fire sorc mf?

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
fire sorc mf?

hey i was thinkin of making a fire sorc tell me what u guys think...
20 firebolt
20 fireball (main skill)
20 meteor
20 fire mastery
some pre reqs
1 tele
as much as possible in Warmth

Gear...
5/5 fire facet Shako
5/5 +3/35+ fire fathom/spirit kite shield with 30%+ fcr
Switch:6 Ist crystal sword/4 ist kite shield
maras
2x soj
5/5 fire facet ormus w/ +3 fireball
war travs
magefists
arachs
Gheeds
anni
7x fireskill charm
7x 5resist all charms

...with this build i can get an insane amount of fire damage from fireball and meteor, the 105 fcr breakpoint, pretty good resists, nasty mf (400+ with switch) and low points in str/dex/energy so i can pump Vit

with a act2 holy freeze merc w/ infinity polearm, vamp and shaftstop i would have insane killing power (conviction) with kick ass mf on switch and a good tank in my merc...what do u guys think?

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Looks pretty sweet! I prefer dual elements for a bit more versatility but I don't have Infinity:) Since you can obviously afford it, put an Um in your Shaftstop or Gaze to give your merc max resists.

Maybe get a point in Static Field to help against bosses.

Epsilon Eyez

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been using a Fire sorc to MF and its been really good. I don't have the crazy gear like you list here, but I still kill pretty fast. The only trouble is Countess (I depend on my merc) since shes immune and many times, a lot of other bosses get random Fire immunity, like Eldritch, Pindle, Mephisto's Council, etc. Not as much as you'd think, but its still annoying.

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
I would load up on mf get into the 600 at least and hit Hell Andy over and over it might take patcients and I havn't done it myself, but my friend loaded up his sorc with at least 800 mf and killed hell andy and in of a course about 3 weeks he had 2 sojs and multiples of every good uniq she can drop.

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm thanks guys im pretty rich but the 10 ists on weapon switch is going to def set me back a lot :rolleyes: but i really like this build because of the very high killing capability paired with a good MF% and good chance of survival. Although obviously a dual tree sorc would fair better for lvling in hell, i think boss running with this sorc will go much quicker

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member

tullz

Diabloii.Net Member
ahh damn i knew somethin was wrong when i read that, lol. i guess the best second choice would be eschutas then with a 5/-5?

with that i would have +50% fire damage and -15% enemy resists combined with all my other equip and facets...combined with a lvl 41 fully synergized fireball doing an average 16k already (according to d2items.com), i would be doing some major damage (not to mention my mercs conviction aura) and with some nice mf on switch, thanks for the help guys