Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fire or lightning sorceress for my infinity?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by not_That, Sep 8, 2006.

1. not_That

not_That IncGamers Member

fire or lightning sorceress for my infinity?

Hi,

All the months of hard work have finally paid off and I got myself an Infinity eth cv.
    Now I have a dilemma what type of char to make:

Pure fire sorc with 105 fcr
    Lightning sorc - what type is best for pure lightning in hell?

Or I suppose the cookie cutter javazon could also work?

Gear I plan on using for my sorc:

hoto
    viper upped / umed
    archnaid belt
    magefists
    storm
    shako
    tr amulet
    raven/dwarf

That's about the most expensive I can afford too.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Thx :)

2. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

A light based character is going to get the most out of it as infinity won't break most fire/cold immunes in hell.

3. jackfunk

jackfunk IncGamers Member

Also consider a Light Trapper.

As soon as I made my Infinity I tried a few light builds out, the light trapper was fun and quite resilient.

In the end I stuck with the pure light sorc as I do mostly mf, but the trapper was definately better for the odd pvp session.

4. WrathTalon

WrathTalon IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Infinity, Not_That!

Yeah, Infinity makes all three builds--lightning sorc, trapper, javazon--absolutely sizzle.

Which to choose probably depends on your playing style and preferred activities.

For sheer damage output, I don't think any build in the game can match a Javazon. You've got Lightning Fury for crowds and Charged Strike against bosses. A Lightning Fury zon with an Infinity merc is, without a doubt, the single fastest and most devastating killer in PvM, period. You'll never stop to fight anything because you'll vaporize almost every crowd in one or two javelin casts: run forward, throw, run forward, throw, etc. And because of zons' good blocking rates, plus the dodge/avoid/evade passives, you're a decent tank too. Easy to get PDR (Storm Shield). Very safe build. But you may not want to wear Enigma, and even if you do, zons have the slowest cast rates in the game, meaning you'll teleport more slowly.

Pure lightning trappers are a little slower at killing, but are probably the safest of the three builds, thanks to Fade (and its hidden PDR bonus), Mind Blast, Shadow, and the fact that assassins get 3 life per vita. And strategically I think they're the most fun (positioning traps for maximum damage). Enigma makes an ideal armor for them, and since they'll typically have some FC (for spamming Mind Blast), they're pretty decent teleporters too.

Lightning sorcs usually fall somewhere between Javazons and Trappers in terms of damage output. But so fragile... The least safe of the three, without a doubt. On the other hand, you'll be the fastest teleporter around...

So many choices. :smiley: