fireball/frozen orb sorc help

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
fireball/frozen orb sorc help

Ok I have looked through the sticky but couldnt really find what I was looking for in a build.

I am wanting a Fire Ball / Frozen Orb major MF sorc. Would like to get her around 450-500 mf if possible.

Now what I really need to know is where to put the skills for best results, and where to put stat pts so that I dont waste them.

As far as gear goes, give me what you think is the best to have considering skills being used and mf the I am after.

Right now I have a light sorc that I followed the guide with and she is awesome, Now lvl 94 almost 95, only problem is that she has little to no mf. Although she does up to 11.5 K dmg CL and over 20 something K light dmg.
She rocks fo the pits and for countess.

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
A Meteorb will give you what you're looking for. If you're sure you'll never ever touch the Meteor attack, pump Fire Bolt instead and save the prereqs for Meteor (you'll miss out, though). Mf gear is discussed in the guide. Good luck :)

pncwd

Diabloii.Net Member
sasja said:
A Meteorb will give you what you're looking for. If you're sure you'll never ever touch the Meteor attack, pump Fire Bolt instead and save the prereqs for Meteor (you'll miss out, though). Mf gear is discussed in the guide. Good luck :)
Ok this i can figure out,, but the gear thing has got me, mainly because of the spirit runeword

this is what I am thinking

shako ( p topaz ) (74 mf)
tals ammy (65 mf with the three being worn)
tals armor ( p topaz ) (87 mf)
tals belt (15 mf)
Chancies (40 mf)
Travs (50 mf)
ali baba ( 2x ist ) (60+ mf)
spirit monarch
1 soj
1 nagle (30 mf)

on switch would be spirit shield and cta

Now would i get a biger mf from that or from skullders, mf ammy, and goldwrap.

My ultimate goal here is the most mf without loosing alot of killing speed, most common I guess, but if I have to give any it would be in the killing speed instead of the mf.

At lvl 90 the first set up would give me 511 without any charms but how would it rank in killing speed. And what is the cast rate break point for the FB. meotor and FO neither need fcr (if I remember correctly) due to timed castings.

So am I headed in the right direction?

k/t

Banned
Tal's armor has ** MF, and with the Topaz it will be 112.

Someone gave me a Tal armor and I kept trying to figure out the same thing, in terms of armor and belt choice. Since Tal's armor gives resists, I could take off the Wizardspike and use Occy instead, but then I'd need something else from another piece of gear, so I decided to continue using Skullder's since I had made my sorc to fit the gear I had and acquired the Tal's armor subsequently.

Oh, and Nagelrings suck. I have a magic ring that gives 39% MF, and I do believe I have a couple that give in the low 30s.

0 - 13 frames
9 - 12 frames
20 - 11 frames
37 - 10 frames
63 - 9 frames
105 - 8 frames
200 - 7 frames

I don't believe you'll make it to 63.