Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire PvP ele druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ce Olba, May 30, 2005.

1. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Fire PvP ele druid

I think i will make a pvp fire element druid. And the gear i will use would be:

Enigma Breast
    Hoto
    Spirit/Stormshield
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Soj and Raven Frost/2x 10% fcr rings
    Silkweave
    Mara's
    Magefist's

And for resistance, i got a few all res 5 sc's.

I think i will max the following skills:
    Armageddon
    Firestorm
    Fissure
    Volcano
    Molten Boulder

And then, i wil have 1 point in:
    cyc armor
    tornado
    twister
    hurricane
    arctic blast

that's total of 105 skills, meaning lvl 95 with all skill q's. But i wonder, would it be worth the time? Since i don't like to do PvM too much, i wanna know if the build would be good in pvp. And also, about the stats. Since i will use enigma, i will need at least 30 str (?), but i think i will need to add it to about 60 or so. And after that, max block or not ? Since i got an ele druid, he has max block w/ Stormshield, but he also has base lvl 13 oak, so he gets a lot of life from it too. So to get good life to this ele druid, i will need either a lot of life charms ( meaning max block) or a lot of life and low block. Which is better? I plan to duel all types of chars. And i've seen a build in www.rpgexpert.com, search for fire or fire druid, and u will see it. It seems that it would do around 4k or so with firestorm, and 10k with armageddon, that would mean that it's kinda like tank version of a lame ele druid.

2. -Ferro-

-Ferro- Diabloii.Net Member

I made one on those, it is much more fun than popular windy, also much harder to pvp with. The fire skills, as you may know, have a strong delay, which makes you play more carefully since you cant spam as crazy. In the other hand, its easier to target with them. When I got really used to this char (takes many duels dueling with), I did very well with it, unless someone stack absorb, then comes the ultimate part on the player mastery since you have to kill the enemy with just volcano/geddon (the physical damage part). It has been my most enjoyable char in the hole 1.10, although not everyone likes how it works.

About your gear, dont forget ravenlore helm with a good facet. If you play on ladder, give phoenix shield a chance (-28%lr yumm). Blocking...I yould try to do with just 60-65% block with stormshield and regular gear, get 99 fcr to tele fast. If you need more blocking in some duel, ie vs tele WW barb or kicker/WW assa, dropp soj for another raven and waterwalk boots for more dex, youll reach the 75% mark then. Also, for all around I would use sands boots instead silkwave. This build has less life since oak will be at level 1, so play more carefully.

3. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

sounds good. So it's like a meteor sorc without fb :D Sounds fun! Amd btw, i think i will try to use either jalal or my 5/-5 die fire faceted 140 def shako. And yes, ravenlore is also an option, but i dunno. So, u say that i should get around 180 or so dex, and then all the rest to vita. sounds great. Since im already pretty bored of my tele windy, since he can be beaten by 75 cold res and 2x raven. And yes, this char can also be easily resisted, since u can use 2x dwarfs and 75 fire res, just as with the windy, but i will do more dmg with fissure/firestorm. Since i like tele+cast+tele+cast style, i will probably use firestorm on left, coz u can only get firestorm or molten boulder to the left skill. If i would use fissure/volcano, it would be like a tele hammerdin, meaning u will need quick switching between tele and fissure/volcano, just as tele hammerdin needs to switch tele and conc. But still, this build sounds cool, especially if u tele on top of a dude with geddon on, and then cast a fissure or firestorm, and bye bye, coz armageddon would do around 10k, and if the build on www.rpgexpert.com is all correct, 1x fire storm= 5k :D

4. Bigru

Bigru Diabloii.Net Member

75 cold res and 2 ravens dont do nothin to 6k nado, because its all physical damage, its like saying "Ur Botd Barb cant touch me, i have 75 cold res and 2 ravens, muahaha"

but otherwise, i liked my fire druid, allthough i didnt keep him, making a normal cookie cutter windy cause i never made a decent one.

5. pAnda_fury

pAnda_fury Diabloii.Net Member

i made a fire druid about a year ago
    works very nicely in pvp even though i never tweaked its charms etc...
    a fun character to play imo and all the more satisfying when people say: "i've never seen a fire druid before but you do damn well. how do you make one?"

ironically, windies are my hardest opponent, although there are tactics to beat them. and yeh, make sure you get to the 99 fcr breakpoint for the teleing. you'll need it for versing good casters.
    and imo, a good druid caster ammy is better than maras, such as +2 druid skills, 10-20fcr, maybe some str or dex or life or res is nice too

im not sure whether ss or spirit would be better, i made mine before spirit was around so i didnt have to make the choice...maybe some vets can post about this decision

)pAnda(

6. -Ferro-

Seriously, I strongly suggest to use ravenlore (even w/o any facet) over other helm. +3 elemental, -20%fr, is just too good. Have in mind, if you use a -25% fr Ravenlore you are inflicting twice the damage listed on your display to a char having 75% fire resist. It also gives nice resists.

For the tactic, you will find yourself fissure to be the most usefull skill to use (besides armageddon, but this one is just casted once at the begining), because you can target with it from far away (more than one screen) , covers a wide area and is not easy to avoid (you can see orbs, blizzards, Bone Spirits, tornados all coming and you have the chance to react, but fissure is not easy to see poping up under your feet, ya know), vs running chars hits more than once...It is my favourite :) . Also volcano is devastating when casted on a standing target, when he moves away he has taken a nice piece of damage, and it blocklocks for a while. On the other hand, firestorm requires to be close the enemy to target and its erratic "snake" mat misses many times (besides, it deals less damage than is listed, something about its damage per second I read somewhere). Molten boulder, well, you can see it coming from miles away and it is so slow than even a lame char with decrepify on him can avoid it. So my advice is, when you are leveling up, max first the synergies for fissure and volcano leaving the molten & firestorm ones for the end.

By all this, you will end playing like a hammerdin as you mentioned ;) , swaping teleport and fissure/volcano all time. But you won´t tele+cast+tele+cast too much, due to delays it will be something like cast+tele+tele+tele+cast+tele+tele+tele+cast+....etc

Fer

7. Mana

Mana Diabloii.Net Member

8. lCE

lCE Diabloii.Net Member

Theres a brilliant guide on this in battle.net forums. U should check it out, it utilizes a maxed grizzly bear as well to protect u from ranged attacks (minion stacking) and provide a secondary source of damage, and a damn good one at that.

9. IraqyClan

IraqyClan Banned

Yarr I would advise you to refer to this guide on the bnet forums:
    http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?FN=d2-skills&T=159562&P=1

Pure fire is not very effective, but my shaman seems to kill every single character build I have encountered (minus absorbing chargers).

10. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally Diabloii.Net Member

actually, I find wind elementals to be one of my easier opponents. the old running geddon trick that works so nicely on melee does pretty much the same to them, as minion stack seems to be ignored with geddon and the fire skills. I don't advise teleport in most situations. running will be found to be better.

--welt

11. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

I agree with welt - teleporting fire eles are pointless. Running is the better strategy with them.

Fissure and geddon are most useful vs melee. Firestorm is great for letting whirlwind barbs whirl through. Volcano is great for namelocking zons and sorcs.

But you want to run. Ormus or stealth are better than enigma for the build. Trust me, I have made a few in this patch, and my 800 life running fire ele does better than my 5k life teleporting fire ele.

12. -Ferro-

Well,...erhhmmm. Cough , cough. Explain a bit better, plz, if you dont mind. Its just I can think how is it.

13. Weltkriegpally

well. stealth gives fcr/fhr (both important to a running elemental) and the r/w on top of it.

ormus (or a 20/-20 fire facet armor) gives very large damage (12k+ geddon not too hard to hit) and that hurts an opponent after you greatly.

vs. a wind elemental/hammerdin, run south/southwest (mostly for the din), every once in a while turn around and spam a twister or two. make sure you have 56/99 fhr (depending on weapon) and watch them die to it. geddon pretty much ignores minion stack and the rocks *really* kill the cyclone armor. dead very quickly, and as such, wind elementals are one of your easiest duels. a kb bowazon will be one of your toughest, unless you can get a volcano under them. all the life you can imagine (as usual) and spirit wolves are highly useful helpers. another funny trick if you do want to make a teleporting fire elemental (dunno why, but anyways) to do to zons is to stick a cano under them and hit th em with arctic blast. its highly amusing and prepare to be griped at. other tricks you will just have to figure out, but fire elementals are *highly* viable duelers.

--welt

14. -Ferro-

Ya, I know all that. I got firedru myself. Just to tell zons are very easy , just name lock fissure or volcano turns them in dodge-lock and cant move at all.

Nvm I mean how a 800 life char can work better than a 5k life one, even just runing with enigma (which gives more frw than any other armor), should work better than tha other one.

15. Weltkriegpally

iirc, he had completely different setups, and the ones on the 5k life one wouldn't allow him to change at all because of the enigma. He had better resists and whatnot on the 800 life one.

--welt

16. -Ferro-

Aaaaall right, you are coming to my point. I guessed all that, so I´m asking inkand to explain the differences between both chars, tactics etc...

I hope he read this post again;)

Fer

17. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

I can't see how you can kill a wind druid with armagedon??

12k damage

12000/24 = 500 damage

So to say... 10 hits to kill an average wind druid, that doesn't sound possible, while you with 800 life versus one with 4k of damage

4000/6 = 666 damage

Shooting with 11 fpa = ~2 shots per second = dead fire druid in one second ;)

18. Weltkriegpally

then there must be something going on with that cyclone armor, because those rocks kill it *QUICK*. something on the order of 1 or 2, tops. since I tend to use a twister spam to interrupt whatever he is doing, he can't fire back too easily. as far as your nado damage, its 4k/12 (for 50 dr), so 333 damage. It doesn't take too much to kill a windy, especially when you reallize that geddon has some physical, on top of boulders and volcanos.

--welt

19. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

umm could you be a bit more precise about the geddon damage please? :) How much physical and how much fire?

A good wind druid has like 7-8k of nado damage = same result :p And like 7-8k of life also ^^

20. Weltkriegpally

not sure on the physical. just know that it can kill fire immunes pvm. most life I have seen on a wind elemental (or heard of) is 6.5k and 6k nado. also, its a lot harder to teleport on top of a running target than you think.

--welt