Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Sorceress

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by DwayneGAnd, Nov 18, 2018.

1. DwayneGAnd

DwayneGAnd Diabloii.Net Member

I just beat normal difficulty with a fire sorceress. As I said in previous threads, this is my least favorite sorceress build, but my favorite fire build. Odd, isn't it?

The Sorceress is one of my favorite classes. Maybe because I find it more enjoyable to play as a mage rather than a warrior. Maybe because long range attacks are far more effective and safer than melee builds. Just ask anyone who plays first person shooters. Or anyone who plays the Fallout games.

One of the sorceress' strengths is that she has many skills to deal with mobs of monsters. With this character, I found myself quickly dispatching entire crowds.

This was the second fire sorceress I have ever made, as I have tried this build in the past. But I did two things differently. First of all, I didn't invest any points into energy. Also, I got the Hydra spell when it became available.

I put a point into each of the mandatory sorceress skills when they became available: static field, warmth, and teleport. I also got a point in frozen armor to increase my defense and to freeze melee attacks which would have given me time to escape or get free attacks. At the beginning, I pumped fire bolt. At level 12 when fireball became available, I made fire bolt my primary attack and pumped fireball to increase damage and keep the mana cost cheap. Once meteor became available, I pumped it and made fireball my primary attack. At level 30, I put a point in both fire mastery and hydra. Then I maxed meteor. The next spell I max will be fireball, then firebolt. Finally, I'll max fire mastery.

Here is her final planned setup:

Helmet: Harlequin Crest (skill levels, magic find, life and mana)
    Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope (skill levels and resistances)
    Armor: Chains of Honor Archon Plate (skill levels, resistances)
    Weapon: Heart of the Oak Flail (skill levels, resistances, increased casting speed. Best casting weapon ever!)
    Swap Weapon: Call to Arms Flail (debuff purposes)
    Shields: Spirit Monarch (skill levels and casting speed. Alternate swap is mostly for increased debuffing skill levels)
    Rings: 2 Stone of Jordan (skill level and increased mana pool)
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh (skill level, casting speed, and increased mana pool)
    Boots: Silkweave (increased mana pool, mana per kill, increased defense against missiles)
    Gloves: Magefist (fire skill level, increased mana regeneration and casting speed)

Act 2 Nightmare Defensive

Infinity Cryptic Axe (conviction aura, crushing blow)
    Andariel's Visage (life leech, increased skill level of aura)
    Treachery (chance to cast fade which increases resistances)

According to my notes, I'll have 23 skill points level when all skills are maxed. However I've already used 1 point to get frozen armor, and two points to get hydra (one point in enchant as a prerequisite). That leaves me with 20 skill points left. Now I have two options when I reach this point.

1.Maxing inferno to increase fire damage per second of meteor
    2.Maxing hydra due to both its synergies being maxed endgame.

Which do you recommend? How does my equipment setup for myself and my hireling look? Should anything be changed?

2. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

You could go frozen orb for immunities. Hydra is among my favourite skills, but I don't think it's worth it when you have a synergised fireball already. You want something passive, or as an alternative element.