Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by LoonZ, Nov 19, 2006.

1. LoonZ

LoonZ Diabloii.Net Member

Fire Sorc

Hi all, as you can see i aint posted much cos i just joined, and as i aint got much knowledge of char builds i was wondering how good a fire sorc would be, with fire wall as main attack. Please dont criticise as i have never made a sorc b4, any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou

LoonZ (acc name also)

2. Jackson

Jackson Diabloii.Net Member

IMO, firewall is not as effective as other Meteor. Check out the guides thread for a Fire/Cold build. I think you'll find it to be well worth the time investment.

3. jerichob

jerichob Diabloii.Net Member

Hey, welcome to the sorc world!

First of all, if you pick one element (fire) only, you won't be able to solo. You will have to leave fire-immune monsters behind or play with friends. Meteor/Fireball is the best combo, with synergies from Fire Mastery skill and Firebolt. If you go purely fire, max those 4 skills.

If you are a newbie, mind that each build requires some expensive gear to be effective (twinking). Sorcs are very very fragile, so without some proper gear, you might find some (most?) areas of Hell difficulty to be a challenge.

Remember about merc, get a Nightmare Act2 Holy Freeze merc and equip him.

And I highly recommend max block!

Good luck!

4. dimsum

dimsum Banned

max out fireball and synergies.

5. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

True for 1 element sorc, but not for multi elements. Sorcs may be fragile, but they don't need that much gear to survive. I started off ladder with 2x spirit + insight (necro found the monarch), and that was enough to run meph. The key is not to get hit at all, or at least almost never get hit. This requires the good use of teleport.

Anyways, I can't tell what you want to use the sorc for. PvM? PvP? And how rich are you?