Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire or ice act1 faith merc?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Krios, May 27, 2005.

1. Krios

Krios IncGamers Member

Fire or ice act1 faith merc?

I need some help whith my merc. I will make a bow ama whith a Act1 Merc whith Faith. I dont know if the fire rouge or the ice rouge would be better?

2. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

I like Ice.
    A) She will slow things for you, providing a little crowd control.
    B) Fire is the most widely placed monster immunity in the game, in hell, 40% of all monsters are immune to fire.
    C) There are several bows, 'Brand', Kuko, etc., that fire exploding arrows. Equip your Ice rogue with one of these and when she's not firing ice she'll being attacking with fire, making almost nothing immune to her. (Just a suggestion, I know you're using Faith.)

That's why I like 'em.

I have a lvl 91 Ice rogue as my bowie's partner in crime, and she rocks my socks. Have fun...

3. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Remember, the +1-2 skills on Faith will change the kind of arrows the rogue fires . Don't get +3 skills on her, the hose has been disabled and she will shoot blanks a third of the time.

4. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

What does this mean? I've been playing bowies for years, but I've never heard of this.

5. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Here is the old info. In 1.09 amazon only skills also boosted rogue skills. Now only all skills items boost merc skills. I did test it at the start of 1.10 and the lightning hose was eliminated. About a third of the time the +3 skill rogue will go through the motion of shooting but there is no arrow, no hose, nothing.

6. Krios

Krios IncGamers Member

thanks very much for your help. So i think i will chose an ice rouge. Also did not know that whith the +skills.

7. zeskelnec

zeskelnec IncGamers Member

I never played a amazon. However, I am using a ice rogue with a frenzy barb.
    I was thinking equipping the merc with Kuko, but I had some doubt whether the + skills would work.
    Can someone confirm what Kuko feature will work with my ice rogue1 , specifically "Pierce", +3 immoA, +3 bow/crossbow and will it be worth in Hell.

will ice and fire damage stack on one shot or it 's one or the other ?

Thanks

8. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

The piercing attack will work and she will fire explosive arrows when not firing cold arrows. The fire damage does stack, but the three to immo and bow skills does nothing because a rogue is not an amazon.. Only +to all skills items work on mercs.

9. zeskelnec

zeskelnec IncGamers Member

THANKS,
    I'd better create a bowzon, Fire , may be despite the casting delay for Immo arrow and the need to keep monsters on the spot. Or an hybrid Firecold...