Fire or Wind?

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Fire or Wind?

So been playing with a fissure and some summons with some +mana after each kill gear and has been great so far..only lvl 19 right now.

Do fissure /volcano druids have more problems then say a windy druid ?

Which do u all think have the upper hand and why?

Thanks in advance for replies all!!

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
rayschaller said:
So been playing with a fissure and some summons with some +mana after each kill gear and has been great so far..only lvl 19 right now.

Do fissure /volcano druids have more problems then say a windy druid ?

Which do u all think have the upper hand and why?

Thanks in advance for replies all!!
Triple Elemental Sorc will be great at lvl 19... the point is, its easier to own monsters when low lvl than in Hell...

If you're PvP, Fire dam of an Ele Druid is SQUAT after the PvP Penalty...

Much less Physical Immunes (Tornado) than Fire Immunes in Hell.

Cyclone Armor... need I explain more? Although my Cyclone Armor is around lvl 45, Hell Meph / Diablo can never bring it down if I cast right before I fight them.

More effective in PvP, being able to stun-lock, aim at the direction you want instead of just casting in a blunt place hoping it'd hit em.

Ofcourse, there are many cases where a Fire Ele Druid would be advantageous vs. Windy, but I definitely prefer Windy better. :thumbsup:

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:
Triple Elemental Sorc will be great at lvl 19... the point is, its easier to own monsters when low lvl than in Hell...

Cyclone Armor... need I explain more? Although my Cyclone Armor is around lvl 45, Hell Meph / Diablo can never bring it down if I cast right before I fight them.

More effective in PvP, being able to stun-lock, aim at the direction you want instead of just casting in a blunt place hoping it'd hit em.

Ofcourse, there are many cases where a Fire Ele Druid would be advantageous vs. Windy, but I definitely prefer Windy better. :thumbsup:

Damn ok was wondering about fire damage toward wind..thanks a lot for the advice

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:

Sorry ran out of time to edit last post i guess but as for fire vs windy this is for single player being that's all i play ,in hel is there that many more fire immune then phy ?

Anticrombie

Diabloii.Net Member
rayschaller said:
Sorry ran out of time to edit last post i guess but as for fire vs windy this is for single player being that's all i play ,in hel is there that many more fire immune then phy ?

There are not that many phys immunes, but there are alot of fire immunes. Definatly better wit tornado than a fire skill.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
jake007 said:
Fire druid is 10x more stylish IMHO

And can probably fare better in cow levels.
Lol but he's not using Armageddon... Fire Druids look way too insane with Armageddon / Fissure going around...

Yes I would assume they do Cows more effectively since my Windy can't do Hell Cow very fast, although in Norm / NM I just walk by and my Hurrican kills em.

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
fire elementals own hell cows and late act 5, 2 places that most windys don't do so well in. actually, I Have a fire ele that I run hell cows and act 5 hell with (also many other areas). He does very well and I wouldn't use anything else, ever.

--welt

jake007

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes but honestly having many FI early in the game is a pain in the butt*

There's also a long cast delay for all skills, even though spamming twister during the delay is a nice strategy.

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
jake007 said:
Yes but honestly having many FI early in the game is a pain in the butt*

There's also a long cast delay for all skills, even though spamming twister during the delay is a nice strategy.

Yeah have to give a windy a try,just love the druid class and using mana after kill equitment now makes casting a lot more bareable