Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fire trap/kick pvp hybrid

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by DeathsHand, Mar 14, 2004.

1. DeathsHand

DeathsHand IncGamers Member

fire trap/kick pvp hybrid

lo all.

im thinking of making a hybrid trapper using mainly fire traps.

20 fire blast
    20 wake of fire
    20 wake of inferno
    1 burst of speed
    1 mindblast
    1 weapon block

and im also thinking of getting maxed dragon flight.

gear.
    Shako
    enigma mageplate
    maras
    2 sojs
    magefist
    wizspike + storm
    [switch] cyrstal sword with 4* ums (100% OW) and 2* eths (-25% pvp target defense) + storm.
    rare mirrored greaves (myriddium when i find some)

basically the idea was to trap them and also dragon flight them to get 100% OW, also if they absorb i just hit them once and switch to wiz to keep mindblasting them till they die.
    also when they're stunned i could use dragon talon.

do you think this would work? its either dragon flight + um/eth crystal sword or chaos on switch and max TS to kill them while stunned.

i really need some opinions especially for the fire traps and whether TS still does decent dmg or not.

2. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

I tried one with Blade Fury instead to open wounds them while they were trapped, but since BF isn't ITD, it doesn't work t.t Anyways, Goping WW/Traps is prolly more like it since you've got 2 great sources of damage. You can deal out open wounds, venom, fire, and physical. not bad. also open wounds kills, but if they heal from your traps, it won't deal damage fast enough if you don't reapply it quick enough.

3. DeathsHand

i could use chaos +2*um "fools" claw (adds about 60 max dmg and 1500 AR) on switch and max claw mastery then put rest into venom, you think that would work?

im trying to stay away from using draculs as i want the +1 fire skills and faster cast for mindblast.

EDIT:

what you think if this:
    20 fireblast
    20 wake of fire
    20 wake of inferno
    20 venom
    10 claw mastery

i should be able to get at least 8k AR ot hit with, my venom will do 745 poison dmg (nice).

so ill be trapper 1 side with 70% faster cast (10 frames IIRC) (lvl 39 traps.)
    and WW assy on other with 25/50 OW and okish physical/magic/poison dmg.

4. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

you will not have 8k ww ar with that setup.

otherwise i think it will work well, though i dont like ow as i think it's a bit lame, but thats a matter of preference.

Try to get a decent slvl dtalon to use while the opponent is stunned. Acctually, i would aim more for DTalon thatn DFlight.

C-Beat

5. DeathsHand

well my other pure WW ssin manages 6-7k AR nearly naked (12-16k AR with gear on)

so i would imagine lvl 30 claw mastery would get me around 8k? maybe not but aslong as i can get 6k ill be happy.

also i was trying to decide between using kicks OR using WW as WW will require claw mastery + venom.

6. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

my sin with 180 dex, slvl 37 CM and 2 ravens does "only" have 6k-7k ar with chaos. Only with angelics can you reach more ar if you dont wanna fil your inventory with ar charms.

I'm using both kicks and ww ^^

C-Beat

7. DeathsHand

difference between my ww assy and most others is i use life charms, ar charms and dmg + r/w charms instead of shadow skillers.

tbh she has about 5.8k ar with only chaos and bartucs on and with ravens she gets 7k quite easily so i suspect i can get about 6-7k while using 10 trap skillers.