Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Ranger

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Aerath, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Fire Ranger

Managed to snag a Kuko finally :)

Anyone who can help out with thinking on the fireranger ? :)

Skills :
    Blessed Aim (+ar, and you don't need a lot of points anyway)
    Salvation
    Fire Res
    Holy Fire

That's I think 81 points.

What should the next 20 points go into ?

__

As to gear...

Any ideas ?

Was thinking of loading up on Crushing Blow a bit... but there will be a big problem with Resists...

Does CB trigger on the splash damage as well, or just on the physical damage ?

2. Gravez

Gravez IncGamers Member

Well the explosion on the Kuko always hits so you wont need the ar boost from aim for a while since it will carry over all of your fire damage. Maybe use a aim merc in norm. For your remaining points id say put 5 or so in redemption for healing yourself when its safe..... and everything else is up to you.

I had an idea that im reluctant to share(greedy me :howdy: ) but here goes. You could make a real good ranger like this:

max holy shock
    max light res
    max FIRE res
    max Salv

Then make the "Hand of Justice" runeword in the fastest bow with decent damage. It gives great mods for a Bow(ITD,IAS,BIG ED%,-20% to enemy fire res,freeze,deadly strike,blind, life leach etc), and it comes with lv 16 Holy fire... which will be synergized by your Fire resist and Salvation. It will also be raised by your plus skills i beleive. The damage would be very nice... could probly run through some places in NM and kill without shooting. Id do this build but i dont have the runes for the BOW so i figure ill pass it on. If someoen trys it they should make a post.

3. Any1

Any1 Banned

I don't think so. Synergies only work with actual skill points invested in both the synergizing skill and the synergized skill. The only exception is a bug with items that have skill "Charges" like Marrowwalk boots.

Although, the -20% FR on HoJ should work well with a fully synergized (max Holy Fire + max Fire Resist + max Salvation) Holy Fire aura.

4. Gravez

Gravez IncGamers Member

Actually, i think you may be wrong. I know the synergy skill is only based on Hard points but the main skill even when boosted by +skills will get a raise from the synergys. Its hard to explain but im pretty sure it will work. Anyone wanna test it?

5. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

To my knowledge, only Charges work that way... Which is a feature, not a bug.

6. Wasoab

Wasoab IncGamers Member

You are correct Gravez. I tested it with Doom and a Holy Freeze aura--+to skills on items are affected by synergies whether they are charged skills with no points or just +to skills.

7. Any1

Any1 Banned

So, almost every synergy in the game is limited to slvl 20, but Bone Prison can provide a slvl 33 synergy because of Marrowalk? That sounds like a balanced design to me. :rolleyes:

It's definitely a bug.

8. Habadacus

Habadacus IncGamers Member

Wow, that HS/HF Hand of Justice build sounds cool as hell! Has anyone played with that yet? I wonder what kind of damage you could pump out with a build like that?