Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fireball or Firewall?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Brona, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Brona

Brona IncGamers Member

Fireball or Firewall?

Ok, have to redo my sorc yet again cause at 85 I got a wiz spike and of course had nowhere near the dex req. So i gotta redo her.

I've wondering on whether to switch to fireball as my second. Firewall of course does great damage, but its to slow and doesn't work well with moving opponents unless I can stand there and take a hit or three. WIth 75 dex, I might be able to do that, i dunno.

I know next to nothing about fireball though. Hows its high end damage? I'll be maxing Blizz and about 17 to CM and FM, maxing one fire skill, and the rest to GS. I know FB casts much faster, and its easier to target, but if it can't kill at the high end then there's no point.

2. WarHymn

WarHymn IncGamers Member

Fireball is only viable if you get max Meteor/FM, so dont really think about going Fba is your second spell. Event tought Firewall is "slow" get a decent merc and youll be able to kill the Cold Immunes Very easily.

If i understood correctly your going for a main cold skill build. If not refer to the stickied meteorb build

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Fireball @ lvl 93 does about 4.5k damage for me. This is when following the Meteorb guide with Max FM, Max Meteor, Max Fireball and rest in Firebolt (bout 12 or so invested).

BTW, this is with full Rasha set, Magefist and 1 Fire Skiller.

***Edit***

FW is slugish at least. You NEED a tank for FW to work. It does good damage when applied properly of course, and there's no synergy involved, but the workings of the spell seriously impair it's killing capability.

4. Mike Autrey

Mike Autrey IncGamers Member

haha

ok listen to me, do this. first set your self up with fire sorc gear.
    Then these are the skills you should max.

1. firebolt-TRUST ME MAX IT
    2. fireball- Main attack
    3. Meteor-good for meph and gives fb skill damage (so does firebolt)
    4. and fire mastery

I have done these in the new patch and is working swell.

the damage of fb is 11,271 for me. put a couple of points on tele and static
    as well. this build will own. trust me :):):):)

5. wind

wind IncGamers Member

I doubt 20 in fireball and 1 in FM will only be of use if you're rather patient at killing CI monsters. At those levels with +10 skills each fireball will deal just under 900 damage. You'll probably be running tping away and have to kill them one or two at a time. And if you're in 8p you'd be better off maxing blizz synergies seeing that fireball at that level will hardly make a dent.

Firewall on the other hand will be doing just over 4700 damage per second at similiar levels, counting the +10 skills of coarse. However I find that it works best with a well equiped and high level merc. He'll have to keep the monsters in place long enough for FW to do its job.