: