Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Zon Ideas

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by DeadlyMoose, Mar 28, 2004.

1. DeadlyMoose

DeadlyMoose IncGamers Member

Fire Zon Ideas

I've been looking for a Fire Zon guide or good thread and havne't been able to find one. I have just found a wf and need some input on how to build this char. Please point me in the right direction through advice or guides. Thx

2. DeadlyMoose

DeadlyMoose IncGamers Member

Do i max all three fire arrow skills and get high pierce?
    What about gear?

3. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Just a guess but to max all fire skills, some in D/A/E, valk, pierce etc.. Gearwise some ias for 8-9 fps shooting, frosts, maras or +2 zon/leech/mods ammy, verdungo/tgods/string would work, +2 zon/ias/leech craft gloves would be good, gores maybe or travs, chains/ed/ias armor, wf or HoJ, Never made one, just going on what friends/other people have said and done.

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

With nothing but mostly high physical damage, windforce is highly the ideal choice for a fire/immo zon. Ideal choice would be hand of justice bow, buriza or even kuko.

5. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Windforce is probably more suited for a strafazon rather than for fire since it doesn't have enough +skills (which boosts your fire damage). The positive side of this though is that it has high damage + mana leech so you can gain back the mana used during immo.

Knockback doesn't work for a fire-zon either since it knocks the monsters off the firewalls.

I think basically, go with a vamp fire/strafe set up. Max immo/explode arrow(to do more fire damage on impact) and strafe away while the timer is on. Take the damage from the firewalls as a bonus.

Otherwise, the usual gear, you need a balance of +skills and damage. Use ravenfrost/bk rings (ar, CBF, +1 skill, LL) razortail (pierce), gores, 20%ias/+2 bow skills etc

Stats, go with base energy since you have wf to leech mana for you.

6. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Don't forget the MELODY RUNEWORD. Since you can slap it into a plus 3 Bow and Crossbow Skill Tree Socketed Bow, you can have great plus skills.

For the HoJ, watch that the Fire Aura doesn't attract unwanted monsters to you. This is a problem since you can't use knockback with Fire skills. You'll definately need a decent Valk for this. I would concentrate on the D&E of D/A/E.

I also recommend something like a Windforce on Weaponswitch. You'll have a decent number of +Bow skills to get decent Strafe or GA or MA. Windforce does have knockback on the bow, so you can use it with MS, situationally.

Kuko, is still a great bow for this build. Probably the best. Best of luck.

7. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I wanted to correct myself. I like Melody on my Freezing Arrow Zon. It will hurt your Immolation Zon, since Melody does have knockback on it.

I stand by the Kuko. It will help a bunch. No bad mods. Depending on the strength requirements for your weaponswitch. I'd consider upgrading the Kuko. But Kuko should save you a lot of points in Pierce.

Melody 3 Socket Missile Weapons Shael + Ko + Nef +50% Enhanced Damage
    +300% Damage To Undead
    +3 To Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
    +3 To Critical Strike (Amazon Only)
    +3 To Dodge (Amazon Only)
    +3 To Slow Missiles (Amazon Only)
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    +10 To Dexterity
    Knockback

Kuko Shakaku
    Cedar Bow
    Two-Hand Damage: (25-28) To (72-81) (48.5-54.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 33
    Required Strength: 53
    Required Dexterity: 49
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    +150-180% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Fires Explosive Arrows Or Bolts [Level 7]
    Piercing Attack (50)
    Adds 40-180 Fire Damage
    +3 To Immolation Arrow (Amazon Only)
    +3 To Bow And Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)