Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fireclaw Bear Questions

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Jova1, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

Fireclaw Bear Questions

Having fun with my fireclaw bear so far, except against fire immunes damn :(, but have a few questions. This is more for pvp, non ladder.

Level 77 at the moment.
    Wear
    Jalals
    Chains of honor
    110 ias phase blade
    Storm shield
    mara's
    bk and raven frost ring
    IK gaunts, boots and belt

1) How do i increase my life.

I have about 190 in vit and 2.5k life with oak sage.

I have 10 ss charms, none with life mod, that would help i guess.

I have maxed fireclaws and two of the synergies and 5 points each in the remaining 2 synergies.

1 point in lycanthropy and oak sage.

I think it was coldarmy that stated his bear has level 37 lycanthropy, I followed his guide so wonder how its possible.

Fireclaws does 8-9k fire damage, I do not think more damage is necessary. So should I max lycanthropy, place 10 points there or leave it at one point?

2) Is it possible to have a 6 socket phase blade with added attack rating as a mod.

3) Should I use 2 skill points to have cyclone armor, with plus skills it may help me against elemental attacks. Is it worth it?

4) I do ok in duels, if i get a hit or two in its great, but find it hard to duel wolves. for some reason I cant get a hit in. Is it cause of my level, the wolves I dueled were in the 90s. Is it my attack rating, its about 8k. At one point the wolves get cocky and just sit there and don't attack, I'm swinging away at 4 frames for a few seconds and don't land a single hit.

5) How do you handle charger pallys? Met one in a game with 4k life and the pally would charge at me and there was not much I could do.

I beat the pally once, yippee, somehow landed one hit and it was enough.

6) Are fireclaw bears not liked by other druids. The two high level wolves, one used rabies, did not seem to like fireclaws, i guess they thought it was cheap or something.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

1] Get better charms, that's a huge thing. Prebuff your spirit and your Lycanthropy.

2] Superior Phase Blades can have 6 Sockets and up to 15% ED and up to +3AR, that's without anything in the sockets.

3] AFIAK CA can be precast.

4] You need more AR to duel someone of that level. I would want more than 8k AR anyway.

5] I used to use Shockwaves, shift attacks, and sidesteps a lot against Chargers in 1.09. Most people don't use Shockwave though. Charge to Smite combos can be a pain.

6] People don't like a lot of builds, but really Rabies isn't any less "cheap" than Fire Claws.

3. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

I'd like to point out that shockwave isn't worth using vs an opponent with 75% block, since it can now be blocked. It works awesome agianst people without block though.

4. VictusMetuo

I'd like to point out again that it was blockable in 1.09 also. It's always been that way. And yes it is worth it to use if you know what you are doing, otherwise it's a waste. The skill is a great asset.

5. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help VictusMetuo

1) I prebuff with fleash render and lidless on the switch. If I can afford one a call to arms weapon may be better, for the battle command and battle orders warcry.

How is level 37 lycanthropy possible with out adding more than 1 skill point in that skill?

2) So is a phase blade with 100+ AR and 110 ias possible some people say they have this.

3) Please explain further

4) What ar should I aim for. Is more points in dex rather than vit necessary to achieve higher ar.

Thanks.

6. VictusMetuo

1] His guide says he only has level 22 Lycanthropy. You could aquire +27 by prebuffing and 28 if you use Battle Command. If you had a + 3 SS +3 Lyc helm you could get +30 max. So a level 31 Lycanthropy Shift with 1 base point.

2] A perfect AR 110 IAS Phase would have 203 AR, 100 from each jewel and 3 from superior.

3] Casting it before you shift, with an item that has CA on it.

4] For a FCB I'd say at least 10k. Higher would of course be better. For more AR just use more items/sockets/charms that give +AR. Pumping Dex isn't really worth it.

7. ReallFugitive

Oh really...... You don't say? I used it ALOT in 1.09 with my shaman thingie watchamacallit and I never noticed it being blockable. Maybe I was just good?

8. VictusMetuo

You're the only one who has said it wasn't blockable in 1.09. Maybe you just didn't notice it.

9. ReallFugitive

Yeah I didnt' notice it I guess. But I never really had problems with people blocking it until 1.10, it seems to suck now in dueling most classes but used to be good?

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

It has always been blockable.

11. VictusMetuo

Yeah, it was good, and still can be. It's basically if you learn to use it well, it will give you an added bonus. I can't stand Bears without Shockwave in PvM or PvP. I feel so limited without it.

The Hybrid Mauler I was working on would have a 9+ second stun swirl on anything, so it would induce FHR for hits within that 9 seconds. Plus it clears SW's out in one hit, but I would rather use Hunger on them and get some nice life back.

12. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

13. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

14. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Mang Song's Lesson gives you +5 to all skills, more than any weapon/lidless combo FYI. It's THE prebuffing item (unless your going ofr life, then it's call to arms because of BO).

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Fleshrender + lidless.

16. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Thats still only +4, but it is cheaper.

17. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

lets see, my lycanthropy at shift is level... 40!

I use stone rune word for second synergy, which means my fire claws damage is 7.4k - a little lower, but still 1 - 2 hit kills most everyone.

also - level has something to do with chance to hit. i'm not sure exactly how it works, but you can have all the ar in the world at say lvl 30 and will hardly ever hit a lvl 99 char. I noticed this the first time when I was dueling a paladin who was lvl 96 when i was lvl 73. my attack rating was 14k, and he said his defense was 4k. I swung at him forever before landing hits with my bear. It HAS to be something to do with this. Or maybe lag. Damn lag demon.