Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fireball Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Murderface, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Murderface

Murderface IncGamers Member

Fireball Barb

I was reading a guide about a fireball templar pally build, and i had the idea for a fireball barbarian. Since barbarians can hold 2 weapons, they could get more + skills or stats. I'd like help designing one, so if people could respond with ideas, that would be great. It would be build upon 2 pieces of the trang's set to get level 18 fireball.

2. zzzwindzzz

zzzwindzzz IncGamers Member

this would be the most noobies pvp guide ever... u would do like 500 damge wih fireball if the person has 0 fire res 75 fire res would make it like 50 damge i think 90 res (hotsurs)wouldmake its like 5 damage each than u add iin some sorb (rising sun) ur pretty much healing

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Who said anything about PvP?

Not a cookie cutter build for sure, but I'm sure it'd be fun to play through if you like to PvM with actual strategy. I say give it a go.

4. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Well it could work till the end of Nightmare, that is where you start meeting fire immune doom knights.

5. Michux

Michux IncGamers Member

I got some ideas for you:

- Meduza's gaze has a nice ctc Lower Resist when struck, so u can add more damage and break immunities if your merc is using Infinity. However it requires a lot of strenght but you can try enigma.

- For fireball, how many pieces of trang set do u need? I think 3 so u are suppose to use helm belt (nice cannot be frozen mod) and gloves.

- enigma would be perfect if you want to cast the lower resist, just teleport to the mob and when it is on, teleport back.

- I was trying to make a build similar, using two lawbringers for the aura against the undead, but u can use dual hotos to increase your firebaal power.

- You have the ammy slot empty so you can try maras or rising sun.

- For boots you can try infernostride to be a complete fire barb (lol)

- And if you decide to use 2 lawbringers i think it could be better to use frenzy because they dont deal to much damage.

- If somebody has more ideas please add comments that i wanted to make a similar char before

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Fireball barbs are basically barbs with gears that are tuned to shooting fireballs. You can still be a WW / Ironman/ Frenzy barb if you like, since you will be touching almost NOTHING in the skill tree (except for the warcries..) to be a Fireball barb.

7. Murderface

Fireball barb

You only need 2 pieces of the set, so i was thinking helmet and gloves for the faster cast rate on the gloves. The belt's mods are slightly better, but i want to be able to use dungos. for lower levels i was thinking dual hexfires because that would still be +6 to fireball and they ignore defense. Later on i was thinking the dual hotos or other stuff like you guys. but i have a question: if i get items that give + to sorcress skill levels, would that count towards the fireball? if so, there could be many cheaper alternatives, and it would make this build more effective at lower levels. Keep the ideas coming

8. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

+sorc skills will not boost your fireball damage.

I'd go with the belt and gloves. Dungos is nice, theres more variety with hats, including the +resists, stats, defense, skills etc etc on arreats, a shako, a rare, many others. In addition to the hat slot leaving you with more versatility, the belt gives you CBF.

9. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Heck, you could even go with dual upgraded Hexfires, each socketed with Facets. That's +6 to Fireball right there, the same as dual HotOs. It could even open up some melee options as well. The slvl 6 Hydra charges (72 total dualwielding) add an extra little kick, even though they're somewhat weak.

BTW 2 Trang's items grant Fireball, 3 items grant Firewall, 4 items adds Meteor.

EDIT: owned by Murderface regarding Hexfires... took too long posting!

10. jgreg7

jgreg7 IncGamers Member

I've been reading about a similar build, based on this guide by Uzziah.
    (Note that the guide was written exploiting the synergy bug, which was fixed in 1.11.)

11. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

I don't want to be negative or something, but without the charge synergy bug, I don't see this build doing, much damage. Even at level 40 it will do around 600 damage per cast and don't even have conviction like pally's do...

12. ManhongBR

ManhongBR IncGamers Member

what about dual flame bellows (also has +3 fire skills per sword) & up to +18 to inferno per sword... wouldnt that bring you to a +42level inferno?

+6 for fireball (similar to dual hoto or hexfires)
    +18 fireball (Helm & Belt)
    +1 for fireskills (Magefist)
    +2 for fireskills (maras?/seraph)
    +1 for fireskills (Anni charm)
    +2 for fireskills (Enigma or CoH for res)

Granted that only gives you lvl 30 fireball (31 with warcry) & a lvl 49 inferno?
    Then socket fire facets in all your gear?

Infinity CV for merc,
    Is it possible to get a wand with Lower Resist Charges?

13. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Yes, it is.

14. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

You can get Lower Resist wands. They're a cheap switch weapon alternative for sorc's who lack Infinity.

15. Murderface

i actually do have 2 flame bellows on my current barbarian, yes it is fun to shoot a huge gout of flame, and it does deal some decent damage, but my mana just drops with it. the fireball barbarian would definitely need lots od +mana gear, maybe even dropping the magefists for frostburns...

16. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Pity you need the Gloves slot for either the +1 fire skills from mage fists or as part of the Trangs set...

Anyway, why has Wizardspike not come up?

Huge Mana, huge resists, huge FCR...

All good things...

Maybe weild Wizardspike + Hexfire with 2x Flamebellow on switch?

Laz

17. Murderface

yeah, good idea i hadn't though of that. instead of worrying about damage, i could go for crazy fast cast rate.

18. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

But IIRC a +3 fireball Ormus is buggy (...what isn't buggy in this game?) and does work toward your fireball.

Uzziah's magebarian thing used Warcry to first stun and then laid down firewalls and fireballs. It sounds like it'll be tough, but I tried it once (and I'd love to try it again if I can get a complete Trang set when a new ladder starts) and you get the hang of it after a while.