Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire/Physical Bug on Ancients?????

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Squall, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Squall

Squall IncGamers Member

Fire/Physical Bug on Ancients?????

In single player mode i had a Paladin lvl 70, 95 fire resist and 90 all others, 1600 life and the Nightmare ancients had 8% chance to hit me, when one died, I died.....

I find this nearly impossible and wonder if there is a Fire/physical damage bug on the Ancients.

just wondering if anyone knows anyhting about, if i lost that HC character to a bug, that would suck!

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well there is a bug for FE enchanted ancients. Pretty much they will kill you as soon as they touch you no matter what you do. Also other FE monsters are bugged the same way but not as much as ancients. Another thing to watch out for too is stacking elemental dmg.

3. xinu

xinu IncGamers Member

not just the ancients but any and all FE bosses. when blizzard upped the hp of the monsters in NM and Hell they never took this into account. from what i've been reading, they have dropped it down significantly to about 1/4 the monsters hp on the realms (don't remember where i read that). anyway, if you see a FE boss it's best just to leave it alone.

4. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

Kinda hard to leave the Ancients alone. And you can't really stand back and let his merc handle it. Merc dies in approximately .9 seconds. I would just say reroll them if you see any with undesireable mods. "Fire Enchanted" being one of them.

5. Squall

Squall IncGamers Member

well that freakin sux, thanks blizzard. I'll admit when I die cause it's my fault, but this wasn't.

what's weird is that as he was dying, I was trying to move to get hammers on him...and i couldn't,,,i jsut kept clicking to a spot and i was stuck...then POOF, my deeds of valor will be remembered.

oh well, time to work on a barb, but god damn man!

6. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Do a search of the forum on this topic. I think Shade did a calculation and study a while back and found out that even with 4.5k life, over 50% DR, 95% fire res and 40% absorb, he still died. I think the final calculation kicked out something like 100k damage (before damage reducing stats) or something equally rediculuosly huge.

crg

EDIT: FE Ancients enjoy!

7. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

i let my merc do the dirt work, to my knouledge they dont get burned by fire enchanted exposion or corpse explosion.. mercs are excellent.

8. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

... by Areat Summit a FE talic does 128240 dmg at death, thats w/o res and dmg reduce. i assume the fire and phys dmg at death is 50/50. the calculation is based on his maximum life.
    so with his minimum life... wich is
    +75% in death explosion
    =67326
    with 50/50
    33663 fire, 33663 phys

fire dmg
    -95% fire res
    -40% absorb
    -40 absorb

969,89 fire dmg

-50%

17801,39 dmg if he dies. with minimum life and minimum explo ED.

but i aint sure ive got the absorb % thing right. anyway, i also heard that if a shot is enought to 1 hit kill ya, res and dmg red is not counted.

9. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

I'm not so sure FE death explosion is a Corpse Explosion, I believe the FE death deals pure fire damage.
    The death explosion is at 1/4th of the monster's max life in Hell, therefor it's well possible that monsters in late Nightmare deal more death explosion damage than their Hell counterparts.
    This is not the FE bug though...the bug is where you get insta-killed by just being in the proximity of a living FE monster (Ancients deserving special mention).